December 21, 2014 | 1702 users online

Treatments (Face) - AcneFree - 3-in-1 Sport Wipes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I carry these in my gym bag and makeup bag. They are super convenient and work well for my oily skin, but I don't buy them often because they are pretty expensive compared to the tub of wipes. At home I use rubbing alcohol mixed with tea tree oil to control oil and break outs. That's much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great wipe to bring to the gym! Super easy to use. Great for traveling. Sometimes i use this instead of a cleanser and it works easily as well. 5/5 rating

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AcneFree Sport Wipes have 2% Salicylic Acid, and time-released benzalkonium chloride. They contain NO fragrance/perfume, and are individually wrapped little towelettes (maybe 4" x 6"). I bought them because they were the ONLY Drugstore Salicylic Acid pad product w/o the perfume/fragrance/"essential oils" that I'm allergic to.

I had a very good experience with my first box; smooth clear liquid, cleaned my skin well (used for freshening during the day and/or after work), left no residue, and really helped to cut down on my freakish oil production...I WANTED the slightly drying effect they had. I would buy that box again! However, my second box was not a good batch. The pads were a little dry; they were a little "sticky", and left a sticky residue on my face that dried with a sticky texture. I used up the second box--am on a budget-- but I wouldn't buy them again because it's a long drive to Walgreens that carries them in-store, and it's not worth the time/gas-money if it's going to be another bad batch. Although the websites for CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid say they carry these in store, I've found that they are NOT usually in-store near me (although the "Sport Kit" usually is).

If they are carried nearby (so you can return them if they're a bad box), and if you're allergic to perfumes (which rules out the Stridex, Clearasil, ext.... pads), then I would recommend these. I DID appreciate the drying effect, as my skin is crazy-oily.

I have just invested in the Solvere Toner Pads, and am hoping those will do what I'd hoped these Sport Wipes would do. It's rough to find a salicylic acid pad w/o perfumes and allergens.

PRODUCT DETAILS (taken from Drugstore.com):

Wipe Out Breakouts!

* Alcohol-Free
* Cleanse. Treat. Protect.
* Antibacterial
* Time-Released Benzalkonium Chloride with Salicylic Acid

3-in-1 Action

Keep these soft wipes handy in your pocket, gym bag, locker or backpack and get a jump start on breakouts - with one, quick, refreshing wipe.

1. Cleanse. Take Action On The Spot. Remove the dirt, sweat and oils trapped in pores after sports and workouts - right away, instead of hours later.
2. Treat. Before Breakouts Get Started. Wipes deposit medicine deep into pores, attacking acne-causing bacteria.
3. Protect. Keep Fighting Acne Bacteria. Defend against acne-causing bacteria with time-released medicine that stays "on guard" inside pores.

Wipe Off Sweat, Dirt & Oils. Leave On Medicine.

On-The-Go Acne Control For Active Teens & Adults.

* Refreshes & Invigorates