October 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Hair Treatments - Jamaican Black Castor Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the tropic isle living brand and it's my HG hair oil. Yes it smells like roasted nuts but my hair has grown so much!! My hair is stronger and longer and a lot less breakage. I recommend using it as an over night treatment and wash out in the morning if you hate the texture (very thick, kind of like honey) Give it a try this stuff works

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by emmjaepenniman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Jamaican Mango and Lime Original Black Castor Oil for about a month on my relaxed hair and I have noticed a nice amount of growth, even in troubled areas. I haven't used it as a hot oil treatment yet, I just try to massage it into my scalp every night. There isn't much of a strong scent so I can't say that it smells bad. I bought a bottle at Sally's for about 6 or 7 dollars. I highly recommend this product and will definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Omg...this stuff reeks! I bought a bottle, since my already fine hair started shedding like mad after I had my son. To be honest, I really didn't give it a fair shot since it's thicker & stickier than molasses, smells like tar and makes my scalp itch like crazy. This stuff is just so not practical to use IMO. Like using tree sap or something idk. I will stick to avacado oil or anything else. Will I buy this again.....hell nah.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I absolutely love this stuff. It does a great job sealing in long-lasting moisture to my hair. I was using regular golden colored castor oil, but I can truly tell the difference using JBCO- it's like regular castor oil on steroids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product came into my life at the perfect time.

Though stress my hairline started to break. I tried not to get my realaxer service, and used all the classic 'make your hair grow' greases from the hair shops. Nothing worked, then I was introduced to bjco.

I used it day and night on my hair line for about 3 months. My hair line is back, and thicker then ever.

It doesn't smell great, but it does the job. It also works wonders on my lash line. I would say this is a must forever one! I think it may be a bit to thick for European hair, so give it a try, but everyone should have it for eyelashes and eyebrows. My HG product!

Edit: it's really important to get bjco from a reliable brand, as some use additives, such as salt or dilute with other oil. I use tropic isles from sheabutter cottage.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

A great multifaceted oil for hair & skin. I brought the Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil from Ebay in Dec 2012 for 11 for the 8oz bottle & have been using it regularly

I use this on my face (1 drop) alongside Avocado oil. This combination leaves my skin moisturised, smooth & is helping to fade blemishes. Breakouts/oil production has also been reduced

For my natural hair I get best results on damp hair, I use it on my coily roots & it helps to soften & smooth it. I also concentrate the oil on the ends of my hair to 'seal' in my leave in conditioner and massage it into my scalp to help with my dry scalp condition & to promote new growth which its documented to be great at stimulating. I cant yet comment on hair growth but will be observing over the next few months

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I buy the Tropic Isle brand from amazon for about $7 for an 8oz bottle.

I use this on the edges of my hair only. It's too thick and heavy to put anyplace else. It has a syrupy texture and is very viscous. The scent reminds me of nuts and wet earth.

I spritz my edges with some water, rub a bit of this between my hands and work it into my edges before putting on a headband and tying on my satin scarf.

I do this every night and my edges are no longer dry and rough looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jessicar4bbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about using this oil on the hair because I've been suffering from accutane related hair loss for 8 years (so no amount of castor oil will fix that), but I have been using this elsewhere on my body and I actually really like it. For reference I use the Sunny Isle brand that I bought from Amazon for just under 10 pounds which isn't that cheap but it is really good quality and has lasted me ages. I use it on my cuticles overnight, just rub a little bit on before bed. My nails are normally very dry and brittle but have been doing this for almost 2 months now and I notice that they are growing really strong and they don't peel or break as they usually would, which is a really welcome change! I've swapped between using the castor oil and virgin coconut oil on my nails and recently have been applying BCO to my eyelashes in the morning and evening and although the change isn't dramatic my eyelashes have soaked it up nicely. They look fuller and thicker and I don't get the dreaded fallout when I remove my mascara anymore. I will keep applying to my eyelashes and cuticles because this seems to work very well. I have also mixed some of this with a lighter oil (grapeseed in my case) as a moisturizer after a shower and my skin never felt so smooth and delicious. I am going to start using this as a hot oil hair treatment but again, I don't expect dramatic results with this because my hair loss is down to hypervitaminosis A and the damage is permanent (as far as I can tell) but I will report back if I do notice any changes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by HakkaTeaCeremony

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review is in the same realm as Lola_B's. I am on the fence with this one. My curly/wavy hair can dry out rather fast, so moisturising is my mantra.

This oil does keep my hair moisturised and fluff-free, but it's so sticky and smells a bit too heavy for my taste (burnt nuts).

Furthermore it seems to fixate my hair so its quasi-hard to the touch.

I will mix it with a favourite of mine, Argan oil, to counter the stickiness and smell. If I see this brand/product I might buy it again. Might not.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Oceanzzz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about 5 months and have noticed my hair is thicker and has grown; didn't measure it, though. It moisturizes and softens my hair as well. I don't use shampoo too much... just conditioner washes and herbal cleansing mostly. I love this product!