November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio Color Explosion in FOREST FURY

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by camidumas

This product is only expensive relative to other drugstore products; it has the quality of a higher end shadow and so is actually a bargain. The colour payoff is excellent and it goes on as smoothly as my Smashbox shadows (better than most but not quite as good as a luxury shadow like Givenchy). I was really impressed by how bright the colors were with a single application.

You're getting four shadows (two lid, a crease and a highlighter) plus a shimmer dust for accent. One of the failings of the packaging is not making it clear in mile-high letters that the glitter is not a 'shadow', and if you use it by itself, it'll just evaporate. It goes over the shadow. You can have glitter if you want it - as much or as little or as none as you want, exactly where you do or don't want it. I hope this idea takes off because I love it.

The packaging is nothing special, although, I did drop the closed box face-down and the shadows didn't shatter. It comes with a double-ended sponge-tip applicators which are shaped for lid and crease/highlighting. They do a reasonable job in a pinch.

I am definitely glad to have purchased and may get the pink set as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wish the colors stayed on because they are gorgeous in the pan and even when you swatch them. However, regardless of what base/ primer I use, these shadows simply do not stick on my lids! They crease and fade... in the weirdest places too. (like in the middle of my lid!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review goes for all of the Eye Studio Color Explosion eyeshadows - I own the blue, green, purple, and brown kits, and they are all ultra pigmented, have a super buttery formula, and they are long wearing. You're getting several colors here, making for super versatile wearability. The only negative is the shimmery glitter shadow at the top of all of these fades into nothing a few minutes after applying. It's not a huge loss though. I ALWAYS get compliments when wearing these.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the eyeshadow, Maybelline did a fantastic job of matching the colors up. I have Forest Fury and the green shadows really play up my blue eyes (which can look grey or greenish depending on the day). Was pretty expensive but I worth the money. Definitely worth trying out!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ilovemyxb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! i have the purple one and was really wanting to try the green! id have to say it was kinda expensive at 11.00 (cvs) but its pretty pigmented, i didnt have to put a lot on to get the color i wanted. i wore it the day after i got it and got TONS of complaments! it really made my green eyes pop. i even used it with the purple quad and loved how it turned out! the only thing i didnt love, was the shimmer... it really got all over the place! but, you can just place some powder under your eyes to catch the fall out. but over all beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by blackattire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this!
This is my current preferred pallet (beating out an Avon and Physicians Formula set). The colors show up well and are very blend-able. I use a little bit of a Maybelline foundation for a base and these colors seem to react well to it.
I'm using Forest Fury as my prom eye shadow and I'm confident that it won't fail me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by 1000allycat

i love it what more could i say light stays on all day with primer very pigmented buy you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bluestrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply stunning. Brings out my light brown hair and eyes perfectly. Picture taken 4 hours after application (with primer of course). Nothing about this product bothers me

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the combination of all these greens! The lid color I could wear completely on its own. :) I have been searching for a good green eyeshadow for a long time; everything that I have found is either too emerald or too yellow. It goes on smoothly, blends easily...the sparkly overcoat tends to flake off but you don't even need to use it to get the sparkle effect. IT IS VERY SPARKLY! VERY! I love colored eyeshadows and just wear them for fun, day in and day out but for someone who is used to more muted shades, tread lightly or just start off with the limey lid color, and the dark green liner. The only complaints I have about this color collection: the price. For Maybelline it's pretty expensive at around $9. But if I bought all these shades at BareEscentuals (which is what I usually use) I would spend over $40. I don't intend to wear this every day. Oh, and the layout...hard to get a brush in. But it looks nice in the package, eye-catching in the store.
EDIT: after several more applications I can't wear this for more than a couple hours anymore like with typical Maybelline brand makeup. Highly irritating. Be careful those of you with sensitive skin. I had to throw it away. Shame, because I really haven't found a green set this brilliant anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JenLeFriend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While many find this product creases, I haven't had that issue at all (and I don't use a primer). Goes on smoothly. I've had the best luck when I apply the luminizer (top color) with my finger, lightly dabbing across the lid. It really doesn't take much to get the look you most likely want. (Using a brush didn't put any of this stuff on my eye.) Con with it is that the luminizer does disappear after a few hours. (I never notice when during the day it does, however. When I get home from work, it's barely shimmery.)

Gotten so many compliments on this shade. I'm going to try Blue blowout next.