July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - All of My Purple Life

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Nanaisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time this gloss came around I did not jump on it. I wish I had because I really want a backup badly! Afrobella said she wanted to create the perfect purple for women of color and she did! But don't fuss this lipglass is not only for women of color, lighter skin women can rock this too; you can tone it down or just wear it as is, its really up to you. I commend Patrice for creating this color and for those of you who don't already own this try to get your hands on it is fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This might be the first mac gloss that I have to back up :) At first I was like meh, it looked kind of pinky purpley on me not at all how it does on afrobella. I tried it again today with a little liner for work and I just love it! I haven't purchased anything purple for my lips since high school I believe so this is a nice addition to my makeup stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a pale, highlighted blonde who LOVES this color! I've worn purple lips for 30 years (my first being a Max Factor gloss at 13). Purple, in all shades/hues is all I wear. I ordered this online the second it was released. Boy is it perfect! Makes my green eyes POP, my teeth look whiter, my smile that much better! I will order more for backup. I wish more women realized just how good purple looks on the lips. I'd give this 10 stars if I could! Thank you afrobella...I'll stay purple allllll my life! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't get it the first time because I don't like dark colors for my dark skin(nw44). I got it the second time because of all the hype. It's just okay. I wish it was a bit brighter. I'm going to keep it just because, but next time I'm going to listen to my first mind and not give into hype.
UPDATE: The color kind of settles down into a stain. I do like it. I don't think I would buy again, but it's okay.
UPDATE: I put this on over Revlon Fuschia and BAM! It looks like Afrobella's promo pic. Extra purpley and gorgeous! This is the bomb! I would order a backup but I'm just going to hoard this and wear when I really want to be hawt!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

I did not purchase this the first time it was introduced because I was underwhelmed. Upon its reintroduction, I had to have it. It really is the perfect purple berry for dark skin with a hint of shimmer. The bomb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this is the limited edition lip glass by blogger afrobella. she said she wanted a very pigmented purple for the brown girls. well that's just what this is! aside from the super cool story about how several bloggers were selected to create their own mac shades, this color really is pretty. it's a cream (which i like) and it POPS on your lips. i don't think there's any other mac gloss like it. i have an old purple liner (when the pencils were silver, not black) that i use with it but i am going to try it with vino/current. even though it's bold and can go on too dark if you use too much it still can work for summer with a light hand and neutral eyes. so i'm hoping mac might leave this in the collection. it really is a pretty and unique color and i highly recommend it for the brown ladies but anyone can have fun with this if applied right.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No