July 25, 2014 | 1079 users online

Conditioner - Nature's Gate - Herbal Daily Conditioning

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am including my old review here. I may have misjudged this product after all.
This is an amazing conditioner. My hair is thick, slightly on the drier side and voluminous. After using this conditioner and leaving it on the hair for a minute or two, I washed it off and let my hair air-dry. It does smell heavenly, btw! Scent is very strong but tones down in a week or two. The conditioner is not hydrating - at least for my hair, which is dry and crunchy, but it did make my hair very soft and shiny. Also the caramel brown colour does not look too attractive. I dabbed a bit of apricot kernel oil and aloe, to help further condition. Also I noted that if I use this conditioner often, it does cause some buildup that I am not happy about.
I am still not sure about the hidden chemicals...there is something in the conditioner that causes my eyes to water, if I use it in excess.
Overall, I am happy with this conditioner. Oh, and I usually use conditioner after shampooing with shikakai, so it is highly likely that the shikakai is also a factor in the good results!
This was my old review ->
**********************************
This conditioner has a wonderful herbal scent.
That's about it....
Bad stuff - the product is brownish (like decaying matter) and does not do anything beneficial for the hair. At least I did not see any improvement - in fact, the hair has turned stringy and there is some dandruff/buildup on the scalp after 2-3 days of using this conditioner......noticed some extra hair loss than normal....
Scent is super-strong....the kind that makes eyes redden and water. I also suspect this has some hidden chemicals NOT listed in the label.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! The smell alone is to die for, though I could see that being a love/hate point. If you like the scent of Aveda products, it's more along that line (but without the cones that many of their products have!). Scent aside, it does its job well. It has a somewhat runny consistency, so don't make the mistake like I first did of globbing too much on, because it really does moisturize well despite its texture. I'm going to try this as a co-wash next. The matching shampoo is great as well. HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I understand others' reviews of this conditioner being 'slippery', but I don't find it's a problem, maybe because my hair isn't long. But even when it was long, it didn't really bother me... it certainly wasn't a deal-breaker. I have rather thin short hair that doesn't like being too coated with silicones, and this lovely eco-friendly and deliciously-scented conditioner delivers for me. Light, refreshing, no build-up. As my scalp's natural oils come out, my hair is light enough that it doesn't end up looking oily, and I don't have to shampoo again for another 2 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry to say but this conditioner was awful. It was so runny and difficult to work with, for one. I literally applied handfuls of it to my fine, long (mid-back at the time) hair and it had virtually no conditioning effect. My hair was a dull, tangled (and slightly sticky) mess upon leaving the shower. Plus, honestly, it reminds me of the opaque variety of liquid soap found in public restrooms (in terms of smell and consistency)...not exactly ideal for a conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally like Nature's Gate shampoos and conditioners... This particular one I'm not so sure about. I didn't buy the matching shampoo with this conditioner, as I just wanted something to use with all of the tiny bits of extra shampoo I had left over. I should note that the bottle I have says that it's "new and improved." I never tried the older version, so I don't know what the differences are.

This conditioner is very odd. It's brown in color, is sort of slimey, and has a strong scent. I've gotten used to the smell a little, but I would still prefer something else. My hair just feels average after using it. Nothing special. The bottle lasts a long time, like all other Nature's Gate hair products.

I think I will stick to the other formulas from Nature's Gate from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by JMNeaves

Pros
-Good ingredients
-Perfect for daily use

Cons
-Overpowering scent
-Too slippery
-Not a great detangler

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by thebeesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was easy to find and local. Plus the price wasn't too bad! It has an amazing smell, but it's one of those hate/love type smells. It's very herbal and uni-sex type fragrance--not for the flowerly, feminine type frag you'd usually get from women's hair products. I personally love it. The conditioner is a brownish color, kind of natural looking, and it has great oils in it for your hair. It doesn't feel oily at all though. Washes out nicely too. Will re-purchase, mainly because I love the smell and how easy it is to find locally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

On and off since the seventies, I have fallen under the spell of this conditioner. A tan-mauve colored elixir, this moisturizes without feeling heavy. The lavender/myrrh scent is utterly intoxicating. paired with its sister shampoo, this is a nice product on my damaged curly hair, that does not cost a fortune.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't exactly my favorite conditioner, but it's fairly decent if you don't have any concerns about moisturizing your hair. It smells really nice, too.

PROS:
- Affordable
- Easy to find
- Mostly natural ingredients
- Great scent

CONS:
- Thinner consistency
- No to little slip
- Not very moisturizing
- Contains some not-so-natural ingredients

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pure nostalgia product for me: The scent!! Oh! Reminds me so much of being a teenager in my earthy-crunchy sister's house using her products. :) It works just ok as a conditioner on my bone dry, damaged hair, but I use it as a shaving product for my legs and use it as a rinse to get the smell on my hair after conditioning it proper. I'll keep buying this as long as it's being made!