Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 4/28/2015 8:51:00 AM

Got this foundation on a whim because I was starting to run out of my Chanel Lumiere Velvet, I have very sensitive skin that is very easily broken out, and this foundation works wonders! my skin has vastly improved over only 3 days of using it! The coverage is very buildable and covers my acne scars, freckles and blackheads like no other foundation I've tried! I'm so happy I got this foundation and since buying it I haven't touched my Chanel! think it may even be my HG foundation. The packaging is also very light, small & easy to carry about the pump is also very handy at making sure you get full use of all the product and shows exactly how much you have left. Highly recommend.

on 4/27/2015 9:53:00 AM

Overall, I love this foundation! It applies really well with a beauty blender or stippling brush. I find that it covers my acne scars and blemishes really well and it's very buildable so when I'm in a rush and don't have time for concealer I just apply an extra layer on my blemishes and it covers them really nicely! The packaging is great as it's a pump and also shows you how much you have left, unlike a lot of DS foundations. The price was about 17 euro which is a bit pricey for a drugstore product but it is worth it! I use calico as I have very pale skin and it is a tiny bit too dark for my skin, but once I bring it down to my neck it looks fine. It does look a bit oily in my t-zone area after about 4/5 hours and it goes a bit chalky around my dry areas so I use a lot of moisturizer and primer before I apply the foundation and set it with only a little bit of powder, otherwise it gets a little cakey looking I would definitely buy this again, it's great coverage, doesn't break me out and applies really well

I first bought this product last year and was matched as cool vanilla. At first I thought this matched my skin fine but after a while I thought it started to look orange (I guessed it was because the tan from my holiday had faded) but when I got it retested my shade came up the same. The next time I went to buy foundation I took a sample of the next shade down (calico) and tried it at home and that one clearly blended much better so I'm confused why my skin showed up as cool vanilla when it definitely wasn't! Anyway I think this product gave a good coverage which lasted all day but it did tend to look a bit chalky/cakey especially over my nose and around my hairline and did tend to look dry. I didn't notice any scent and I couldn't feel the product on my skin. It's possible to build up this foundation but I wouldn't recommend it except to conceal redness because it can look very obvious. Not the most natural looking foundation but I'd definitely buy again.

on 3/27/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The BEST foundation for oily skin without a doubt. It has good coverage and lasts a good while. If it's hot I may have to powder throughout the day but that's nothing compared to if I was wearing another foundation.

on 3/26/2015 12:38:00 PM

Love this foundation! Good coverage, great staying power, great colour range ooh how I love the colour range! I'm so pale and every foundation I try is far too bloomin orange! Calico is my HG colour foundation! I wear this daily and never fault it. I have combination skin and it is great in the normal areas, dry areas and oily areas of my face. Love this stuff definitely recommend and have repurchased this twice before as I just love it! I'm so picky with foundation but this one is a winner for me :) I put is on with fingers when i'm in a hurry and it blends so beautifully, I've also applied with a foundation brush and beauty blender which works aswell i'm just usually in a rush haha x

I use this with either my Mac prep + prime or my rimmel primer all over and it is great. I must advise you get the true match colour test at Boots before buying though to get the perfect colour for your skin :) you can also get a little advice card on lippy shades that best suit your skin colour which I think is helpful & cute x

on 2/22/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely fab foundation. I'm a little promiscuous when it comes to foundations and never really stick with one brand - I've tried Mac, Chanel, Dior the lot! I really suffer with oily skin and breakouts and this foundation is my holy grail! Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, doesn't cause breakouts and it stays matte and controls oil for much longer than most foundations. Mac studio fix probably lasts longer but causes such bad breakouts I daren't use it! Perfect alternative to Mac and probably a better shade for my yellow-toned skin too!

on 2/10/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had read good reviews about this foundation and having very oily skin I thought I would give it a go. I hated almost everything about this product which is a shame as I was really excited to try it. The only good point for me was that it did control oil more than any other foundation I have tried. Now for the bad points, the shades are terrible there is very little choice, the formula is really quite thick and hard to blend resulting in a powdery chalky finish. This product highlighted all my bumps and although I do not have dry skin it looked drying in places. I'm overall really disappointed with this product as I had high hopes for it.

on 1/22/2015 6:28:00 PM

good coverage but can look a bit chalky. would buy again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I needed a new foundation that had very good coverage and stayed matte throughout the day. After reading the reviews I decided to give this foundation a go. No7 matched me up so the colour was spot on. I love this product a year later! The coverage is thick but dosnt make you look like you have a lot of foundation on and also has the added benefit of a dewy satin finish. My skin always looks flawless after applying this despite if there is a spot or few under the foundation. It covers acne scarring,spots,darkness around your eyes everything! I'd say anyone can use this product, my mum also has a bottle so you don't need oily skin for it! I found a flat top foundation brush applied it best. Price is great even better with the £3 voucher boots are giving away at the moment.

on 12/26/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is just simply wonderful. This foundation lasts all day, I put it on at 6:30 am and when I came home from school at 7:00 pm, it was still on my face! I will repurchase this until I find a better one (Which probably won't happen).