April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Shampoo - Kevin Murphy - Hydrate Me Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product so much. Actually, I do love it that is why I'm heartbroken to find out that it is the reason my scalp has been itching. I thought it had something to do with the poo, but I was just afraid to admit it. Once I switched back to Pueology, the itchies went away. I love everything about this shampoo too, that is why I'm totally bummed. I will probably still use what I have left of course just not every day. I wish I could use it all of the time because it made my hair so silky soft and manageable even before I put any conditioner in. A small amount goes a long way. It smells amazing! I love the bottle.

Oh well, it looks like some of us are just allergic to something in it. I might check the ingreditents list on a different poo in the line and see if I can switch out to something like the Angel poo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long highlighted blond hair. It's chronically dry. I have dry skin as well so it's not a chemically damaged situation, just dry. I've used every top end hair care line and even hydrating shampoos felt like they were stripping my hair. I had to use gobs of thick conditioner to get my hands through it after rinsing. With hydrate. Me. my hair feels nourished before getting near the hydrate.me. rinse that closes the cuticle. It's the most impressive shampoo I've ever used. It's a pretty decent value as well because although you only get 250ml of product for around $28 CAD, only a dime size amount of product is needed. The amount of lather is ridiculous. I have had my bottle for around 5 months and still have at least 1/4 left using it 2-3 times a week. This shampoo and the accompanying rinse are amazing. It will absolutely transform your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Aliceburge88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. Name says it all. Just a little expensive. I find the redken extreme range much better value

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I had two problems with this shampoo. First, it was just mediocre. I did not get anything I don't get from my AG Colour Savour or my L'Anza Healing Moisture. Well, that is a lie, I did get one thing from KM that I didn't get from the others...an allergic reaction. Nothing too major, but a super itchy head. When I returned it to the salon for this reason, the receptionist said I am not alone. Even the salon owner can not be too close to the stuff when they are doing practice sessions with these products because of reactions. So, here in lies the end of my KM obsession. Lemmings killed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

For this price, the shampoo should really wow. This did not. I was so excited to try this too, because my first KM product was the blonde.angel treatment and I really liked it (especially the smell). This doesnt have an awesome herb/natural oils fragrance like the blonde.angel treatment. It doesnt smell bad by any means, but Im hard pressed to describe what it does smell like. Kind of earthy-fruity. I was surprised at how well it cleaned my hair. For a heavy moisturizing shampoo, it definitely was too heavy handed in the cleansing department. Sometimes my hair is so damaged and frail, it can handle only the slightest amount of cleaning, which is really where I feel this shampoo should be. I used it with the corresponding conditioner, and Im not sure which is to blamr, but my hair definitely ended up with a weird heavy feeling on top and a kind of stiffness. It made drying my hair difficult, and after just 3 uses, I had lost a very significant amount of hair. My hair had a tough, inflexible feel, and would not brush, dry, or style properly. I am very disappointed with this product. Because I liked the blonde.angel treatment so much though, I am still tempted to try the blond.angel wash and rinse or the luxury wash and rinse. Maybe my hair will like one of those better. Although it is an expensive gamble.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how this stuff does it but this shampoo somehow cleans my hair without stripping, soften and moisturize without weighing it down, and somehow detangles my locks without the need of conditioner. it smells good, not great, to me at least and has sleek, unique packaging. I love using this stuff. it's been my favorite shampoo I've used and can see using this and recommending this for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by jenwrite

Excellent, hydrating shampoo that masks fried hair ends. Hair appears thicker without being weighed down. I have fine hair but preferred this to the Angel Wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

It is exactly what it claims: hydrating. If your hair is in need of serious TLC then this is your shampoo. However, if you have long hair and your ends are fried despite getting copious hair cuts (such as myself) then you probably want to stay away from this. The smell is a different kind of scent and quite frankly it's something you'll have to smell for yourself but I do find it pleasant. It's thick and you don't need too much to lather. You get a standard 8 ounces but if you wash your hair every day or every other day because you work out like I do, this is far from budget friendly and not the most cleansing shampoo. Even when I took a few weeks off from working out I find that it significantly weighs down my roots even after just blow drying it and almost makes them looking oily (and no, I am not applying conditioner or any other products at or near my roots, thank you very much.) This is not the shampoo for me but it is a great shampoo if you need some serious hydrating. I absolutely love the conditioner. I will gladly repurchase that because I don't even need a deep conditioner after using that sucker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ouch! Happy hair, miserable scalp. This made my hair shiny, moisturized and smooth- amazing! But after one use the itchiness started and after two, I had a rash on my scalp. Too bad! I love the conditioner, though, and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

HG. I use this in winter for extra moisture, and switch to the Angel wash in warmer weather. My hair has never looked or felt better. And it's gorgeous smelling, with the best ingredients and none of the baddies. You only need a tiny amount, so while it's expensive, the bottle lasts a really long time. Thank you Kevin Murphy.