April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - EyeStudio Color Explosion Eyeshadow in Caffeine Rush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first eyeshadow palette from Maybelline.
The quint features gorgeous, highly pigmented and bendable colors.
The gold at the top is the most glittery of the 5 - I use it as inner corner or under brow bone for a night look. The darker brown is a smooth and a rich shade. The taupe is also gorgeous and blendable. The frosty light colors (on the left and center of the pallette) are great as a liners, inner corner or as a brow bone highlighter. Love...
I'm not really a neutrals eyeshadow wearing type of girl but this little gem has a rockstar edge that I have never seen in a neutral palette before. I like to wear the two darker shades blended out all over my lower lids then the gold on the inner corner with turquoise eyeliner and a few coats of mascara. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this , it has gorgeous browns and good quality they're also very pigmented and blendable

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a bad product. More glitter than I would like though not as bad as it looks in the pan. Still, the top glittery shade was way too much for me. I agree with complaints about the size of the colors and also wish that the "medium" brown was more of a medium shade and less dark like the darkest brown shade. Pretty good quality. Some fallout. Wears well. Would be a 3 if it was a more expensive product but because it was not giving it a four.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge eyeshadow junkie. I've grown disenchanted with MAC and Urban Decay and Bare Escentuals and hate NARS. (HATE.) My collection of powder eyeshadows consists of carefully chosen, overly scrutinized purchases from Hourglass, Dior, and Chanel. (And even then, sometimes I am not 100% happy with those three formulas, but those are different reviews entirely.) Everything else has been tossed out or swapped. Once I decide I don't like a formula anymore, I get rid of it without question! As you can tell, I take my eyeshadow way too seriously, lol, but I'm hoping that by confessing to my snobbery, you will appreciate my recommendation that much more!

I. Love. This. Quint. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Let me put it to you this way: My mom bought this for me on a whim the same day I bought myself Chanel Harmonie du Soir. (Which I am not knocking at ALL - it's gorgeous and high quality!) I wore the Chanel the first day around the house. And then every day for the next three days, I wore Caffeine Rush out. And then the following week I wore it three more times. And I've worn it at least once a week since then, whereas the Chanel has been worn one additional time only in the month I've had it. That's how much I love Caffeine Rush, and how many compliments I get on it.

I would pay Dior prices for this quint. It's not a dupe for Dior's holiday quints (Fairy Golds and Night Golds) but it's got a similar feel: Shimmery golds and charcoal browns and sparkling whites and peaches. I was considering buying Fairy Golds until I got this, and now I feel there's no need. The texture is silky, buttery goodness and the pigmentation is stunning. I can do a super dramatic, smoky eye with this, a bombshell look laced with delicate gold glitter, or something simple, with just one color swiped across the lid and lots of black mascara. The shadows stay all day with a primer and blend perfectly together. On my NW15 skin, the look is really striking, which I love!

Buy this. It's super cheap and you will not regret it!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like these eyeshadows, but I am not overly in love with them. It is a very good pallette for a drugstore buy or someone who does not want to spend a lot of money on eyeshadow. The quality is pretty good and the color combo is very nice. However, I just bought a Too Faced eyeshadow palette yesterday and I am over the moon with the quality and colors! So I know now what I have been missing all these years from higher quality eyeshadows. These colors do blend well though and the initial color payoff is pretty good. My favorite color is the light tan, peachy color cause it make a great transition color, and the white on the bottom makes a great highlight for the brow bone. Overall I am happy with the quad since it was only $8 but I will focus my money on higher quality shadows from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by highschool101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow, along with the other ones in this collection! They work great, I love the shimmer. The only things I don't like about this one and the others are that the really glittery ones do not last and are really thin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Mikaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eyeshadow a lot! The colors are very pretty and matches my skin color a lot. Theres many colors so you ca use the light color as base and darkest color as an eyeliner which makes your eye makeup look more natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's amazing to me that a palette this small can be so complete! I got this a few days ago and I've used it every day since. I'm not terribly creative so I use the light peachy "triangle" on the inner 1/3 of my lid, the taupe one on the outer 2/3's and the darkest colour (the narrow strip) in the crease and the very outer corner area. The finished look is easy, flattering, neutral and just all around perfect. I've not use the very glittery shade - it looks like it would have fallout and just looks too glittery for the rest of the look but one of these days, I'll give it a try. For now, though, if I want a brow highlight, I use the peachy shade or I'll use one of my other matte light beige shadows.

I've got a lot of neutral eye shadow palettes (Naked1 and 2, TheBalm Nude 'tude, TF Natural Eye, WnW Vanity and Comfort Zone) as well as a big collection of neutral shadows generally, from drugstore to high end but I have to say, this little palette is just so practical in such a small package. I find the case a bit fiddly to open and I could wish that the darkest shade was a larger wedge and the glittery one smaller but still, for 8 or 9 dollars (CDN - it was on sale), this is hard to beat. I would certainly repurchase. If you like neutral, workplace appropriate looks that are by no means boring, check out this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

This palette is SO good and SO freakin' cheap! The texture and pigmentation remind me so much of the Lancome color design palettes but of course these are so much cheaper! I get so many compliments when i wear this particular one. I love the pressed glitter also, easy EASY palette to use also!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this palette about a year and a half ago and I love it. I do love color on my eyes but for work, or in a situation where I don't have time to really think about what colors would go/be appropriate for where I'm going or what I'm doing, I just reach for this little guy. They go on easily, good pigmentation, and are very soft and easily blended.

The buff lighter brown and the cream color are the most used eyeshadows I have. When I'm in the mood for sparkle the shimmery glitter in the top pan is perfect - it's very sheer and light and adds just the right amount of sparkle when I need it. The only thing that bugged me about it is that the color in the V shaped pan, and the color in the far right triangle pan, are extremely close to one another - to the point that if I'm not looking for the difference they are almost the same shade. The one in the V shaped is actually a bit darker and a bit more coppery but they are still extremely similar dark browns with a bit of shimmer.