October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Pressed Powders - LORAC - Evening Out Complexion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand why Evening Out was discontinued. This was a foundation powder + two different shades of concealer all in one convenient compact. Sure, the packaging was a bit bulky, but that's only because it contained both the powder and concealers, not to mention the powder puff and the mini brush for the concealers. I was very disappointed when this powder was discontinued because I always thought the quality of the powder was excellent (satiny, smooth, and natural-looking) and I was never able to find a suitable replacement for it. Plus, it was oil-free, fragrance-free, and didn't cause me breakouts. I ended up buying Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder as a replacement, but I still prefer the texture and finish of Evening Out because the Laura Mercier powder can get chalky if I apply more than one layer. Evening Out never got chalky on me and looked natural even after I applied a few layers. Luckily, I was able to find this online, so I stocked up. I have it in Light, which is the perfect shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by songy67

This is an extremely convenient, practical, and effective complexion-perfecting kit. I love it so much I purchased a backup online, and I am baffled as to why they discontinued this product.

The packaging is a sleek reflective gunmetal grey and houses the powder foundation, a separate compartment for a square powder puff and tiny brush, and lower pull-out compartment with two concealers in a split-pan.

I'm an NC20 and have it in Light, which is slightly too light for me, but because the powder is so silky and smooth it blends seamlessly into my skin and still works. The powder foundation has a nearly creamy consistency. It smooths over my pores and zaps shine without looking cakey.

The concealers are very creamy and easy to work with. There is a peachier shade which I use on my dark circles as a corrector, and more yellow shade that cancels out any leftover darkness and also works to hide the redness of any blemishes and acne scars. Both blend beautifully and last really well with the powder to set it.

This kit doesn't break me out either. I've resorted to keeping it in my makeup bag for school, and it's a must-have for whenever I'm traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at hautelook.com for only $10.00 and it retails for $38.00, so I got a really good deal. For makeup junkies like me, this is a great product for on the go making up. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a great on-the-go product to conceal and cover. However, for everyday, I would say it's not really practical. It has two great colors of concealer and a sheer to medium coverage powder. So it's good for touching up, and it's a great package. It's a beautiful sleek container. I would have paid full price for this because I have just powder compacts that I paid over $30 for!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jennialong

I bought this from Hautelook a few weeks ago because I am always looking for a good concealer. I love the packaging and the sleekness of it, but the concealers are very sheer. I got this in light to use for my dark circles. They are creamy and blendable, but not a lot of coverage. The powder is too light to use all over unless I use it with a bronzer to even it out. But it does work great to set my concealer to brighten under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

This product gets 4 stars because the concealers it comes with really kind of suck. I ordered it online (through Hautelook) and the concealers reminded me of the Sonia Kashuk concealer palette from Target and that's my favorite concealer. It is nothing like the SK palette, it's so thin that it provides very little coverage and it's more drying than the SK palettes so it's hard to layer too much. So the concealers are a dud. The powder foundation that comes with it though...omg...amazing. To the touch it feels so incredibly smooth and silky and soft and it applies that way to your skin. I don't wear foundation all over my face, only around my mouth area to cover up some slight pigmentation and around my eyes to help my concealer out a bit. As such, I also don't use this powder all over my face and only in these areas (and my forehead just in case I get oily). This is absolutely amazing over my undereye concealer. The coverage I get from this is phenomenal. I have genetic undereye circles that are very difficult to cover up. I have never found a concealer to completely cover my undereye circles before and a problem I have run into with many concealers is that it makes the areas under my eyes a little too light which accentuates the difference between my skin and the color of the dark circle. A shade up in concealers would be too dark for my skin so I just try to use minimal amounts of product to cover up my dark circle. Well, enter the Lorac powder foundation. I get some of the powder onto a fluffy highlight brush, very gently press it into my undereye and then lift up and using as little pressure as I can, sweep it under my eye. Be gentle here because if you press even slightly too hard you'll risk rubbing off the concealer. I usually even finish my concealer and do the rest of my face before applying the powder just to let it set. Oh the difference this makes. I got it in Medium which is perfect for my skin tone and it completely evens everything out and makes my undereye match the rest of my face. There's no caking and you cannot tell there's any powder there at all. Just that satiny smooth finish you can feel by touching the foundation itself. I cannot recommend this product enough for someone looking for a good setting powder or powder foundation. This does not cake, does not look heavy and does not look powdery. Granted I've never tried using this as a powder foundation and like any powder foundation I wouldn't recommend piling this on but if you need some extra coverage + a setting powder over a liquid foundation, give this a shot. If you're choosing between Light and Medium (as I was), I'd say that unless you're incredibly pale, go with Medium. I was actually afraid medium would even be too light for me as it looks incredibly light in the container but it matches my skin perfectly. Also, if you're incredibly pink toned (as I am not), this might be too yellow for you but I don't know for sure but just something to think about. I've already hit pan on this and I have never finished a product in my life, lol. I will definitely buy this again and again and again when I run out and that's also not something I usually do with products either. This is HG stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I was really excited to get this compact. It was exactly what i needed for touch ups on-the-go. A pressed powder, a separate compartment for a luxe powder puff and well made concealer brush, and two concealers. (i hate compacts that you have to put your greasy puff on top of the powder, the oils ruin my powder).

