Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder - Translucent

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is the first powder I've used and I thought that since it is extremly well priced that it would be a bit cakey and dry my face out, but I was so wrong! The Collection sheer loose powder give your face a matte flawless finish and keeps your foundation in-tact for a good 3-4 hours. I normally wear it just with my concealer (I've done a review on it) but I sometimes just wear it by itself. It is as it says on the tub, translucent! Some people have been telling me that their powder isn't translucent and either makes the look orange or like a ghost, but in this powders case, that dosen't occur at all!
I would certainly re-purchase and I have already forced one of my friends into buying it and she is as in love with this product as I am! The only fault I could possibly give this product would be that it dosen't last as long as I would have hoped but that's ok as I'm not normally out for very long so it dosen't bother me, but if you are lookin for a longer lasting powder I would look somewhere else.
Hope this helps!

on 4/9/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A good product at an excellent price. I have dark skin and it has been a nightmare trying to find powders (including other so-called translucent ones) that didn't make me look ashy/chalky. This is a true translucent powder. It didn't even distort the colour of my foundation, nor did it give a cakey effect. It's really easy to blend in and gives a sheer but matte finish.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't last an especially long time so you may need to reapply every few hours. However, this is not a huge problem because it is translucent and it blends in really well. Sometimes I reapply on the go without a mirror because I'm just so confident that it has blended in perfectly.

The packaging is good. It's a loose powder so there's a handy sifter in the pot that makes it easy to dispense the right amount of powder.

on 4/27/2014 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would go as far as to describe this as an essential. Super cheap (£2.99 from Boots). I do notice that after a few hours my skin has a tendency to look a bit darker than I had intended, but not sure if I can attribute that to this product or my foundation/the lighting in my house. Would definitely buy again.

on 12/31/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this everyday to set my foundation and concealer! It is cheap and doesn't make my face orange! Most powders, even if they claim to be "translucent" or "sheer" end up being patchy or orange on me! This doesn't!

on 9/16/2013 3:04:00 AM

I probably wouldn't buy this again, I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer at boots. I don't use a lot of the powder as my skin is mainly dry I get abit of oil in the t-zone area so I lightly dust it there, at first it takes away the shine but it doesn't last me the whole day maybe a few hours at the most so I did carry it around with me which I suppose isn't a big deal I've done this before with powders but this powder is messy! Maybe it's just me but when I take the lid off it seems to go everywhere I got rid off the applicator it came with because that just added to this, every time I moved it to get to the product I was a mess, and also i think if this was used there would be far to much product! overall I think I'll be going back to my pressed compact.

on 8/19/2013 9:27:00 PM

This stuff was super cheap so I thought I would take a chance on it. It is actually pretty good. I didn't notice some of the problems others reported about it making your foundation darker, so I'm not sure what that's about. It does look kind of orange in the package, but it's not like that when you put it on. It did help keep my makeup in place and it's also pretty good at reducing shine.

on 3/26/2013 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product because I needed an affordable powder to set my foundation. Initially, I was extremely impressed. However, only 20-30 minutes after application I found that the colour had turned much darker, with a very orange tinge to it. The powder had also gone very patchy and clumped in certain places (with no reason to as I have no dry patches). I won't be buying again despite the small price tag!

on 7/24/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic! Dirt cheap (about £4), takes away shine and oil, last mosts of the day. Why spend over £20 for a product that is probably the exact same?

on 5/8/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have recently rediscovered this product after not using it for a couple of years, and have found myself loving it all over again! I have gone through a phase of thinking that the more expensive the powder, the better it should be, but I couldn't be more wrong. I have had both the pressed and loose powder Collection 2000 and love them both. Not only do they work really well and last all day, they are really cheap, and I like how light they are, as my skin is very pale and it helps to lighten foundation if it gets a bit orange looking. Definitely a must have in the make up bag and think I shall be sticking to this one in the future, because its cheap and does what you want it to. Well worth a recommend and re-buy.

on 4/24/2012 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very good powder! I have bought numerous powders in the past from a range of brands and bascially spent a fair amount on powders, so this time i opted for a cheaper version.

Collection 2000 have done very well with this product. It applies well to my sensitive skin, you only need a tiny amount. Good coverage, stops any shiny t-zone.

The cons are the packaging, the loose powder does fall out of the box a bit.

Generally 4/5 rating! So defo purchase again