October 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - Quattro Eyeshadow Chic-ify

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually bought this solely based on how fun the product looked :D I just had to have it :)

Those aren't your pro colors or anywhere near that. However, they aren't completely bad.

Four shades are in there:

A light peach, which hardly shows up on my skin.

A shimmery black, this one has the highest color payoff of them all, but plenty of fall out. I would use this on top of a higher quality black e/s like MAC Carbon or Typographic to give it a shimmery finish.

A taupe shade, very natural and pretty, probably my fav of them all. Medium pigmentation and a unique shade.

A pure silver shade, very vibrant and true (does not run blue or green), again I'd layer this on top of another higher quality e/s to add shimmer to it.

All in all, it's a bit above average kind of palette, but nothing that'll work for an important event or something..

Cheers ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this quad on a clearance sale at my local drugstore. I was mainly curious about the taupe color but I have to say that I am really pleased with all the eyeshadows in it. it's a great everyday palette, I brought it on a long trip and ended up using it everyday. it's also really useful to quickly turn a day look in a night look as there are also dark colors in it. the colors are not super pigmented but personally I find it a plus in this palette because I can choose how intense I want the color to be.
they last the whole day with a good primer underneath and only after 8+ hours I start seeing a little creasing. the texture is not super creamy and they tend to be a bit chalky but the price is so cheap I can totally live with that. I would definetly purchase again or purchase other color combinations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I was looking for inexpensive neutral eyeshadows to keep on my boat for when I sleep there. I found this at Ulta for under three dollars. I didn't want to spend $$$ on staples like Lorac, MAC and Shiseido when I'll only be using the shadows maybe 4-5x for one season. To be honest, I'm impressed with this e/s quad. I swatched the four colors on my fingers and they all were very creamy and smooth with good pigmentation. In fact, these shadows were 10x smoother then the Elizebeth Arden shadows I swatched that cost just over fifteen dollars. I find that they are also smoother then some of my MAC, NYX and even as creamy as Stila. All four shades are very wearable and will suit most skintones. The shades are: 1. Matte Peach 2. Shimmery Taupe (a lot like Satin Taupe). 3. Shimmery Silver and 4. Shimmery Black. Out of all of these, I like the peach and taupe shade the best. The silver and black isn't as pigmented but they are very buildable and they don't crease. The packaging is thick plastic and it's hard to open it with the potential of breaking a nail. All in all, I'm happy with this purchase.