Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder - Translucent

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I was very excited to use this product but unfortunately the sieve on top is nearly impossible to remove and therefore the powder is inaccessible.

I used my fingers and my tweezers and eventually resorted to using my teeth to remove the sieve.

It has a strong scent, just like other Collection face powders.

The product overall is okay, but the packaging is a huge let down.

I have been using this powder for about 3 weeks now. I brought it in a whim as I needed a powdered. So instead of sticking to my trustee pressed powder I decided to go for this cheap one. The cons of this are the packaging but you get what you pay for in terms of the packaging. It comes with a powder puff sponge but I use a powder brush to apply it. It sits very light on the skin. It doesn't look powdery. It has a strong fragrance to it so keep that in mind. It's translucent so your not going to get an ashy / orange over cast on your skin. Lasting power is pretty good. I seem to only need to touch it up once or twice a day. It is more of a setting powder as it doesn't seem to have a lot of coverage but is brilliant to control shine throughout the day. The only fault with this is the packaging as it feels a little cheap and it's easy for the product to seep it's way out of the container. I rate this a 7/10 and I will repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is the first powder I've used and I thought that since it is extremly well priced that it would be a bit cakey and dry my face out, but I was so wrong! The Collection sheer loose powder give your face a matte flawless finish and keeps your foundation in-tact for a good 3-4 hours. I normally wear it just with my concealer (I've done a review on it) but I sometimes just wear it by itself. It is as it says on the tub, translucent! Some people have been telling me that their powder isn't translucent and either makes the look orange or like a ghost, but in this powders case, that dosen't occur at all!
I would certainly re-purchase and I have already forced one of my friends into buying it and she is as in love with this product as I am! The only fault I could possibly give this product would be that it dosen't last as long as I would have hoped but that's ok as I'm not normally out for very long so it dosen't bother me, but if you are lookin for a longer lasting powder I would look somewhere else.
Hope this helps!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A good product at an excellent price. I have dark skin and it has been a nightmare trying to find powders (including other so-called translucent ones) that didn't make me look ashy/chalky. This is a true translucent powder. It didn't even distort the colour of my foundation, nor did it give a cakey effect. It's really easy to blend in and gives a sheer but matte finish.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't last an especially long time so you may need to reapply every few hours. However, this is not a huge problem because it is translucent and it blends in really well. Sometimes I reapply on the go without a mirror because I'm just so confident that it has blended in perfectly.

The packaging is good. It's a loose powder so there's a handy sifter in the pot that makes it easy to dispense the right amount of powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would go as far as to describe this as an essential. Super cheap (£2.99 from Boots). I do notice that after a few hours my skin has a tendency to look a bit darker than I had intended, but not sure if I can attribute that to this product or my foundation/the lighting in my house. Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this everyday to set my foundation and concealer! It is cheap and doesn't make my face orange! Most powders, even if they claim to be "translucent" or "sheer" end up being patchy or orange on me! This doesn't!

I probably wouldn't buy this again, I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer at boots. I don't use a lot of the powder as my skin is mainly dry I get abit of oil in the t-zone area so I lightly dust it there, at first it takes away the shine but it doesn't last me the whole day maybe a few hours at the most so I did carry it around with me which I suppose isn't a big deal I've done this before with powders but this powder is messy! Maybe it's just me but when I take the lid off it seems to go everywhere I got rid off the applicator it came with because that just added to this, every time I moved it to get to the product I was a mess, and also i think if this was used there would be far to much product! overall I think I'll be going back to my pressed compact.

This stuff was super cheap so I thought I would take a chance on it. It is actually pretty good. I didn't notice some of the problems others reported about it making your foundation darker, so I'm not sure what that's about. It does look kind of orange in the package, but it's not like that when you put it on. It did help keep my makeup in place and it's also pretty good at reducing shine.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product because I needed an affordable powder to set my foundation. Initially, I was extremely impressed. However, only 20-30 minutes after application I found that the colour had turned much darker, with a very orange tinge to it. The powder had also gone very patchy and clumped in certain places (with no reason to as I have no dry patches). I won't be buying again despite the small price tag!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic! Dirt cheap (about £4), takes away shine and oil, last mosts of the day. Why spend over £20 for a product that is probably the exact same?