July 29, 2014 | 2013 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Gris Montaigne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Okay, Now I am lazy with painting my nails. I have done it, practiced, watched tutorials. My nail color tastes are probably unusual and bland to most people.

I love greys. Often, what is in the bottle doesn't apply as opaquely as I would like. Three or four coats later I can reach the color I want, and then with that many layers the nail polish doesn't stand a chance of even lasting a day on my nails.

This is the most I have EVER spent on a SINGLE nail polish in my life, but I really wanted to see if the color worked with my skin tone. I have been really interested in wearing a grey nail polish for a while, but couldn't find one that worked either in opacity or tone.

This is the IT grey nail polish for me. I love the color. I think it works amazingly with my skin tone. I love the application brush. I really, truly do. That is probably the best brush I have even used.

Now if it was only under ten dollars. Or hell, even fifteen... $25ish after tax... is just astounding... It left me speechless. I will definitely search for dupes and other websites for my next purchase.

::edit:: 11/25/2012

I love this color way more than I should. Seriously. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an idiot when it comes to nail polish application and this brush really helped me out. I love this color as much as I love OPI's 'You don't know Jacques"...they are those earthy colors with an undertone of purple or blue. This has been compared to OPI recycled but they are not the same color on. I won't repurchase because I've never used a whole nail polish bottle in my life, however I think it is worth buying if you can afford it. Looks great with bright color wardrobe OR blacks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lindabelinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a medium gray shade. It is an easy way to start of you want to use shades different from the light pink and classic red, but are put off by very dramatic purples, greens, and black nails. I like the shade a lot and find it easy to wear. It stays put quite long (with a top coat). I liked the brush and found the nail polish easy to apply (basically i need 1 swipe to cover my nail). 2 coats give a great cover, but 1 coat can also work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this colour because it's so unusual but I wouldn't purchase it again because I don't think the cost justifies the uniqueness. This is the first Dior product I've purchased so I can't compare but I can say the quality seems on par with OPI.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish reminds me very much of China Glaze Recycle. Gris Montaigne looks light-ish gray in the bottle, but on the nails it has a definite dark blue cast that looks purple or even green in different light. This polish comes with the new Dior flat brush applicator, which I found difficult to use at first; however, I adapted quickly. But the short applicator combined with the flat brush made the polish difficult to apply--you're pretty much obscuring your line of vision to your nails with your hand, and I also found that the flat applicator left bubbles in the finish, which I never get with other polishes. (And it really matters with this shade.) This polish is a conversation starter, so if you use it, be prepared! Overall, though, I'm disappointed with the shade and the applicator and would not repurchase.