Chantecaille Luminous Eyeliner in Tempo

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I fell in love with Pianissimo some time back and was curious to see if Tempo would be a soft shimmery black as indicated by the name. Unfortunately it's not but it was a very long wearing liquid w/o the heavy look some longer wearing formulas have.
+Nice brush for a bristle/hair brush. Tapers off and is thin, can easily build up the line or leave it razor-thin.
+Long wearing black formula, very deep black.
-Not luminous, as the name suggests. Not a velvety matte, not a higher shine finish either. Fell flat on my skin.
-The formula reminds me of hair gel and I didn't find it as easy to apply in one steady swipe like with other true "liquids" I had to fuss more and reapply to cover the bald patches.

Personally, I prefer a felt-tip applicator, either in inkwell with a very liquidy formula I can take a brush and smooth out, or a pen formula with felt-tip.

I find their le Stylo pen to be gorgeous and highly recommend that, but this Luminous fell short of what I anticipated. If you prefer a brush and have a hard time finding a brush that's not too thick or flimsy, I would recommend this for brush alone, but the formula made it too fussy to work with. I had higher expectations coming from Chantecaille.