Essie Forever Yummy

4.3

on 8/19/2014 2:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a mini version of Forever Yummy in a set (alongside a mini Chinchilly and a full-sized Ballet Slippers) called "Forever Young" on clearance at SDM. Great find! This lovely red-with-a-hint-of-brick colour is perfect on my toes--I seem to prefer Essie for pedicures!--and is an easy, shiny OCW. I awarded full lippies for the mini packaging, which, unlike many other minis, features a fantastic brush and a ball bearing inside! Would repurchase, mini- or full-sized.

on 2/5/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful true red, about halfway between fire engine red and scarlet. I use this shade for my burlesque performances. The Essie narrow brush drives me crazy, but the polish quality is good. It's essential to use a base coat with this color in order to avoid extremely stained nails after removal.

This was my first Essie purchase (the brand was only just released in NZ) and I'm in love! The colour is nice, a deeper red than what I have previously owned but not too dark. No orange undertones.
But what I love most about Essie is the formula. Much faster drying than other brands and lasted AGES! I had this on for four days before the first signs of any chipping, and even that was extremely minimal and I could easily have gone another few days before having to remove. And I am not exactly careful with my fingernails. Definitely recommend!

on 11/18/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my fall/winter red. It's a warm red but deeper than a fire engine red. It does not work for summertime. But I always go to it, even in the store. I like it so much that I accidentally bought it twice. At least I'm consistent :).

on 9/19/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So far, this is the most perfect true red I can find that suits me.
I love how shiny it is on first coat although I still use a top coat whenever possible.
I love that this red has just the right amount of darkness to it so that it doesnt appear too in your face red but not too dark to seem like its going nearer the brown/bordeaux shades either. Its a real saturated red.
I always get people asking me about this colour.
If applied loaded on the first coat, you can get away with just one coat but it does take much longer to dry of course. I usually use 2 normal coats for a perfect opaque finish.
Highly recommended.

on 9/14/2013 5:14:00 PM

I absolutely love Essie nail polishes to begin with, and finding this one was so exciting!! 'Forever Yummy' is the perfect red for every skintone. It may not be the most unique color, but it has an amazing formula. Once you find the red to fit your skintone, you no longer have to search and buy every red nail polish you come across in the hopes that it will work for you. With this one, I was able to do that!! I love how readily available it is (you can buy it at Walmart, RiteAid, CVS, Target, Kmart, etc.). Also, I love the classic Essie brush that is rather small, so if you have smaller nails, you aren't going to get red nail polish all over your cuticles. I also think the price of $8.50 is very reasonable for such a classic color that you will use over and over again. 'Forever Yummy' looks great on fingers and toes; Especially great on long fingernails! I will always have this polish in my collection and I er commend it to everybody! Definitely a HG polish!

on 8/16/2013 5:03:00 AM

I have over 20 red nail polishes. I use just them. I can say that Essie Forever Yummy is my favorite. It is one of these colors that I always reach for when I need to look perfect. It is an ideal red for weddings and funerals! Bright enough to be red, yet dark enough not to be too bright. And it never looks bordeaux, not even in a dark room. Creamy. Goes on easily, dries quickly. Good investment. My skin color is NC20/NW15

on 6/21/2013 5:15:00 PM

I really love this red color, I think it's very pretty and use it on my nails all the time. Two coats should do it if you want a good opaque color. It's easy to apply and smooth. Plus lets not forget how adorable the name is.

on 4/20/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i am useing this for my science project and i think that this is a really nice polish i really like the formula and every thing about it

on 3/28/2013 2:38:00 PM

Great shade and only took me two coats to get opaque. I don't feel like this " my red" shade but ill keep using it til I find my perfect match.

Top Rated Essie Products