Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Shampoo

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, PEG-2 Cocamide, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycol Distearate, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Esters, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Silicone Quaternium-18, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Quaternium-95, Aminomethyl Propanol, Propanediol, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 5/2/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It dried out both me and my sons hair badly. It might be sulfate free, but the ingredient list is one of the longest I have seen, and It's full of bad stuff. The scent is also to strong for my opinion. I now use the rest of the bottle to clean the Cat-trey. It does a good job of cleaning that.

on 2/18/2015 3:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This shampoo and I have a love/hate relationship. It is definitely hydrating (as it should be) BUT it is too heavy on my roots. I am pretty disappointed because I had high hopes for it but it's just not right for me. My hair is quite dry but my roots tend to get a little oily after a couple of days, when it comes time to wash my hair again... but after using this shampoo my roots feel heavy and oily straight away and leaves me wondering why I bothered to wash my hair at all! I think it would be a great product for someone with really thin dry hair. Noting the price of it I think I will just have to stick it out and use it all before I go and buy another shampoo. I think I will stay with the Kevin Murphy range but will probably go with the Young Again Wash instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I have to edit my initial review on this product after using it for a few months. I started to wonder if my scalp itching was not due to the shampoo but something else. I still don't know, but what I do know is that after using the shampoo for about 3 weeks to a month, my scalp no longer itched. So either it was not caused by the shampoo, or my scalp had to acclimate to it. This sometimes happens to certain people when they switch products. Anyway, I loved this product from the beginning aside from the itching and now that it doesn't make my head itch anymore I love it even more. I have already bought it 2 more times.

It smells amazing to me. Like roses and oranges. I don't find the fragrance too overwhelming though. Not perfumelike.

It really makes my hair feel clean yet very very soft and moisturized. I feel as if I could use the poo without the conditioner (sometimes- I love my conditioner).

It is a creamy texture- not runny and not too thick either, and it has a nice lather, which isn't very common for the natural/sulfate/paraben free shampoos. I don't have to use very much either, it lasts forever.

Lastly, I am a sucker for cool packaging, and it needs to be functional, meaning I want to get every last drop out of the bottle. The bottles are very sleek and stylish and unique and the way they are designed, you will get all of the product out because the cap is at the bottom so it doesn't get stuck in there. Gravity does all the of the work.

I have been telling everyone about this 'poo and I recommend everyone try it. Just make sure you get the right one for your hair type.

on 1/28/2014 11:13:00 PM

I have long highlighted blond hair. It's chronically dry. I have dry skin as well so it's not a chemically damaged situation, just dry. I've used every top end hair care line and even hydrating shampoos felt like they were stripping my hair. I had to use gobs of thick conditioner to get my hands through it after rinsing. With hydrate. Me. my hair feels nourished before getting near the hydrate.me. rinse that closes the cuticle. It's the most impressive shampoo I've ever used. It's a pretty decent value as well because although you only get 250ml of product for around $28 CAD, only a dime size amount of product is needed. The amount of lather is ridiculous. I have had my bottle for around 5 months and still have at least 1/4 left using it 2-3 times a week. This shampoo and the accompanying rinse are amazing. It will absolutely transform your hair.

on 1/20/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. Name says it all. Just a little expensive. I find the redken extreme range much better value

on 12/7/2013 7:10:00 AM

I had two problems with this shampoo. First, it was just mediocre. I did not get anything I don't get from my AG Colour Savour or my L'Anza Healing Moisture. Well, that is a lie, I did get one thing from KM that I didn't get from the others...an allergic reaction. Nothing too major, but a super itchy head. When I returned it to the salon for this reason, the receptionist said I am not alone. Even the salon owner can not be too close to the stuff when they are doing practice sessions with these products because of reactions. So, here in lies the end of my KM obsession. Lemmings killed.

on 12/5/2013 3:48:00 PM

For this price, the shampoo should really wow. This did not. I was so excited to try this too, because my first KM product was the blonde.angel treatment and I really liked it (especially the smell). This doesnt have an awesome herb/natural oils fragrance like the blonde.angel treatment. It doesnt smell bad by any means, but Im hard pressed to describe what it does smell like. Kind of earthy-fruity. I was surprised at how well it cleaned my hair. For a heavy moisturizing shampoo, it definitely was too heavy handed in the cleansing department. Sometimes my hair is so damaged and frail, it can handle only the slightest amount of cleaning, which is really where I feel this shampoo should be. I used it with the corresponding conditioner, and Im not sure which is to blamr, but my hair definitely ended up with a weird heavy feeling on top and a kind of stiffness. It made drying my hair difficult, and after just 3 uses, I had lost a very significant amount of hair. My hair had a tough, inflexible feel, and would not brush, dry, or style properly. I am very disappointed with this product. Because I liked the blonde.angel treatment so much though, I am still tempted to try the blond.angel wash and rinse or the luxury wash and rinse. Maybe my hair will like one of those better. Although it is an expensive gamble.

on 4/28/2013 5:52:00 AM

I don't know how this stuff does it but this shampoo somehow cleans my hair without stripping, soften and moisturize without weighing it down, and somehow detangles my locks without the need of conditioner. it smells good, not great, to me at least and has sleek, unique packaging. I love using this stuff. it's been my favorite shampoo I've used and can see using this and recommending this for a long time.

on 3/22/2013 8:19:00 AM

Excellent, hydrating shampoo that masks fried hair ends. Hair appears thicker without being weighed down. I have fine hair but preferred this to the Angel Wash.

It is exactly what it claims: hydrating. If your hair is in need of serious TLC then this is your shampoo. However, if you have long hair and your ends are fried despite getting copious hair cuts (such as myself) then you probably want to stay away from this. The smell is a different kind of scent and quite frankly it's something you'll have to smell for yourself but I do find it pleasant. It's thick and you don't need too much to lather. You get a standard 8 ounces but if you wash your hair every day or every other day because you work out like I do, this is far from budget friendly and not the most cleansing shampoo. Even when I took a few weeks off from working out I find that it significantly weighs down my roots even after just blow drying it and almost makes them looking oily (and no, I am not applying conditioner or any other products at or near my roots, thank you very much.) This is not the shampoo for me but it is a great shampoo if you need some serious hydrating. I absolutely love the conditioner. I will gladly repurchase that because I don't even need a deep conditioner after using that sucker.