April 20, 2014 | 1471 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Moisture SPF30

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I have tried the green version, for oily skin, in the past. I used it a couple of times, then threw it in the trash. It felt very thick, and was too noticeable in my skin. It accentuate my dry patches, and i didn't like it at all.

Moving forward 2 to 3 years, i heard a big hype about this petit bb creams, and thought i could give it a go again... It was cheap so i thought it was worth the gamble,

This time i chose the moisture version, as i am currently on accutane, and my skin needs extra moisture.

The texture is very thick and creamy. It takes a while to properly blend it in, as it can leave brush streaks really easily. It feels oily and looks shiny, even with powder on top, which really bothers me. It keeps my face moisturized but i don't like the texture, and it's really noticeable on my skin.. Also, it has more of a yellow tone for an asian bb cream, but makes me look really pale. It doesn't perform really well when i try to mix with my other foundations..

For me it's a fail: for both of the color and doesn't blend properly with the skin. I'm done with asian bb creams.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Rintachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This was the first BB cream I ever tried (..I think, it was a long time ago!).

I thought it was really good back then! The texture was nice to work with and the cream stuck smoothly on my face. I believe it provided good coverage as well.

Now that I've tried more BBs over the years, when I think back about this one it's no longer that great. When I compare with other brands I've used this was very runny and oily.. Although my skin is dry/sensitive it got very shiny and oily after a few hours of wear, even with primer and powder the cream slipped and disappeared from my face.

I would not buy this again, however I tried another from the series: Essential, which was waay better!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am have been trying out BBs and like this one a lot. I wanted a non-clogging BB. I first tried the pore clearing version (blue tube), but it felt and looked too dry for some parts of my face. I have dry combo skin that breaks out and is red. So, I got the moisturizing one (purple). As it is moisturizing (not very), it's a bit easier to apply. It is still thick but spreads easily. Best to use your fingers to apply, like most BBs.. It does go on scary pale at first and it takes a while to oxidize.

There is only one color like many BB's, but it is a nice shade. I am an NC25 in MAC, No. 2 in Etude Cotton Fit and this looks good on me. I have a hard time find pale shades that aren't too pink and don't cover redness or are too tan. This is a little pale for me but a reasonable match. It is not grey like some Asian BBs. The coverage is medium. Does go on quite pale and needs time to oxidize though. You can build coverage from more natural to more doll-like, depending on how you layer it, without caking. It has some luminosity and a little shine, as this one is not matte. It is more of a satin finish. Good for normal or slightly dry skin or combo skin. Really dry types might need some moisturizer under. What I love is that it makes my pores look small, as if I had used a primer. It has some moisture, but has not caused any breakouts. Feels very light on. Staying power is about average.

It is cheap and the packaging is adorable in the bright shiny hard tubes. Tubes are small enough to can carry in your purse for touch ups, but don't last long. The only other thing I don't like about it, is the fragrance. However, the scent is quite fresh - not powdery or old lady like some others (MISSHA, Etude) and the smell fades. Sometimes I use the pore clearing one on my t-zone if I am breaking out. They are the same shade, so you can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favorite Korean BB cream. The tube is small, and I use a make-up sponge to apply it, I feel that the tube will last maybe a month. It's priced around $10 so I'm ok with buying more, especially because I'm not using anti-aging, sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation - just BB cream. I love how fast I can get ready for work now. I used to put on moisturizer and then wait 10 minutes before starting my make-up. Coverage is good, I'm pale skinned, freckles, covers most of my needs as a foundation. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

A pretty nice BB cream, medium coverage nice satin finish. The color is very very light but matched my extremely fair skin perfectly. Biggest problem for me was when trying to build up the coverage for more of a full coverage effect, it can get a bit cakey looking at times, especially around dryer, flakier areas. It can also start feeling a bit heavy and greasy throughout the day, even on my dry skin. So while this isn't a bad bb cream, once I started using the Holika Holika Aqua Jelly BB, I doubt I'll go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried my first BB Cream last year and I didn't like it very much. It was definitely more like a tinted moisturizer and didn't provide the kind of coverage I was looking for. My skin has been going through a lot of changes the last few years due to hormones and aging. I've been having more acne, fine lines, and blotchiness and I've really wanted to try to phase out of using heavier foundations as they seem to exaggerate these problems.

Over the past few months I've purchased about 5 different BB Creams but I had yet to find one that was right for my skin. I was looking for one with the right amount of coverage, that wouldn't break me out, had staying power, and doesn't settle into fine lines. I was reading positive reviews for this particular BB Cream, so I decided to try this out and Im so glad I did!

The little tube is super cute and small enough to throw in your purse.
I was a little worried when I opened it and the color seemed like it was going to be much too dark for my pale skin with yellow undertones. However, I was instantly surprised as I applied it with my fingers and it seemed to lighten up and blend flawlessly into my skin! The consistency is a bit more like a foundation than the previous products I had tried, yet it didn't feel as heavy as a foundation once applied, nor did it LOOK like foundation on my skin. The coverage is excellent and has a matte powder finish that doesn't look caked on. The result was baby soft skin!
I was happy to find that it did have a yellow undertone. Most of the BB Creams I've tried had pink undertones and made my skin more orange looking.

