October 22, 2014 | 1363 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis - Peridot

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Mathildish

Very nice colour, hard to describe. Not like any other I have seen. It's the Chanel le vernis I have that lasts the longest time without chipping :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most unique and beautiful nail polishes I've ever used. I'm loyal to Chanel and YSL polish, and Peridot is a go-to favorite. My boyfriend LOVES it, and I constantly receive compliments when I wear it. It has an incredible depth, and changes color with the light. It can go from gold to green. My bestie has dubbed it my "chameleon polish." There's simply nothing else that compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by whiteblackcat

One of my all time favourite shades. Simply beautiful and unique color. Not the best if you are searching for simple gold shade but do not hesitate to give it a try, it is much more than that! Great quality as for all Chanel Polishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A really unique colour, it's a sort of mix between bronze and gold with a teal/green shine with a frosty, shimmer finish. It's really beautiful. It applies nicely, I like the fact that it isn't too thick in consistency like other nail polishes I have which means it won't dry up as fast. It chips fairly easily but that's probably because I don't wear a top coat with it. I hate the fact that other brands are copying this colour though, it makes it less different, *COUGH COUGH* OPI SPIDERMAN COLLECTION! Apart from that, fabulous colour!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I completely agree with the review before mine. It looked so cool in a picture in a magazine and in the bottle, but it looked strange on. The color reminds me of snakes. The color isn't shimmery, but a frosty gold green (depending on the lighting). It does not flatter my pale cool toned skin at all. It's so expensive, it gets very dull after a while, and the cap broke..
I did get a lot of complements on the color though. And it was easy to apply. But I won't buy this again. If the cap didn't break, I would have given it to a friend instead of throwing it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Looks prettier in the bottle than on my nails. I was expecting to see the micro glitter, but it looks more frosty/shimmery applied. The color is a warm golden green with a hint of bronze and teal. Doesn't really flatter my pale cool skintone I must admit. It does apply easily, thin, but not too sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is a little out of my comfort zone, but it is so complex that I love it. It's mostly green, with strong tones of gold and a hint of bronze and blue. You really have to see it in the light to appreciate it.

I've never had a problem with it chipping. I use Nailtiques base coat, then a coat of Gelous, 2 coats of color and my top coat is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in the red bottle. Works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this colour... It really is a gorgeous glittery colour reminiscent of a peridot gemstone. Some days I love its edgy reflective sheen and other days I feel it is just a little bit too weird. That being said I am a sucker for Chanel polishes so this was yet another to add to my vast collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Twimum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why there's so many comment about this polish chipping. Maybe the reviewers aren't wearing a top coat? I am hard on my nails and I mean hard... I have three children and dog and a cat so my hands are always in the water either cleaning or washing my hands clean. I'm on the computer a lot too so tip wear is the first thing I usually notice with nail polishes. Not with this one! Tip wear and chipping with the black Chanel polish but not Peridot. Amazing colour, goes on nice and smoothly and I almost didn't put on a clear top coat because it looked so beautiful the way it was - but as I said, with the wear and tear my nails go through I need a clear on top. Three days later this polish is still going strong and I'm getting compliments on it. I'll be buying another bottle.

Edit: I know I only reviewed this two days ago but I had to come back to add more as I realised I didn't really talk about the colour. Peridot is a gorgeous gold colour that changes to light olive with a touch of blue when you move your hand. I actually have a ring with a Peridot stone on it and when I wore it with this polish I was amazed at how accurate the colour of the polish is. Let me say that I've always been a 'red polish' girl - any sort of red but I never used other colours (except black and French polish), so I was worried this would be something I'd think was a fad after a few days. Wrong! Love love love it! The more I wear it the more I love it. Looks absolutely stunning with blue clothes, amazing with white (okay, all colours go with white clothes but this is something else, just gorgeous), and makes all my gold rings/bangles look amazing. Definitely buying a backup bottle of Peridot.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely colour.

Chips within hours even with 2 coats and a top coat!

Chanel is well known for its exceptionally poor quality of nail polishes and this one is no exception.
There are some equally pretty dupes around which are better quality.and cost less ( Topshop Rainbow, p2 860 ready to rock, Catrice Genius in a bottle- not a 100% duper but very pretty.)

Just to let you know Chanel pays marketing agencies to pose a consumers online to write positive reviews about their products!
95% of the positive reviews for Chanel are fake.

All big companies (L'oreal, Estee Lauder, Body Shop (owned by L'oreal) Maybelline etc..) with big marketing budgets are doing it.

Just because something is written online doesn't mean it is true.

I work in a big marketing department for the biggest French yogurt manufacturer and we pay marketing agencies to pose as consumers online and write great reviews about our products.
- every big brand company does it!

We also use a online listening software called Radian6 (there are lots of other softwares which do the same thing- just google Radian6) which alert us to anything that is said about our brands online, so we can interject and manipulate the conversations in the favour of our brands (This is common marketing practice).

We also ensure that anything that is said not in favour and get some of those reviews deleted.

Somebody from Chanel will probably flag my review and have it removed ;-)

21 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No