August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Lip Gloss - Bite Beauty - Beauty Lip Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not the place for thus review, but couldn't find a better spot...

Picture me running out the door and only grabbing my wallet, cell phone, and my Bite Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in peach. It's that good. I've gone as green as I can with my makeup, and this is a winner.

Pros:
Lovely color that shows up on my pigmented lips
Tastes and smells divine
No harsh chemicals
Makes lips look juicy

Cons:
PRICE! Wth?
Doesn't last a long time in the tube (not much product?)
When you near the end, can't get to the bottom with the applicator

Would and will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this when I first tried it because of the strong scent and yucky taste. Lanolin was mentioned by other reviewers. It does smell and taste like that, but has a fake bubblegummy aspect to it too that is not appealing. It grew on me because it's so moisturizing and the shades are nice. I bought this in Vintage and Cinnamon. Vintage is a nude pinky-brownish shade that looks good on my pigmented lips. It has decent lasting power and really works as a lip balm. A bit heavy-feeling, but suitable for winter. Cinnamon is a similar shade, but a bit deeper and more brown. It makes lips look smooth and happy. The taste and smell is still gross, but I'm accepting it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received the color prosecco with my sephora beauty rewards points, its a sheer, beautiful nude color. It's a smooth, slightly thick gloss with a slight fruity scent that doesn't bother me, the ingredients used in Bite products are considered food grade!! I love to layer this with the dior lip plumber, it smoothes my lips and plumps them up!! Favorite!! I plan on buying more colors soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

The color payoff is nice, however this gloss is really sticky. Plus, it smells like play-dough. I got this in Vintage from the Give me some lips at Sephora. I would buy it again, if I had enough money to spend on a 20$ gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the color of this gloss and the streamlined, chic packaging. I got it in Vintage in the Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit. However, the dealbreaker is this smells like cherry cough syrup...and when I accidentally licked my lips, it tasted like it, too. I almost hurled. Seeing that many others seem to love this product, I'd advise smelling it in-store before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree 100% with mkdallas- I bought this l/g in Sante this week and it is absolutely amazing. I can't believe there's few reviews for this gem! There are tons for the sub-par LipFusion line, but Bite blows the other brands out of the water. First, the ingredients are better, healthier; reservatol is not an ingredient seen often in lippies! Also, lanolin is the first ingredient and it's a superior emollient, which also makes for a longer-lasting l/g - Not sticky, but it stays, but stays glossy :) The color is a neutral pink that works with all eyeshadow looks, it's perferct for day and night. Bite really needs to be in editorial more and amp their advertising- What they have to offer is way more than other brands- But not many women know about it. EDIT: I can understand many American women not being keen on the Bite lip shine l/g scent. It's reminiscent of lanolin, which I grew up using; my parents are from Western Europe and lanolin is the moisturizer of choice esp. in harsh cold winters - It is also a healing ointment. I am used to this scent, but let me tell you, NO other natural emollient is as effective and affordable. When I saw lanolin as the first ingredient, I knew this l/g is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mkdallas

I'm amazed by the lack of love for this product! I rarely write reviews, but the Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Sante (neutral pink) is the bomb and has become my first real Holy Grail product. While the color is pretty muted, it plays well with a huge variety of lipstick colors; it complements all tones of nudes, peaches and pinks across the board. The best thing about it is the texture and staying power. I find it to be utterly non-sticky, yet very smooth (almost a creamy texture). It applies evenly and stays that way, with no yucky bits clumping around the lipline. It also lasts and lasts; average wear time for me (drinking from a straw but no eating) is 4 hours...seriously! I like it so much that it has become difficult to use any other gloss. Sephora carries the line in some stores and also online. 5 Lippies, all the way!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the colour Sante, which is a natural light pink. I can honestly say that this is the worst gloss I've ever used. At first, it smells vaguely of cherries, but once you put it on, it tastes downright offensive, almost like cardboard. It is also extremely thick and sticky. I got next to no value for my money buying this. It's very low quality... you could probably find something much better in a drugstore brand. I'm definitely returning this, and after this horrible first impression, I think I'll steer clear of this brand for good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is close to HG for me. I have this gloss in Melon, which a sheer pink that brightens my face and compliments my pale olive skin. I think the texture and smell of this gloss can be a bit polarizing -- the below review mentions that it's heavy and greasy, which is true -- but I like that. It's not sticky, and I've found that it applies evenly and feels really good on. It feels similar to NARS gloss in application, but those can be a little gloopy at first, then patchy...the Bite doesn't do that. It evenly coats and spreads across your lips, which makes wearing it worry-free and awesome, if you ask me. This line has some interesting colors, but I don't think a lot of them are flattering for regular folks (this is especially true of the lipsticks, though their texture is AMAZING). Packaging isn't flashy, basic and sturdy but still kinda sexy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

I really wanted to love this product from Sephora. It's a Canadian company that uses food-grade ingredients and has interesting shades. Unfortunately, the products haven't delivered for me. I have the gloss in Beet, a cool pink shade. The smell and taste is strong, like chemical bubblegum and grease paint. While it's not sticky, it feels heavy and a bit greasy. Lasting power is average. I'm using it every day in the hopes it grows on me. The gloss is better than the tinted balm, though. The tinted balm is the biggest disappointment. The lid doesn't stay on at all- it even came off while sitting in my stationary purse on the counter. Inexcusable for the price! It's heavy, greasy, and not very moisturizing. The pigment is weak and doesn't evenly apply.I REALLY wanted to like these products, but the company has to up their game if they want to compete and charge over $23 CDN. I'm glad to read positive comments about their lipstick. UPDATE: I don't use this anymore, since the taste and smell are so bad and strong.