I set it with translucent powder and went out for the night. I was surprised that I didn't need ANY touch ups after hours of wear. I kept checking and my skin looked bright, clear, poreless, and hadn't settled into any fine lines!

I removed it with one makeup remover wipe, instead of the two (or sometimes 3) it takes to remove regular foundation completely, and my skin felt clean and soft.

I've been using it for about a week now and my skin is looking so much healthier. I also switched to a filtered shower head so Im sure that is also contributing to my skin looking healthier as well.

All in all, Im super impressed with this BB Cream!
I'd say the ONLY complaint I have is that it does contain parabens.
If I happen to find one that doesn't and performs like this one I may switch, but if not I will definitely be repurchasing despite the parabens.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Pascha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very light, nice to ware in summer, doesn't course any breakouts. I love it! The only disadvantage: it has just one shade, which is a bit orangy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I purchased this (orange tube) on Amazon for $12. For reference, I'm combo skin w/ slightly oiler t-zone and drier cheeks, slight rosacea on cheeks, chin, nose (limited to redness only) w/ some melasma spots (fading thank god) and in my mid 40s. I wear:

MAC = NC 15
EL Double Wear = Desert Beige
EL Double Wear Light = 1.0
Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque
Rachel K = I can wear the pink tube + the black tube

This is my 2nd foray into the BB/CC cream arena, my first being Rachel K (see separate review.) In comparison to Rachel K:

1. this is MUCH cheaper
2. this appears to be the same color as the Rachel K neutral shade, but it first appears a tad lighter on my skin, but then dries/settles down to the same final color.
3. this takes WAY less product to cover my entire fact than the Rachel K.
4. provides a bit more pigmentation than Rachel K (as in covers my redness a titch better)
5. the Rachel K finish stays matte several hours longer than this - I have to apply powder mid day to cover the breakthru shine (and I am definitely NOT oily - I have a slightly oily t-zone and drier cheeks)
6. I have to apply powder over (same w/ Rachel K) because on its own, I don't feel its enough coverage for me (slight rosacea, melasma)

Even tho this claims to have beneficial ingredients (just like Rachel K claims to), I still use SS and a primer underneath = not sure how much of any beneficial ingredients are getting thru to my actual skin.

I apply this w/ my BB sponge (I absolutely HATE applying any foundation w/ my fingers) and using the BB works great.

I do set w/ my UD - otherwise I have shine after 2 hours. W/ UD, I get 4 hours before breakthru.

I put "yes" to repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence. There are so many BB/CC creams out there, I may continue my search.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased the darkest shade on Ebay ( purple tube) and tried it on this morning.It's quit oke!Nothing more and nothing less The color could have been a little darker for me but overall it's fine.The price is excelent( les then $8)Overall a reasonable product but nothing that special.Will not buy again.Still on the search for the perfect BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

UPDATE: Just bought my third tube of this, still love it, still upset that I even bothered buying normal foundation in the past. 1 tube lasts me 4-6 months with daily use.

DAAAAAAAMN this is good bb cream. I am swearing because why the heck did I waste all that money on foundation and primer for all these years??? I am genuinely very displeased at my previous purchases because they are such a waste compared to this.

I have very dry skin with some fine lines on my forehead and large pores around my nose. I am NC15 but am really a true neutral (no colors make me look sick or weird).

Color match is the best color match I've ever gotten in a makeup. It's perfect, completely dead on. It's also the only good match for my pale skin that warms my skin up without making me look like my liver is failing.

The finish is flawless, like second skin. Even where I put on too much, it still looked natural. You'd really have to be staring with a magnifying glass to tell I had on makeup. This brings me to another point, you do not need to use much of this! WAY less than I had thought I needed. Don't treat it like foundation and you will get a better finish. Less is more for sure.

This bb cream has spectacular coverage. It's up there with my Mac Fix + powder in terms of coverage. It's amazing. I barely had to use concealer.

Did not make lines worse. I wanted to give this a shot without primer first, to see how it performed. I found that this didn't make my lines look worse (which foundations all do without primer). However, it did settle a bit into pores. With primer it makes my lines look more invisible than without makeup and doesn't settle into pores.

Moisturizing power is great. It gives a gorgeous dewy finish and erases flakes rather than highlighting them.

Lasting power seems OK, I have dry skin so nothing really wears off on me. It has that feeling to it like it would not last well. I set it with powder and it was fine on me. If you have oilier skin, I imagine this wouldn't last long and I'd try the tea tree or essential instead.

Fragrance IS quite strong. It smells really nice, kind of floral. I have very sensitive skin and the fragrance didn't irritate me at all. No redness and no breakouts.

Cannot rave about this enough. Where have you been all my life when I wasted so much money on other foundations? :(

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No