March 2, 2015 | 1819 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2015 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Chaosofcolor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I heard such great reviews on this foundation from everyone and I don't want to bash it, because I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but if you have combination skin with dry patches like me it might not work for you. It went on very dry and settled Into my dry patches almost instantly. It looked okay for about 2 hours into wearing it but after that it cakes up and looks awful. Definitely full coverage, but not 12 hour wear at all. I really wanted to love this item but sadly with problematic skin it just didn't work for me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2015 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Iluv2sing1995

I just was recommended this product by an Ulta worker last night. I am auditioning for Disney World next week and wanted a very natural looking foundation that would hide any imperfections as well as making me look glowy and beautiful. I think ive found the one! I am the shade Light Neutral ( which is for light skin with yellow and pink undertones). Their color selection is incredible, as I almost never find a foundation that matches my skin. I almost always end up pale white or orange! This gives me the flawless natural skin of my dreams. I am acne prone and this stuff is amazing for oily skin! It has a creamy yet matte texture that smooths out any fine lines or pores. It is a bit pricey, I got it for $38.00, but it is well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2015 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ketanitem

applied real easy and smooth on my face. velvety, satiny finish

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2015 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Kaywilkie8492

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I look for foundations that are formulated for sensitive skin as almost all of them break me out in either acne or hives. I really loved this foundation. I used for it for a long time. It's easy to blend and the color matched me perfectly. I plan to repurchase this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mskita007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nothing negative to say about this foundation or this brand (Tarte). It's my Holy Grail foundation. I have everything from Tarte and the long lasting products suits me just fine! I go crazy when Tarte has it's Friends & Family sale (30% off). I stock enough for the year. The Amazonian Clay is amaze balls! Keeps my combination skin from shining and gives me a naturally made-up look. I only blot once and that's because I'm paranoid. No cake face! I highly recommend all things Tarte!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2015 9:28:00 AM More reviews by missylouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to love this foundation when I bought it. I LOVED the color (it matched my skin tone perfectly!) right away and was very hopeful I had found "the one!" Its coverage wasn't super stellar so I tried to build it up to the level of coverage I needed.... Well, it wasn't very buildable on my skin without it looking somewhat cakey and never seemed to really dry. It was very soft on my skin but I felt like I was wearing lots of makeup all day.

I have combination skin so my t-zone can get pretty oily during the day. The foundation broke down quite a bit during the day which wasn't a huge deal for me since I usually reapply makeup in my t-zone while at work. However, the reapply looked pretty bad and it continued to look worse over the day. I also found that this settles into my expression marks and pores throughout the day and makes them more noticeable. I used this product for about two weeks before throwing in the towel.

Overall, I think it's a good product but didn't jive well with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2015 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Amberleefaye

I purchased this product in fair-light honey, lived with it for a total if three 10 hour working days, applied porefessional primer, stippled Tarte's foundation with a brush and this was my experience. My first impression was that it is very natural looking and match my skin color so perfectly there was no need for blending onto my neck. I walked out of the door happy with my make up. An hour into working I took a trip to the bathroom looked in the mirror and noticed the foundation had moved quite a bit and started to separate around my nose and mouth. This only worsened as the day went on and the make up separated so much my make up was gone in the those areas. The second day I tried to give it another chance because I thought a setting spray might help keep it in it's place. Long story short, Tarte's foundation does not compliment combination skin. It pulled the oils from my face leaves it dry and damaged. I wouldn't recommend this product to any one who has an even semi oily T-Zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 12:46:00 PM More reviews by miszexotica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so in love with this product. It doesn't give me the full coverage for my acne scars but my face looks natural with it. My face is oily if I use other liquid foundation but this is great because it is clay. The consistency is very good and my face doesn't look cakey with it. Just apply this Tarte clay foundation and spray my face with MAC mineral spray & I'm ready to go. I'm so happy how my face look like. It's so NATURAL! I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lvdd

I love this foundation. Its consistency is perfect for my combination, acne prone skin. It has a wide range of shades and stays put all day, which is all I've ever wanted in a foundation. I get medium-full coverage with one layer applied with a beauty blender, and full coverage when applied with a stippling brush. I prefer the look with a beauty blender, because it looks almost invisible. It has more of a matte finish, but not too flat, and feels like I'm not wearing any foundation t all. It's a little on the pricier end for mid end foundation, but a little goes a long way. I love the tube packaging because it gives you control over exactly how much you use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2015 11:19:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I have extremely problematic skin, so I am always on the hunt for a new foundation that will help cover my blemishes without making them worse. Overall, I would say this is a great everyday foundation, but it by no means is going to make your skin look flawless. I have tried to put this on using multiple methods: fingers, brush, sponge, but I find that using your fingers is the best way to apply. Although this claims to be full coverage, the foundation is creamy and thick, but requires multiple applications to build to full coverage. Unfortunately even with primer, concealer, and powder, I find that this does not stay on and looks cakey when applying more than one layer. I also have noticed it will settle into pores, dry patches, and fine lines. Despite these downfalls, the foundation does stay on. I think this would work well for normal/como skin, but if you are extremely oily you will be disappointed. I would recommend this if you have relatively clear skin and need some extra coverage for the occasional breakout.

I really love that Tarte makes an effort to use less harsh chemicals in their products, but this foundation was disappointing.