October 24, 2014 | 956 users online

Polishes - Essie - Miami Nice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this polish is SOOOO out of my comfort zone. I usually stick to very neutral colors like Essie mademoiselle or pink diamond which I've also reviewed. You rarely see me wearing a bright polish but with this one I will gladly make an exception. I was attracted to this immediately when I saw it at Target.

-i would describe it as a blue toned strawberry pink. its quite similar to Essie's Jam n Jelly but I would say Jam n Jelly is more of a reddish pink than a blue toned pink but they still have that bright summery feel. Also a dupe of this is Milani's pyramid passion polish.
-the consistency is great like all the other Essie polishes. Not too runny, NEVER sticky. Dries like a dream.
-GORGEOUS on tan skin. My go-to summer polish but I wear it during other seasons as well. Really shines on darker or golden skintones but of course paler ladies could wear it as well.
-I always use a topcoat but I have never had issues with them chipping early. After about the 7th day I do touchups but never before that 7 day mark.
-the price is definitely high for a polish but if I lost this or something I would go and get it in a heartbeat. It's now a must have in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MissMadiMakeup

This is the first Essie nail polish I've tried and probably the last. There was such a big hype about how amazing these nail polishes are but when I tried this color I had to do 3 coats to get if to look right. The consistency is so thin. Also it started chipping within a few hours. It was a huge disappointment and I'll stick to my favorite brand Sally Hansen XTreme wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color! It's such an amazing hot pink that has some sheen and a very subtle bluey iridescence to it. Essie has probably my favorite pallet over all other polishes and they are usually a better price than OPI. It's an incredible pedi color. Definitely bright, but not in an adolescent or garish way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by maferzar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great color for warmer climates, a very exotic hot pink i have to say is one of my fave, especially when i get that south beach tan, looks lovely on tan-meduim skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Deep hot pink with blue micro shimmer. Pretty! One of those colors that look better on my friends tan skin than me. I have NC10 fair skin. The coverage is perfect and even in a single coat. It feels "drier" to apply than my other shades and even though it is a shimmer it looks better with a top coat as the finish looks and feels a bit dull. There are a couple of things I don't quite like. It takes simply ages to dry. I have to allow 2 hours for it to dry enough to not be completely crumpled or dented by a chance smudge or knock. It is also one of those shimmers that are harder to remove and scratches up the surface of my nails. Like Glitters polishes but not quite as bad.

Its pretty so I am happily working my way to the end of the bottle and will use it up, but won't buy again because there are other similar shades with better formulas:
- Essie Meet Me at Sunset (bright red-orange jelly creme)
- Essie Super Bossa Nova (bright fuschia)
- Avon Speed Dry in Strawberry (bright fuschia-red plastic creme, dries perfectly hard in less than a minute and only needs one coat, chip free for days).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say, this is the best essie polish that I own. It's not saying too terribly much, though.
The consistency is thicker and less runny than the other colors I have. It applies in thicker coats with less streaking. One coat is decently opaque, two makes it just right.
It still dries kinda patchy and takes an extended period of time to fully dry. It can dry enough in a few minutes to put a top coat on but is VERY easily smudged generally.

the color is very true to the color in the bottle. It's very glossy and semi-multidimensional. It's a very girly pink, barbie like. It's great for going out, layering and paired with a shatter on top.

I wouldn't buy again because I don't fancy the essie line much at all. I got this as a gift so I'll use it up.

I recommend this for teenagers and for a polish to go with a night out - but nothing long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

very lovely color, dries fast, minimal streaking...love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a beautiful color! The best way to describe it is a hot pink with attitude. It's a great color for someone with cool coloring due to hints of blue in it. It really does make a bold statement and is perfect for Spring though I have been wearing it on my toes during the summer for a bright splash of color. It has been almost a week since I put it on, and it is starting to show signs of wear but only if you looked closely at my nails. I am very happy with the staying power as I use my hands a lot. Great color!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jessemyneiger

I love the bluish cast of this hot pink lacquer. I used it with a professional pedicure with topcoat and despite weeks of walking around barefoot at Jacksonville Beach and gardening at home, it has held up into week 3! Time for another pedicure!!! Reminds me of the hot pinks I'd wear in college circa 1996.