September 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

This is my holy grail foundation. I can't say enough good things about it. It makes my skin look natural yet flawless and has never broken me out. I get sooo many compliments on my skin and this is why! It blends beautifully and leaves a beautiful matte finish. I would say it gives a full coverage look and lasts all day! Love love love.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for around two months.
1. It works much better with primer underneath (I use Tarte primer)
2. I bought the matching brush and hated the finish it gave
3. It's very thick and however you apply it, dampen the applicator first
4. No matter what this looks quite thick and obviously is foundation - avoid using under eyes
5. My hyper sensitive skin was never irritated by this
6. It has great lasting power
7. It's really good for neutralizing redness

Overall this has pros and cons - I think my overall impression is neutral. I keep using it because my sensitive skin likes it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. I love the absence of bad ingredients, that there's SPF and that it's meant for oily skin. But I find that you have to use a lot of product to get this foundation to spread and I know it's probably because it's clay-based. So, it's thick. However, it doesn't feel thick on your face, which was surprising.

Unfortunately, the color is very bizarre. I purchased "light sand" for warmer skin tones. I was actually color matched to light beige, after I very specifically told the girl at Sephora that I cannot have a pink-toned foundation, and she matched me to light beige... which says "pink undertones". I bought light sand anyway to go for a more yellow foundation... but it's still too pink. If you have olive or yellow skin in any way, don't buy this foundation. It looked fine for 60 seconds, but when it oxidized it turned into a beige/pink color. Putting the matching powder on made the pink colors even worse.

Such a bummer. I will be returning the foundation and the powder, and probably get a Lancome foundation since they're great with yellow tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Genesisramos5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation it gave me good coverage and surprisingly better than a lot more than high end products. I have oily and acne prone skin. This product provided me with the coverage I need plus a nice matte finish. And also dident make me break out. Exactly what I was looking for. Defiantly would buy again! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was talked into this from the girl at sephora for my oily skin. I have never used a clay foundation before but I thought I would give it a try. It goes on nicely but after a few hours I was oily in certain spots and dry in others. Not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by LittleMissBree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin, that changes between dry and slightly oily t-zone to normal.. Love it. Goes on easily, evenly and gives medium but build able coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by trippyfiend

This was the first high end foundation I have purchased and I was so excited to try it but I was sorely disappointed. I have oily skin that is sometimes acne prone, and I can't get this foundation to give me the coverage I need. This foundation is not full coverage as it claims, and it doesn"t last 12 hours either.

Alone or with a primer it starts slipping a little off my face by the fourth hour.
The only way I can get it to last all day is by using a setting spray (Urban decay's All Nighter). Even then, it has a dewey almost oily look to it. When I am done I will not repurchase again, but try to find a better foundation..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mienelienable

Got this in a gift tracel kit and was very excited to try this. Goes on very nicely and gives a nice sheen but it doens't last on me at all. Gets very patchy during the day and this is the only foundation that does that on me. Would't recommend at all and i'm very happy i got to try it first!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, however, I feel like I cant wear it every day or my oily acne prone skin will get clogged. It has a light whipped texture and provides good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nylarebecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation I have oily acne prone skin and honestly this stuff is so nice. Excellent coverage light weight foam touch and goes on effortlessly use to use coverfx for years. I have tried tons of expensive concealers foundations. With this I dont even need concealer. Lastly I rearly break out thanks to this miracle. Love!