POWDER:
I got the medium kit, which is quite light for my NC30 skin so "medium" might be a bit of a misnomer here. It matches best in winter when i'm b/w NC25 and NC30. The powder itself is finely milled, but its slightly on the powdery side on my face. Doesn't meld into my skin the way Maybelline Dream Matte powder does.

CONCEALER:
You get two concealers. One yellow based, one pink based. I use the pink one under my eyes, an the yellow one for blemishes. The formula is quite sheer. If you apply it, wait a minute, you'll see that it fades into your skin even without blending. Blends well. Doesn't last long on my oil skin. 2-4hrs tops.

APPLICATORS:
Love the little applicators. The velour puff is soft and durable and has a little finger loop to grasp the puff. The concealer brush is pointed so you can apply to blemishes with precision. I will definitely be keeping the concealer brush for traveling.

DURABILITY:
This is where this kit disappoints. I bought this for convenient touch ups, but its too bulky to fit into evening clutches. It will still fit but its a pain. The lid covering the powder is just a thin mirror. All the bulk is for the compartment holding the applicators. So my powder cracked :( Very sad. It didn't ruin my powder completely, but I can't keep this compact in my purse anymore.

SUMMARY:
I will most likely use this complexion kit until its gone, but I wouldn't purchase it again. I need something more durable, less powdery looking, with a concealer more long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

was visiting friends and went to sephora (rare as none by me), out of powder so I thought I'd give this a try as it felt really lovely to the touch. I purchased the medium and, as usual I am not light but medium looks a bit to dark. At any rate this is a lovely kit. 2 concealors and the powder in a beautiful dark mirror like finish kit which fits easily into your purse. It comes with an applicator for the powder and a brush for concealors, which are nice and creamy. I apply with a powder brush I have on hand, just a few swirls and I'm good to go. I mix a bit of both concealors and dab on any red spots with a small brush before applying powder. The powder feels very nice on my dry skin and doesn't hang up in any fine lines. Would definately repurchase, hopefully by wintertime the light color will be a good match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty awesome kit and the color TAN matched perfectly on my NC40 skintone. This color has strong yellow undertones which is the exact shade as my skin. Its hard to find any powder for my olivey tan color. I also own LORAC wet dry powder in WD3 and this powder is yellower than that! so if you have strong yellow undertones, this kit is for you.
This kit contains powder on top, and two tan colored concealers on the bottom. in one other compartment, it contains a powder buff and concealer brush. The concealers are so so, because I already use my HG concealer from Bye bye under eye by IT cosmetics . I then dusted this powder over to set the concealer, and let me tell you, no creases or migrating into my wrinkles. I used a powder brush instead of the sponge. Powders usually settles into my lines but this powder is very suedy. I got this at ulta for $38 and so many ladies just walk past this line and went straight to tarte, urban decay, BE, but this line is totally under dog of makeup world. This means that this is always in stock for me! :)

EDIT: Im not sure if LORAC is out the door in beauty industry but it is no longer being sold at QVC, barely has any presence at Ulta and Sephora just only in select stores. Their website is clearancing out products either makes me question their presence. So I truly hope they never discontinue this.