September 19, 2014 | 1570 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Moisture SPF30

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by missyrissycrawford

I first wanted to try this bb cream because I've heard Korean bb cream are significantly better than any bb creams you can find in North America .
Pros
-made skin less oily
-cured acne significantly
-no smell
-smooth
-conceals redness
-conceals small blemishes

cons
-not a good colour selection
-too dewy
-too light
-makes completion green
-looks like I'm wearing a lot of makeup
-makes me look like I'm sick

the only reason I couldn't give this product 5/5 is because of the colour . it was far too light on my skin . on my makeup sponge it looked perfect , but once blended it was very apparent i was wearing makeup & it looked 3 shades too light . the Dewiness of the bb cream made me look flushed & a little green . on the third day of wearing it , a friend asked if I was sick . I would recommend this for someone with very fair skin & little to no colour

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by fanofthe30s

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the blue tube of this brand. I absolutely love it. I have very oily skin (still, at 69!) and find this holds back the oil best. Use sparingly...it covers very well. It has sebum controlling powder in it. Underneath , I use Mizon Pore Tightening lotion, and then Baviphat Goodbye Sebum primer. I buy all these from Cosmeticsmarket2012 on eBay for extremely reasonable prices and almost no shipping charge from Korea. I stay matte all day even in the hot weather. I do personal microdermabrasion and Microneedling for my bad acne scarring, and have begun using their Snail Intensive repair afterwards, as well as my own custom made serum from Skinactives.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Price:
This is a very affordable range of BB Creams, at around AU$6 each from ebay sellers in Korea. I love that there are 5 different types for different skin types & needs, but unfortunately they all come in just 1 colour. I don't think they make sample sachets, and I believe this has to do with their already affordable price. So it's a cheap gamble to make in order to find out if the 1 shade or the formula will suit you, but a gamble nonetheless.

Packaging:
The packaging is a squeeze tube with a twist on cap. There is no pump, but the nozzle has a decent sized opening with a flat top, so it's very easy to wipe off after dispensing product. It's also very easy to control how much product is squeezed out, and very secure to travel with as the cap doesn't just pop off leaving a pump exposed.

Consistency:
Very runny, so do be careful not to squeeze out too much. I like to hold the tube horizontally so gravity doesn't make it fly out, and I can control how much I dispense. You only need a small amount of this to cover your entire face, about half of what a foundation bottle will pump out.

Application:
This BB Cream blends out really easily, dries in a reasonable amount of time and sets to a velvety feeling finish on the skin. I had plenty of time to spread it around, blend out the edges and stipple away any streaks before it dried. It is currently Autumn here, so I'm not sure if this would remain tacky in warmer weather. I just used my fingers to apply it, never tried a brush or sponge but I imagine it would apply nicely with either tool due to its liquidity and drying time.

Coverage:
I have quite normal skin and don't have breakouts year round, but tend to get a bit drier in Winter. I don't have large pores, just pinprick ones on my cheeks, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have fair skin with a mix of light and dark freckles, a little redness around my nose, some red marks from past blemishes and slight undereye circles.

I found that this BB Cream has a solid medium coverage, it completely covered the redness and darkness but didn't cover all of my freckles.

Finish & Wear:
Here's where I find this BB Cream to be really strange. It dries down to a satin finish after application but as the day progresses, my skin looks dry and tight all over while simultaneously looking really oily. At first it smoothed over my slightly visible pores and fine lines very nicely, but as the day went on it sunk into them and also began showing pores & fine lines on my forehead that I never even knew were there! My skin didn't feel dried out although I looked dry, and didn't feel oily although I looked oily. I have tried this both with and without moisturiser underneath, and with and without powder on top, but nothing seems to make a difference with how it wears. It's hydrating enough without moisturiser, but feels a lot more comfortable with it.

