April 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Moisturizers - 100 Percent Pure - Pure Argan Hydration Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ellka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The new plastic packaging is a little weird. The pump will release more product as it goes back up to normal position so you need to pump less than u want then catch the extra. Owise it's more manageable than a lot of other pumps out there.

Favorite daily sunscreen so far. My skin tends toward dry and I use lots of treatments and a light moisturizer with much less SPF so this goes only around eyes and rosacea areas, unless ill be outdoors all day (then I skip the other moisturizer and use this all over). It's hydrating but not greasy at all. Must apply it in smallish sections quickly or skin absorbs the moisture and it gets dry and harder to spread. It soaks in very well and leaves no residue at all.
Yes there's a white cast for a few minutes but really is gone after 5 or so.

Mineral powder goes on fine after a minute. I'm not sure yet about the effectiveness of the SPF. I'll see after a day outdoors tomorrow. I'd been using other ss as backup thru winter skiing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by rstark14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

There is a lovely, soft texture to this lotion. It goes on white but disappears after a little while. I love that there's no scent. My face is not oily or shiny at all. Overall, it's functional because it's so healthy and safe for your skin and it's cosmetically elegant.

$26 for 1.6 ounces is a bit pricey, but it's worth it because this product delivers in both the moisturizing and sunscreen department.

What i don't like the the tube pump. The picture is that of a bottle pump, which I would prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

I love!!! I have oily acne-prone skin and it helps my skin stay matte without irritating it. My face looks brighter and more alert compared to when I had none on. The bottle was a bit annoying towards the end. The dispenser stopped working so I had to open the bottle and pour it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by mzjhene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I contacted100% Pure to ask if they use NANO particles in their SPF products, and they said they NEVER use them.

It's pretty remarkable that this product doesn't turn your face white, despite being completely NANO-free.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by sultry

I keep forgetting to review this moisturized. Used it this summer and I still have 1/4 left. Towards the end of summer, I forced my boyfriend to used it up but he said it doesn't work. Truly, I don't like it too much either. Aside from it feeling nice on my skin, the SPF doesn't really work. The argan content must be quite low as most high potency argan products are very moisturizing. Not this one, it feels watered down. 100% Pure cheaps out again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm giving this only 4 because of the nano thing (tho' I think nano zinc oxide is supposed to be relatively OK)--otherwise, I love this as a sunscreen for the face. Unlike other reviewers here, I find it isn't greasy as compared to most other sunscreens out there, and I can say this having used it in the humid tropics all summer! In fact, I found on the days I used it on its own without some light moisturizer underneath my skin felt a little on the dry side. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jbow

I bought the Argan Oil moisturizer about 2 months ago to compare to the 100% Pure Pomegranate moisturizer (SPF 20), which I had been using for over a year. The additional SPF is a definite plus and I feel that the argan oil seems to be more moisturizing. I use it under the 100% Pure Healthy Skin liquid foundation and they work well together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Natura11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually loved this moisturizer! It was very light and I used 1 up for the summer and enjoyed the quality on my skin. A bit on the oily side, but I liked it as it is based on pure argan with the SPF. But I do think they uses nano particles which aren't natural. Nonetheless I think I'm going to buy this again next summer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because of all the hype about the benefits of Argan oil and the fact that it's a chemical free sunscreen is a big bonus. I've also read that zinc oxide is supposed to be good for acne prone skin.

Sadly, this product is not a winner from 100 Percent Pure. It will definitely be too heavy for oily and possibly combination skin types. I have very dry skin at the moment (I'm on accutane) and it still didn't fully absorb into my skin. To make matters worse, this product turns my mineral makeup a strange orangey shade. At first I was concerned that my makeup has gone bad (unlikely for MMU), but as soon as I stopped using the argan SPF underneath the makeup, the shade returned to normal.

Also, this product breaks me out in little white pimples. It's getting sent back.

Lastly, since the zinc is virtually transparent, they're definitely using nano-particles, which may potentially be harmful and goes against the whole "100 Percent Pure" philosophy.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It pains me to write a bad review for 100% pure, because I love their philosophy - and most of the products. I really like the SPF20 pomegranate lotion, and was excited for a similar product with an SPF of 30. The lotion is nicely textured, and not too oily or too dry. However, there was something in this that made my skin itch like mad! Seriously, I wanted to tear off the skin on my forehead. After having this happen each time I wore the product, I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the Argan moisturizer was what was causing it. I returned it to 100% Pure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No