July 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eye Primer - Catrice - Eye Shadow Base

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is simply a good e/s base. It is nothing "special" but it does what it promises. My e/s stays put all day without creasing. The packaging is very practical aswell.

HOWEVER, I don't find this cheap at all, which is why i rated this a 2. You don't pay much but you also don't get very much for it. You pay 3.99 EUR for 2.1ml. If you compare that to UDPP or the too faced primer then you see that price-quantity wise.. this one is more expensive (see below)!!! So if you are smart you may want to skip out on this one and get UDPP or the too faced one because they are still slightly better quality imo AND CHEAPER. I personally felt a bit ripped off because catrice is suposed to be a very budget-friendly brand.

To clarify: catrice is 3.99 EUR for 2.1ml and UDPP is is 16 EUR for 10 ml and too faced is 16.50 for 11ml. So do 4 EUR times 5 and you get 20 EUR for 10.5 ml...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by banjaxed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE 14/9/11: Unfortunately I spoke too soon... For some reason this has stopped working its magic and for a week now my eyeshadow has slid into my eye crease after only a few hours. I will amend my rating and I won't repurchase.

I'm so happy I found this primer as UDPP is not working for me anymore! I'll start off by listing the eye primers I have tried so far:

UDPP: Good for the first few years, but my skin must have changed as the last few months my eyeshadow is not staying put (and this is with the old formula, not the new tubes).
TFSI: Eye shadow just slid off within hours, didn't work for me at all.
Art Deco: See TFSI. Didn't keep my eyeshadow in place for more than a couple of hours.
NARS: Good, but very pricey and hard to get here in Ireland.
ELF Mineral: Useless. Very oily and didn't help keep eye shadow on.

I bought this in my local chemist (drugstore in the US) for 4.49 which, in my opinion, is dirt cheap. The primer comes in a black oval tube with a doe foot applicator. The primer itself is beige and quite opaque so helps even out any discolouration on my eyelids.

I've worn it for 3 days now and my makeup looks the same in the evening at 6 pm as it looked at 8 am in the morning when I applied it! I'm really pleased with this and I'm going to buy a few backups just in case it's reformulated or they discontinue it! Would definately recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by thebeautymakeupreview

Worked really well for me, eyeshadow lasted all day and all night and it's so affordable. Would definitely repurchase! Full review here! beautymakeupreview.blogspot.com :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the Catrice eyeshadow base after my beloved Nars base ran out. I had heard a lot of good things about Catrice cosmetics, so I was anxious to try it. It comes in a very short tube, slightly larger than a sample size, with a doe-foot applicator. The product itself is quite thick-- much thicker than my Nars base. It is kind of a champagney color, almost exactly the same shade as Art Deco eyeshadow base, only a lot thicker, and it doesn't really blend out as well. The Catrice leaves a thicker layer on the eye and dries to a sort of powdery finish. I didn't have any trouble applying or blending eyeshadows on top of it. It also doesn't intensify the colors of eyeshadows, as some eye primers do. I have very oily eyelids, and the base itself started creasing right on my eyelid before I had even applied any shadow on top of it. That being said, it still improved the wear of my shadows, but not dramatically. They still wore off by the end of the day, however they kind of flaked off under/around my eyes, instead of just disappearing to a couple of little lines on my eyelid like they would if I hadn't worn any primer. So, since it was better than going without any eye primer, I gave it two lippies, but I would not repurchase. It was a definite disappointment.