Scent:
Heavily scented with a sweet floral fragrance. It irritated my eyes a little when I applied the BB Cream around them, but didn't make my eyes water during the day. The smell didn't completely disappear after application, it subsided a bit once the BB Cream dried but every now and then I would get a whiff and it smelled exactly as it did when first applied.

Colour:
Of the 5 Petit BB Creams, I think this one is the darkest (just from what I've read, I've only tried 3 myself). This is too dark for me, and quite orange. I can buff some pale powder over the top to make it more workable, but even then it's a little too dark. For an easy universal reference, Revlon Colorstay in Ivory is too dark for me. I think if you can wear Revlon CS in Ivory or Buff, you might be able to wear this.

I bought this BB Cream not only because of my skin drying out as the weather cools down, but because lots of reviewers said they were "really pale" and it suited them. I can't stand it when people say "I'm really pale/fair and this matches me perfectly..." but in reality, they can find a match in Western drugstore foundations. Umm no, you are not pale or fair. If you can wear this product, you are Light or Light-Medium.

OVERALL:
This BB Cream is not right for my skin in any way. The colour is too dark, it's not moisturising enough (even though we're only in Autumn, the temperature is going to drop even more when Winter arrives) and it just looks worse the longer I have it on my skin. I'm not going to bash it and say "don't buy it, it's total garbage" because there have been plenty of great reviews on it, but I will say it's up to you if you want to risk spending the money and waiting for the package to arrive to test it out for yourself.

Also, I highly recommend an oil cleanser to remove facial makeup, whether it be BB Cream or foundation. Regular makeup removers don't clear everything away. You can even just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don't want to purchase an Oil Cleanser. The oil breaks down ALL the makeup on your skin so it washes away leaving no residual product. Please don't forget to double cleanse (Oil Cleanse to remove the makeup then follow up with your regular cleanser).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I have tried the green version, for oily skin, in the past. I used it a couple of times, then threw it in the trash. It felt very thick, and was too noticeable in my skin. It accentuate my dry patches, and i didn't like it at all.

Moving forward 2 to 3 years, i heard a big hype about this petit bb creams, and thought i could give it a go again... It was cheap so i thought it was worth the gamble,

This time i chose the moisture version, as i am currently on accutane, and my skin needs extra moisture.

The texture is very thick and creamy. It takes a while to properly blend it in, as it can leave brush streaks really easily. It feels oily and looks shiny, even with powder on top, which really bothers me. It keeps my face moisturized but i don't like the texture, and it's really noticeable on my skin.. Also, it has more of a yellow tone for an asian bb cream, but makes me look really pale. It doesn't perform really well when i try to mix with my other foundations..

For me it's a fail: for both of the color and doesn't blend properly with the skin. I'm done with asian bb creams.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Rintachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This was the first BB cream I ever tried (..I think, it was a long time ago!).

I thought it was really good back then! The texture was nice to work with and the cream stuck smoothly on my face. I believe it provided good coverage as well.

Now that I've tried more BBs over the years, when I think back about this one it's no longer that great. When I compare with other brands I've used this was very runny and oily.. Although my skin is dry/sensitive it got very shiny and oily after a few hours of wear, even with primer and powder the cream slipped and disappeared from my face.

I would not buy this again, however I tried another from the series: Essential, which was waay better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am have been trying out BBs and like this one a lot. I wanted a non-clogging BB. I first tried the pore clearing version (blue tube), but it felt and looked too dry for some parts of my face. I have dry combo skin that breaks out and is red. So, I got the moisturizing one (purple). As it is moisturizing (not very), it's a bit easier to apply. It is still thick but spreads easily. Best to use your fingers to apply, like most BBs.. It does go on scary pale at first and it takes a while to oxidize.

