October 2, 2014 | 1792 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis LE-- Quartz

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by vespertilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quartz is literally a hidden gem to me. In the bottle it looks pretty lame, grey/beige with shimmer, really? Definitely nothing next to its more boisterous siblings Peridot and Graphite. However, once on the nail, I think Quartz unfolds a subtle, gorgeous colour palette of gold, silver, pink, and fawn. It's not really metallic, more like a mother-of-pearl sheen.

I actually prefer wearing just one coat of Quartz. I'm not sure if it's my natural pinkish nails shining through but it gives it more of a champagne-y, rosy glow. More coats IMHO make the colour cooler, more silvery and beige, which doesn't go as well with my skin colour. Being more of an understated-but-elegant colour, Quartz is very wearable both for work and occasions.

I think that Quartz goes on much less streaky (even creamy!) and holds up well compared to some other Chanel nail polishes, but maybe that's because it's harder to see on a light colour like this.

I put that I wouldn't repurchase because it's a colour that's nice to have and wear, but not a HG and not something I need/want to wear all the time. If you don't already have that kind of colour, give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by stefsim

Pretty colour, not one of those bright in-your-face kind of nail polishes.. Quite a neutral beige-taupe-shimmer.. I often put on a coat when I visit the counter, but I never felt like I must have it.. However, I like it and think it would be suitable for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by stella10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this colour! It's amazing, goes on really smooth and it's so different from a "normal" glitter polish! It's so shiny, makes everyone look at your nails! I have pictures on my blog stellap08.blogspot.com (and no, I don't get paid or get free products for the blog. I just put full reviews and pictures because I think people have the right to see them)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Didn't like it. Thought it looked cheap. Gave it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A thoroughly wearable colour. In indoor lighting it's taupe with a silver flash, which on some makes it on the grey side of taupe. In sunlight or direct light you can see very subtle specs of pink, blue and even green micro glitter. Very pretty. Of the three colours Chanel release in this line, I found quartz to be the most wearable. Graphite was way to bling(I didn't bother buying it) and peridot, whilst an amazing colour (for which I got many compliments), is a very 'out there' colour.

It took me three coats to get this opaque. Maybe with more careful application I could have managed it in two. The first coat is quite streaky but the following coats seems to even this out so you end up with a lovely smooth finish which is typical of the Chanel nail polishes.

It has a lovely shine at first but this fades after a day or so and really needs a top coat. I didn't bother with a top coat and got tip wear after 2 days which is a bit disappointing but probably a reflection of how much I abuse my nails rather than a problem with the formula.

It's expensive but such a lovely take on taupe that if I ever ran out I'd probably buy it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the first Chanel-polish I bought. When the collection came out I was immedatly drawn to Peridot because of the pictures online, but IRL it didn't like it. Grafite is non really me, however gorgeous it is, but Quartz drew me in! I was having a taupe and metallic moment, and suddenly I had spent 23 EUROS 50 cent on a nail varnish.

Luckily, I love it! The colour is so elegant and chic, while having an edge thanks to the metallic finish. It's very thin and runny, which makes it easy to paint with. It is opaque in two thin layers. It lasts very well, 5-7 days w/o chipping. (I usually have a small chip on my thumbs a little earlier than that, but nothing bad enough to make me repaint) I do wear top and basecoat.

I would probably not by this again (even if I could...) as it's a "trendy" shade, and a little boring, but I will by other Chanel polishes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry to be a bummer, but of the 3 polishes Chanel has issued this fall 2011, Quartz is the most forgettable one.
I was -initially - in awe when I saw it on blogs - looked chic and and understated... I thought it was the best of the three (while the best are Graphite and Peridot, if you dare to wear this last one).
Then I tried it in person and... what a disappointment!
It is so thin and sheer you need at let 3 coats to show up some colour. Well, the shade is indeed very wearable, a taupey pearly kind of thing.
But it's BORING compared to the vibe the other 2 have!
Will suit anyone and it's very office appropriate, but for that plain nail polish you don't need to shell out 24 Euros, I think.
Check the other 2 shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not really into taupe nail polish, but I thought it could be nice to have a single one in my collection, so when Chanel launched this, I bought it. The quality is superbe! It's so easy to apply that you can get away with a single coat, if you want. In that case it'll just leave a discreet silvery shine on the nail. I did three coats, though, in order to get it opaque. The color is rather pale - perhaps more of an oyster than a taupe - and the slightly pink/mauve hue I had expected from looking at the bottle, is not visible on the nail at all. It's metallic, but the multicolored glitter is only noticed in direct sunlight. I think that if you love these shades, this one is a good buy because of the quality, but it makes my pale hands look washed out, and frankly it looks a little boring. I won't buy again as I'm sure this bottle will last me a lifetime.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by kpxbabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all of the Chanel polishes from the Fall collection, Quartz is the most wearable. It may seem boring at first glance, but I truly love the shade. It is a very classy neutral color that has incredible shimmers that make it look pearlescent. I almost dismissed this shade because I purchased Graphite and Peridot already, but I'm so glad I didn't! It's beautiful and has an understated elegant look to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

UPDATE: Quartz I am so sorry I dissed you. Though based on my test swipe at the Chanel counter I will uphold my original review. With the full on 2 coats this looks more like what it is in the bottle. It delivers on the promise that Trapeze failed with. A silvery, grey taupe with just enough sparkle to pull in light. The rose undertone warms it up and makes it versatile for skin tones and climates. Works for day or evening and all seasons. I rated it a 4 because it is good and spot on for this season but only the classics can garner a 5 - Vamp, Tulipe Noir, Paradoxal, Blue Satin. I see this with rolled up khakis, Philip Lim wedges, beachy hair, Chanel Rivoli lips.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I went to Chanel to pick up Graphite and instead came out with this - you know how it is. It is a champagne pink that would have been the rage in another era. Maybe it was the lighting in Bloomingdales that influenced me to make this selection but this is awful in any light, sober or drunk, in a blue state or a .... well maybe it would be ok in a red state.