Essence Cover Stick

3.4

PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ZINC OXIDE, TALC, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), PARAFFIN, SYNTHETIC WAX, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, FARNESOL, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, POLYETHYLENE, BHT, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 42090 (BlUE 1), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 7/16/2015 5:52:00 AM

First off, I have pretty good skin (normal/combination). Minor dark circles, and just a few slightly discolored marks from old acne. This concealer covers okay, I apply CC Cream before I dab it on. Does its job, works nicely for the undereye area as long as you apply your CC/BB cream or moisturizer beforehand. Coverage is medium, not for those who need full coverage. But if you have relatively good skin, this will do. Lasts all day, does not fade or flake on me. I have the lightest shade and I use it to highlight my upper cheeks and nose, it works, and looks good. Comparable to Revlon Photoready stick concealer which I also use, I would go for either.

on 5/16/2015 8:41:00 AM

I did not like this concealer at all. I found that the product was very hard and dry making it difficult to apply. It looked extremely cakey anywhere on my face and it also creased under my eyes. It also has a poor range of shades.

on 5/6/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
-Conceals fairly well
-Cheap price
-Blends well

Cons:
-Pretty dry formula (which isn't too bad I guess)
-Only about 3 shades available (not a con for me, I found my shade)
-Runs out very fast

on 4/23/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much coverage, not many shades available, not too keen on this product.

on 3/22/2015 11:31:00 AM

It is cheap - it feels cheap. It does have a nice shade that perfectly fits my skintone. I just don't like it.

on 3/15/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like this concealer. It just made me cakey without covering that much. I never use it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Practically no coverage unless you want to build it up. Can't expect much for, what 2?
Tried it on blemishes, unevenness, under my eyes (where it settled into fine lines immediately). I don't know why I keep trying with this.
To get any coverage I have to really build it up, spend minutes blending the edges, and then applying more foundation or powder to get it to look even.
Pass.

on 2/13/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This concealer is ok. I use it for under my eyes, and the shade is pretty good (1 shade lighter than my skin for under eyes). It is not the easiest to blend, however the tube it comes in is helpful. This does NOT work over acne!! I have tried, and it always flakes and doesn't cover anything fully. I now use green concealer over any acne I get. I am kind of happy with this concealer, although I want to see what else is available...

on 12/9/2014 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this concealer for a while and for the most part, it does its job. I use the shade Matt Beige and it's a pretty good neutral colour, if not on the peach/yellow side.

The lipstick-type of packaging is unique, and does make it easy to apply to larger parts of the face. I don't really like this product for underneath my eyes since it's difficult to apply with the tube and also tends to crease. The product itself applies pretty smoothly but it generally a bit greasy on me. I'd recommend setting it with a powder, and buffing it in really well with a dense brush.

I won't be repurchasing because I have another concealer (NYX Full Coverage) that lasts for longer, is more pigmented and dries really matte. I'd recommend that concealer over this one. It has the tendency of getting cakey and overpowering any foundation it's applied over or under. I haven't repurchased.

on 11/18/2014 6:03:00 AM

I use this for one purpose only - to lighten the dark circles at the inner corner of my eyes. All my life I've suffered from somewhat puffy eyes, and this makes the inner corner look dark. The lightest color is perfect for lightening this area and matching it to the rest of my skin. The texture is thick enough to stay on all day and I've had no irritation from using it this close to my eyes. I put it on straight from the stick and then blend it with my finger. It takes just a few seconds and makes a big difference to how I look.

I have only used it a couple of times on the rest of my face to cover pimples and I've found that it can look cakey if applied too thickly. The best way I've found to use it on a pimple is to apply it with a sponge tipped eyeshadow applicator and then set with translucent powder. As long as I use a light hand it looks good and lasts pretty well.

Top Rated Essence Products