There is only one color like many BB's, but it is a nice shade. I am an NC25 in MAC, No. 2 in Etude Cotton Fit and this looks good on me. I have a hard time find pale shades that aren't too pink and don't cover redness or are too tan. This is a little pale for me but a reasonable match. It is not grey like some Asian BBs. The coverage is medium. Does go on quite pale and needs time to oxidize though. You can build coverage from more natural to more doll-like, depending on how you layer it, without caking. It has some luminosity and a little shine, as this one is not matte. It is more of a satin finish. Good for normal or slightly dry skin or combo skin. Really dry types might need some moisturizer under. What I love is that it makes my pores look small, as if I had used a primer. It has some moisture, but has not caused any breakouts. Feels very light on. Staying power is about average.

It is cheap and the packaging is adorable in the bright shiny hard tubes. Tubes are small enough to can carry in your purse for touch ups, but don't last long. The only other thing I don't like about it, is the fragrance. However, the scent is quite fresh - not powdery or old lady like some others (MISSHA, Etude) and the smell fades. Sometimes I use the pore clearing one on my t-zone if I am breaking out. They are the same shade, so you can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favorite Korean BB cream. The tube is small, and I use a make-up sponge to apply it, I feel that the tube will last maybe a month. It's priced around $10 so I'm ok with buying more, especially because I'm not using anti-aging, sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation - just BB cream. I love how fast I can get ready for work now. I used to put on moisturizer and then wait 10 minutes before starting my make-up. Coverage is good, I'm pale skinned, freckles, covers most of my needs as a foundation. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

A pretty nice BB cream, medium coverage nice satin finish. The color is very very light but matched my extremely fair skin perfectly. Biggest problem for me was when trying to build up the coverage for more of a full coverage effect, it can get a bit cakey looking at times, especially around dryer, flakier areas. It can also start feeling a bit heavy and greasy throughout the day, even on my dry skin. So while this isn't a bad bb cream, once I started using the Holika Holika Aqua Jelly BB, I doubt I'll go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried my first BB Cream last year and I didn't like it very much. It was definitely more like a tinted moisturizer and didn't provide the kind of coverage I was looking for. My skin has been going through a lot of changes the last few years due to hormones and aging. I've been having more acne, fine lines, and blotchiness and I've really wanted to try to phase out of using heavier foundations as they seem to exaggerate these problems.

Over the past few months I've purchased about 5 different BB Creams but I had yet to find one that was right for my skin. I was looking for one with the right amount of coverage, that wouldn't break me out, had staying power, and doesn't settle into fine lines. I was reading positive reviews for this particular BB Cream, so I decided to try this out and Im so glad I did!

The little tube is super cute and small enough to throw in your purse.
I was a little worried when I opened it and the color seemed like it was going to be much too dark for my pale skin with yellow undertones. However, I was instantly surprised as I applied it with my fingers and it seemed to lighten up and blend flawlessly into my skin! The consistency is a bit more like a foundation than the previous products I had tried, yet it didn't feel as heavy as a foundation once applied, nor did it LOOK like foundation on my skin. The coverage is excellent and has a matte powder finish that doesn't look caked on. The result was baby soft skin!
I was happy to find that it did have a yellow undertone. Most of the BB Creams I've tried had pink undertones and made my skin more orange looking.

I set it with translucent powder and went out for the night. I was surprised that I didn't need ANY touch ups after hours of wear. I kept checking and my skin looked bright, clear, poreless, and hadn't settled into any fine lines!

I removed it with one makeup remover wipe, instead of the two (or sometimes 3) it takes to remove regular foundation completely, and my skin felt clean and soft.

I've been using it for about a week now and my skin is looking so much healthier. I also switched to a filtered shower head so Im sure that is also contributing to my skin looking healthier as well.

All in all, Im super impressed with this BB Cream!
I'd say the ONLY complaint I have is that it does contain parabens.
If I happen to find one that doesn't and performs like this one I may switch, but if not I will definitely be repurchasing despite the parabens.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Pascha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very light, nice to ware in summer, doesn't course any breakouts. I love it! The only disadvantage: it has just one shade, which is a bit orangy.