July 28, 2014 | 984 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Kelbrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looking for a L'Oreal Mattique dupe? I have been for years. I'm Early 40's, OILY skin, and I can't stand silicone in my foundations- which is what all of the "new matte" in foundations contain. Silicone just causes slip, and separates terribly on me. Anyway, use a light hand, with a sponge, and this is beautifully even, light-to-medium, build-able coverage. As close to Mattique, although thicker in texture, that I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by mkjersee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Matte Foundation, for the humid weather , and oily skin. No shine and covers great!
Lasts all day , with a great price to BOOT!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this foundation, but unfortunately there is nothing matte about it.
I have oily/combination skin, NW15, and Calico matches me pretty well, albeit it gives me a bit of a grey cast.
I love the texture of this foundation, it's so easy to spread and blend. But it's never matte on me, it gives me a glowy finish right after application (and because I've had oily skin all my life, the last thing I want is glow!), and I look oily within the hour, even if I set it with powder.
It does last and covers very well, I'd say the coverage is medium-high, but other than that, it's just meh. I suppose it would be much better for someone with normal, even slightly dry skin.
It's not a bad foundation by any means, but it definitely doesn't suit my type of skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MikiBee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin.. even at my age mid 40s. I have yet to find a foundation that truly keeps me shine free for more than a couple of hours, and this foundation is no exception.

It goes on easily, and a little goes a long way. Has a yucky smell to it, reminds me of a stinky vacuum if you have dogs. Thankfully the smell doesn't linger. It blends well and if needed, builds well. However after a couple of hours I'm super shiny. And I do notice that the make up accentuates the fine lines I have around my laugh lines, even with primer.

I do like it though.. and will continue to buy it, as it's the only matte/long lasting foundation I have found that doesn't rub off the high spots, and it doesn't look cakey at all like foundations like Revlon Color Stay does to me.

I'll use it until I find something better or until my skin dries up, hopefully someday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by djunk1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about a week now, and so far I'm loving it.

I'm a NC37 and I purchased this in the shade "deeply beige" which seems to be a near-perfect match! I was using Revlon's whipped before this but decided to move on and find a new foundation which I didn't have to manipulate to suit more of my yellow undertone.

I apply with SK's synthetic flat top brush and achieve medium-full coverage. What I love about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize at all, it hasn't broken me out, and it does keep my skin matte for several hours (I always set with powder, though). It doesn't settle into pores or lines and I find the powders that I layer on top of it (setting, contouring, blush) to blend into it very well. I don't find this to slip off my face at the end of a long day... it actually still looks pretty fresh and even a bit more natural. It lasts!!

I love the fact that this has a pump that is super easy to control... Really nice packaging. I was getting too used to dipping my fingers into Revlon's whipped foundation jar (eek, I know!).

Happy that got around to trying this foundation. Will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mojobabe333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation can be quite pricey but if you warch at target sometimes it goes on sale. the best foundation to help make you feel like you have covered all the flaws on your face :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ldyveex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

didnt last on face broke forehead out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Juliarussothegreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've written a review on this product before. I can't believe how much I love this product. I want anyone and everyone to at least try this foundation because it's not very well known or marketed. This is single-handedly the best foundation I've ever bought! Great in every way, honestly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it.

Pros:
--LASTS
--price
--a pump

Cons:
--hard to see how much is left in the bottle. I wish it was in a squeeze tube, instead. You can always cut the bottom of those to scoop out the rest.
--color choice. I'm a pale NEUTRAL. The lightest shade fits me perfectly.

This is no exaggeration: my foundation was still in place from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. I used ELF's white primer. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by KayleighPhotography

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting a new foundation for a while as the current one I had was doing my skin type no good. I have Oily and Dry skin, which is a horrible combination, so finding the right foundation has proven difficult. However, if you are prone to this skin type also then follow in my footsteps as it may suit you just fine.

No 7 counters in Boots stores today offer a colour match service which provides you the exact skin tone you need to search for when rummaging through their make-up products. It is an exciting process, I tell you. Firstly I explained to the woman my skin issues which she then advised which product she would test on me. This was No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation at £12.95. Slightly steep, but with the constant offers they seem to provide I managed to bag it for £10 and it lasts at least 4 months.

Firstly they wipe off any make-up and then test the skin tone with a remote thing they have. Mine turned out to be 'Calico' which is the lightest they provide. She then re-did my make-up for me with the product she was advising and the results were great! She used minimal amount and blending with a foundation brush. Using a sponge or fingers is fine also. Using a small amount still covers blemishes but also stops my skin from becoming oily!

I highly recommend.