Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioning

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Quaternium 87 (Vegetable Derived), Cetearyl Alcohol (vegetable derived), Glycerin (Vegetable), Polysorbate 60, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Root Extract, Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract, Quercus Alba (Oak Bark) Bark Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Undecylenate (Vegetable Derived), Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), Fragrance, Caramel

on 1/20/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! The smell alone is to die for, though I could see that being a love/hate point. If you like the scent of Aveda products, it's more along that line (but without the cones that many of their products have!). Scent aside, it does its job well. It has a somewhat runny consistency, so don't make the mistake like I first did of globbing too much on, because it really does moisturize well despite its texture. I'm going to try this as a co-wash next. The matching shampoo is great as well. HG for me!

on 8/27/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I understand others' reviews of this conditioner being 'slippery', but I don't find it's a problem, maybe because my hair isn't long. But even when it was long, it didn't really bother me... it certainly wasn't a deal-breaker. I have rather thin short hair that doesn't like being too coated with silicones, and this lovely eco-friendly and deliciously-scented conditioner delivers for me. Light, refreshing, no build-up. As my scalp's natural oils come out, my hair is light enough that it doesn't end up looking oily, and I don't have to shampoo again for another 2 days.

on 7/6/2012 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Sorry to say but this conditioner was awful. It was so runny and difficult to work with, for one. I literally applied handfuls of it to my fine, long (mid-back at the time) hair and it had virtually no conditioning effect. My hair was a dull, tangled (and slightly sticky) mess upon leaving the shower. Plus, honestly, it reminds me of the opaque variety of liquid soap found in public restrooms (in terms of smell and consistency)...not exactly ideal for a conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I generally like Nature's Gate shampoos and conditioners... This particular one I'm not so sure about. I didn't buy the matching shampoo with this conditioner, as I just wanted something to use with all of the tiny bits of extra shampoo I had left over. I should note that the bottle I have says that it's "new and improved." I never tried the older version, so I don't know what the differences are.

This conditioner is very odd. It's brown in color, is sort of slimey, and has a strong scent. I've gotten used to the smell a little, but I would still prefer something else. My hair just feels average after using it. Nothing special. The bottle lasts a long time, like all other Nature's Gate hair products.

I think I will stick to the other formulas from Nature's Gate from now on.

on 2/10/2012 4:48:00 PM

Pros
-Good ingredients
-Perfect for daily use

Cons
-Overpowering scent
-Too slippery
-Not a great detangler

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this because it was easy to find and local. Plus the price wasn't too bad! It has an amazing smell, but it's one of those hate/love type smells. It's very herbal and uni-sex type fragrance--not for the flowerly, feminine type frag you'd usually get from women's hair products. I personally love it. The conditioner is a brownish color, kind of natural looking, and it has great oils in it for your hair. It doesn't feel oily at all though. Washes out nicely too. Will re-purchase, mainly because I love the smell and how easy it is to find locally.

on 11/14/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On and off since the seventies, I have fallen under the spell of this conditioner. A tan-mauve colored elixir, this moisturizes without feeling heavy. The lavender/myrrh scent is utterly intoxicating. paired with its sister shampoo, this is a nice product on my damaged curly hair, that does not cost a fortune.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This isn't exactly my favorite conditioner, but it's fairly decent if you don't have any concerns about moisturizing your hair. It smells really nice, too.

PROS:
- Affordable
- Easy to find
- Mostly natural ingredients
- Great scent

CONS:
- Thinner consistency
- No to little slip
- Not very moisturizing
- Contains some not-so-natural ingredients

on 7/21/2011 8:19:00 PM

This is a pure nostalgia product for me: The scent!! Oh! Reminds me so much of being a teenager in my earthy-crunchy sister's house using her products. :) It works just ok as a conditioner on my bone dry, damaged hair, but I use it as a shaving product for my legs and use it as a rinse to get the smell on my hair after conditioning it proper. I'll keep buying this as long as it's being made!

on 6/24/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this from Whole Foods market for $5 ... It contains Chamomile,Lavendar ,Jojoba oil etc .. 7 herbal nutrients to be exact....I see reviews of conditioners with one single herbal product here in makeup alley .....I feel like a winner bcoz of my all 7 in 1 conditioner .

I absolutely love it . Dirt Cheap and and good quality product .

Smells herbally... I love herbals ..I grew up in South India so u'd know.. Everyday we came across lots of herbals...

Reminds me of me of my teen age soaps,shampoos, hair oils etc.. etc...