October 22, 2014 | 1233 users online

Powder - Collection 2000 - Sheer Loose Powder - Translucent

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by katieking94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would go as far as to describe this as an essential. Super cheap (£2.99 from Boots). I do notice that after a few hours my skin has a tendency to look a bit darker than I had intended, but not sure if I can attribute that to this product or my foundation/the lighting in my house. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I use this everyday to set my foundation and concealer! It is cheap and doesn't make my face orange! Most powders, even if they claim to be "translucent" or "sheer" end up being patchy or orange on me! This doesn't!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I probably wouldn't buy this again, I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer at boots. I don't use a lot of the powder as my skin is mainly dry I get abit of oil in the t-zone area so I lightly dust it there, at first it takes away the shine but it doesn't last me the whole day maybe a few hours at the most so I did carry it around with me which I suppose isn't a big deal I've done this before with powders but this powder is messy! Maybe it's just me but when I take the lid off it seems to go everywhere I got rid off the applicator it came with because that just added to this, every time I moved it to get to the product I was a mess, and also i think if this was used there would be far to much product! overall I think I'll be going back to my pressed compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by susan75

This stuff was super cheap so I thought I would take a chance on it. It is actually pretty good. I didn't notice some of the problems others reported about it making your foundation darker, so I'm not sure what that's about. It does look kind of orange in the package, but it's not like that when you put it on. It did help keep my makeup in place and it's also pretty good at reducing shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by floralgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I needed an affordable powder to set my foundation. Initially, I was extremely impressed. However, only 20-30 minutes after application I found that the colour had turned much darker, with a very orange tinge to it. The powder had also gone very patchy and clumped in certain places (with no reason to as I have no dry patches). I won't be buying again despite the small price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic! Dirt cheap (about £4), takes away shine and oil, last mosts of the day. Why spend over £20 for a product that is probably the exact same?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have recently rediscovered this product after not using it for a couple of years, and have found myself loving it all over again! I have gone through a phase of thinking that the more expensive the powder, the better it should be, but I couldn't be more wrong. I have had both the pressed and loose powder Collection 2000 and love them both. Not only do they work really well and last all day, they are really cheap, and I like how light they are, as my skin is very pale and it helps to lighten foundation if it gets a bit orange looking. Definitely a must have in the make up bag and think I shall be sticking to this one in the future, because its cheap and does what you want it to. Well worth a recommend and re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by asweetgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good powder! I have bought numerous powders in the past from a range of brands and bascially spent a fair amount on powders, so this time i opted for a cheaper version.

Collection 2000 have done very well with this product. It applies well to my sensitive skin, you only need a tiny amount. Good coverage, stops any shiny t-zone.

The cons are the packaging, the loose powder does fall out of the box a bit.

Generally 4/5 rating! So defo purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by wongo2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very good translucent powder. It mattifies my face very nicely and keeps my makeup on throughout the day. It is quite cheap as well which is a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I was using Laura Merciers translucent pressed powder, which I paid about £24 for just 8g of product. was using for just a month when I hit the pan at the bottom!! Scandalous, for the price! The powder was very softly milled but that's no excuse!

Anyways, I have some of that left but decided it was too expensive for every day use so on the recommendation of a friend I bought this. £2.99 for 20g of loose powder. For the price it's worth a try, non? Anyhow, this is actually HG status for me. I had no issues with the jar, am quite happy with the container. I tip a small amount of powder into the lid, dab my powder brush in, tap of excess then swirl over my foundation, and buff it in. I find it gives my makeup a more set, pristine look which I love. I also love that it has mica in as I love the subtle hint of a glow! I find I dong get as oily in the day, and my makeup still looks great after 8hours!

I will be repurchasing over and over. Bargainous and much more preferable to the more HE translucent powders!