October 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lips - Milani - Lip Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Gloss Pencil in 05 Hot Flash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Much more lipstick-like and opaque than the other shades I've tried from this range. It's a lovely metallic neutral medium red that has a velvety golden glow when blotted.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by stormm

For the first time in my life, I rocked a loud red lip confidently thanks to this pencil. Almost all reds turn magenta on me, and usually I find it hard to apply red lipstick without smudging the color everywhere. This product is like a dream, glossy like a lipgloss but really opaque like a lipstick. The texture is soft and easy to apply. And the color stays as a true metallic red instead of turning pink. I think this will be my HG red lip. The best thing is, I got it from clearance paying only $1.6 !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Dollymaeormaynot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in hot flash which is a bright red metallic color. Absolutely stunning. It's got a matte texture yet ultra metallic shine. Slightly sticky on the lips but that seems like it would aid in it's lasting power. Haven't worn it for an extended time yet but I will be new years eve. A lot of the reviews have been saying they don't like the pencil form and I agree that I hate losing product but... I really can't think of another form they could make it in that would be usable. I suppose you could depot it like a nyx pencil but how would you apply? Anyway it's way more awesome than I could have hoped for and I will be purchasing more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! The colour is perfect-true red with tonnes of shimmer/glitter, but the texture is smooth and staying power is decent. I don't detect any scent, pigmentation is fantastic:) This is less than 1/3 the price of Tarte's Lip Luster thingys and I like it better-I plan to repurchase a bunch more of this colour because it's beautiful and I love the formula!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Milani Lip Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Gloss Pencils are generally somewhere between lipstick and lip gloss in texture and finish.

The color Hot Flash (05) is described on the Milani web site as "red with red shimmer". I find it is a high-shine, metallic frosted, intense bright red. Of all the Lip Flash pencils i have this one is the moistest, creamiest, and glossiest. Because it is so creamy, it wears off a bit more quickly than the other Lip Flash pencils i have, but does leave the lips with a bit of red stain, so you won't be without lip color.

I am normally quite wary of reds, but this one is lovely and striking. It goes on very smoothly, feels moisturizing, is highly pigmented, and gives complete coverage. To wear this red, first i line my lips with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Ozone, which is clear and colorless, to prevent feathering. Hot Flash is pretty long lasting for what it is, wearing off in a few hours.

It is a somewhat chubby pencil, so you will need a wide holed sharpener. This is a lovely red in an inexpensive product, so anyone shy of red can give this a try. Good product, good price.

On their website, Milani says: “The electric lip look is defined with highly pigmented flashy shimmer colors. Create news worthy lips with extra glossy, high color coverage and moisture rich ingredients. A sharpenable, easy to use, anti-feathering and nontacky lip gloss pencil. “The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick. Each one allows you to line, define and perfect your pout in one easy, simple application. “Available in 8 Shades.” The description seems a bit confused, is it a lip gloss pencil or a lipstick pencil? It seems more like a lipstick than a gloss to me. I have purchased three more Lip Flash Pencils and they all behave a little differently from each other.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by alsviolante

I've been looking for a deep metallic red lip color with a lot of pigment and this is it! i bought this product in Hot Flash and it is such a pretty shimmery red, perfect for the holidays. The only thing I wish it had was a little bit more blue tone, it makes my teeth look not so white. Regardless, it lasts for a long time and the color is so beautiful. I haven't tried to sharpen it yet but I will definitely take a previous poster's advice and refrigerate it a bit before sharpening! Pick one up if you want a really opaque lip color for a good price.