September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Mascara - Essence - No Limits Waterproof Volume Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a great mascara for me. Does add some volume and is inexpensive in my pro list. In terms of cons; makes my lashes very stiff and crunchy, also flakes, smears, and isn't waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I prefer mascaras that are able to define my lases and help hold a curl ( I have very thick and straight lashes). This essence mascara looked great, but did not help keep my lashes curled (although I have never found one that does). I love the classic bristle brush- really quick and easy to use. I had no problem with flaking, smudging or stiffness of lashes. Although pretty decent overall, I discovered that it irritated my eyes when I wore contact lenses and made them very red- I have never had this happen with any other mascara or eye product I have tired.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been loving this mascara lately. Although I have been a longtime Voluminous user, I picked this up at Ulta on a whim, as well as their Multi-action False lashes mascara. I hated the Multi-action becase it flakes immediately, but I find myself reaching for the No Limits mascara every day. My biggest problem with mascara is the smudge factor: I wear contacts and have allergies, so I tend to rub my eyes a lot during the day, which results in racoon eyes. Although I love the way Voluminous makes my lashes look, it smudges quite badly. This mascara makes my lashes look just as good as Voluminous with only minimal smudging. So yeah, it's not perfect, but it's the best I have found so far. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes my lashes feel stiff and it doesn't really seem to add much volume or length. It's also not really waterproof because I've been wearing it out in dry winter weather and it still smudges. I can only imagine how much smudging would happen during the hot, humid summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by cepauloar

My lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions. I got this because I didn't want to spend 14 EUR in a new Maybelline mascara. This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. It didn't hold the curl of my eyelashes and that is already a deal breaker for me. The formula was very wet and sticky and it smeared all around my eyes. It gave absolutely zero volume, but clumped my eyelashes together. I did not like this at all and I ended up buying the Maybelline one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Pugie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was very disappointing. I am an avid essence cosmetics lover, but the quality of this mascara is terrible. It does not give me volume, even when you apply a good 4-5 coats. It is not waterproof at all, and my wand was very flimsy. The formula is not good at all, it makes my lashes feel hard and stiff. The wand leaves so many clumps on my lashes and I had throw it away the first couple of months because the outer rim accumulated so much crust mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I wanted to try another Essence mascara since I absolutely love their Black Mania Carbon Black Volume mascara but it smudges a lot and will run when sweating or being humid out. I bought No Limits Waterproof Volume mascara with high hopes but this just sucks and I will be returning this.
What I didn't like about it: 1. The formula is like tar. It's so heavy and goopy and really adheres to the brush making it a hassle to have to wipe the excess off all the time. 2. It takes a long time to dry. 3. It provided no volume nothing nada! Even with three coats, I just had boring skinny lashes. 4. The brush and handle are flimsy. 5. It's not as black as I wanted it to be.
What I did like about it: 1. The packaging is a pretty turquoise color with silver writing. 2. The brush tapers nicely to reach small lashes. 3. No offensive scent. 4. Provides decent length. 5. I have natural curl to my lashes and this really didn't ruin the curl.
Overall, this reminds me of Maybelline's Full & Soft which I consider BORING.