Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love the creamy texture, it doesn't break me out, and I like the cute packaging, but it just doesn't look natural enough on me, and it ends up looking blotchy after a few hours.

I love this foundation, and I'm surprised it hasn't rated better! I found this after retiring my non-cruelty free items and have been impressed with its feel, coverage, and staying power. The foundation itself almost feels whipped; it's on the fuller coverage side, and a little goes a long way when I use it with a light powder. I apply this with a Morphe foundation brush and set it with an Elf powder afterwards. The tube is nice and good for getting every last bit of product out. Will repurchase.

This product made my skin look really flaky but oily at the same time.. looked really cakey and didnt really go on even at all

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I have a decent love/hate relationship with this product. I have very fair and oily in T-zone skin. I bought in the shade fair sand and it is a pretty decent match with Revlon color stay Buff (a somewhat yellow tone). It is a weird consistency that reminds me of a silicone base like smashbox primer. It dries to almost a powder. I bought it off of QVC with a brush and the brush is a great way to apply it.

Now for the downfalls: one) packaging. When you get down to the bottom of the tube you really have to work for it. I keep it folded over with a binder clip on it so I don't have to keep resqueezing all of the air out.

two) I use my clairisonic pretty much 3 times a week. My skin is not overly dry and flaky. This foundation just accentuates EVERYTHING! It can look decent from a little far away. But up close it clings to every single patch and looks awful. Then, if any oil comes through during the day it just separates. You can see patches of bare skin and pools of oil. It never really "sinks in" to the skin. Just rests on top and moves around throughout the day. Awful!

The only times I would use this foundation are maybe for swimming? Or to use it up since I already bought it, it does again look okay from a distance. Certainly not for wearing anywhere where I will run into people I know. Once it is out of my collection I will be very happy! If you do have to use, most certainly exfoliate like crazy!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Sad to say that I am very disappointed with this product. Decided to give this foundation a try because I heard many ravings about it. I bought mine for a hefty $60 and regretted it. Although I liked the texture of the product, it made my face look like a grease ball at the end of the day. I wish I could say I loved it, but it just really made my face too oily :( 12 hours? more like, 2 hours. :( would not purchase again.

I *think* I have finally found my HG foundation! I love that this product gives a great match to my skin tone (I'm using "Light Neutral" and was matched by a salesperson in a sephora store) there are a lot of shades available so it should be easy to find a match in one or maybe in mixing two of these formulas. I like that the ingredients are natural and it works really well for my oily skin, I get a medium pigment coverage with a matte/slightly dewy finish that doesn't look too heavy and the pigment lasts most of the day with no touch ups. Many other foundations make my skin itchy, but I haven't noticed that with this foundation at all, if anything this formulation seems calming for my skin! I generally do not use a primer because I worry that they clog my pores. I apply the Tarte foundation with a sephora foundation brush on clean moisturized skin. Sometimes I set it with MUFE HD powder applied with a big kabuki brush, (I think that the HD powder looks really nice at first because it blurs imperfections so well, but I feel like it sometimes makes me more oily later in the day than the days I do not use it.) Because this Tarte foundation has clay in it, it is matte enough to use alone with no powder and looks great and natural.

I love that the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation comes in a simple tube with a screw on lid, you get a lot of product, and its easy to use all the product down to the very last drop. (that's a big gripe I have with other foundation's packaging, like the MUFE HD liquid foundation with a pump that misses the last 1/4 inch of product and a lid that wont stay on...) and a little bit goes a long way! I use about a half a pea sized dot on the brush and blend it over my entire face and neck. I love that this product doesn't have any smell and only low SPF (I don't like high spf in my foundation).
If you have oily and uneven skin give this a try!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my all time favorite foundations! The low reviews seem to be mainly from people with dry skin which makes sense because the formulation is 100% for people with oily skin. Stop buying this if you have dry skin! It's not for you!

On the real, it keeps me matte but not dull. Stays on all day. Applying it with the Tarte foundation brush takes it from an A to an A+. A little pricey though. Also, it's the only foundation I've found that perfectly matched my skin tone which might make me a little biased.

Yes, the consistency is definitely odd and unlike other foundations, but that's just out of the tube. Once it's applied, it blends out perfectly and feels great on the skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Tarte foundations - i think they are very well-formulated, ingredient wise, because unlike other foundations (I've used alot), sometimes my skin feels soothed after I remove it, instead of irritated or stressed. I have oily, irritable, acne prone skin and I love this Amazonian Clay foundation (if you have dry skin you might not).
The texture is a tad gloopy, thicker than most liquid foundations, yet wetter than a mousse. . However, when applied with a brush, it goes on like a layer of natural Photoshop; smooth, amazing coverage, and very blendable despite its rather unique texture. Must be used sparingly or you will feel like you have a layer of plaster over your face, because this is a very pigmented, hardworking foundation which I believe is meant to be 'stretched' over the face. Because of this, and the generous tube, it's also value for money! The finish is natural, lasting, and it smoothens and covers and basically gives you want in a foundation; skin that looks like skin, but better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Amazonian Clay evens skin tone well, and finish looks soft and pretty. It's like the fdtn melts into your skin leaving it looking smooth. However, one major drawback - this isn't hydrating enough for my dry skin. Looks good for an hour, and then skin begins looking dry in spots. Like the finish so much even tried different moisturizer underneath to add moisture, but to no avail.

If one has combo, or oily skin, recommend sampling this fdtn.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora. Conclusion? Definitely will not buy! Here's why:

- The texture is super weird, unlike anything I have ever encountered before (and I have tried more foundations than I care to think about, ranging from drugstore to high end). It's sort of a sticky mousse...reminds me a little of marshmallow fluff.

- I found it to be very drying. My skin is a tad dry these days as it is (winter), this stuff made my skin so dry it started peeling around my nose. Gross.

- It has an off-putting smell. Sorry, can't recall what it smelled like, but it wasn't anything pleasant.

You'd think after all this I'd just get rid of it, right? Wrong.

- It made me break out. Within two uses I saw three pimples forming on my cheek and chin.

Never again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown