Chanel Le Vernis LE-- Graphite

4.9

on 5/27/2015 2:05:00 PM

I have it for couple of years and can't say that I reach out for it a lot. It has some green-ish undertones and can be worn only in late fall winter, in my opinion. Not a classy polish, won't repurchase.

on 2/8/2015 10:15:00 AM

This deserves all the raves. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous nail polish. I think many skin tones could wear this.

Neutral and can be worn with anything.

Also a great year-round shade, although I think this is particularly great in Winter....I am not typically a fan of glitter or sparkly-type nail polishes, but I do love this one!! Smooth as silk on the nails!!! Application for me was like butter!!!

If I had to do a "just one" type of answer, where I could only have one nail polish ever, this would be it!!

on 8/23/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Color: Oxidized silver/ gunmetal dark pewter with silver sparkles and GOLD SHIMMER. tons of gold shimmer

Applies: very easy/forgiving formula, 1 coat to make opaque

I just don't understand how a dark grey toned nail polish could be so AMAZING. I'm not the type of person who likes dark grey nailpolishes. However this is seriously a stunning shade. How could a shade like this work? It not only works but is gorgeous.

this is a unique and hard to duplicate shade. I would suggest everyone buy this even though it costs $20. It's special and worth it.

on 6/6/2013 1:20:00 AM

Really pretty. Presents as a silver, but in the right natural light, you can see the subtle golden/champagne tone of it as well. Sadly, it's too subtle and chips SO easily, so I can't give it a perfect 5.

on 4/20/2013 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely one of my favorite Chanel polishes. It's silvery, but more rich and complex of course, as all Chanel polishes are. I generally loathe glittery polishes, but this just works. It's also long-lasting, as the glitter actually lasts longer. According to my manicurist it's also harder to remove, which makes sense. It's sexy and fun. Perfect for the office or a night out.

on 8/11/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love My Private Jet as a neutral for everything, but that is not a summer color for me; I have been wearing Designer Da Better for a lighter summer neutral. However, DDB shows up with a strong lilac tint against my skin so I was looking for something that was more of a pewter-toned metallic that would be versatile for my everyday pedi wear.

In searching the boards I came across Graphite and thought it looked and sounded beautiful but thought "TWENTY-SIX dollars? Are you #?*! kidding me????" But I couldn't find anything more like what I wanted in swatches. Long story short I took the dive.

The pictures online give a great idea of the depth of the color and the sheen in indoor light, but do not do this beauty justice in the sunlight. In outdoor, direct light, the finish of the polish has a luxe, special fire which I can picture on Coco Chanel's original customers sunning along the Riviera or on the deck of a cruise ship to the Mediterranean. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it. I wish I HAD seen something exactly like it that cost twenty dollars less. So far, no luck.

If you think you are interested, you can swatch a nail at any Chanel counter-do a couple of coats and take yourself outside to judge whether you think it is worth the extra $$$. As it turns out, I do :)

on 8/6/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what I can say about Graphite that hasn't already been said, but I love it so much I purchased a backup - which, at $25usd a bottle, means I really love it! I only need two coats to be opaque, and best of all, if it does chip, you can just slop some more polish on top of the chip to cover without worrying if you can see the line. This would be gorgeous for a wedding or party, but is also neutral enough to be totally work appropriate. Wish Chanel would make this a permanent addition to their nail polish line!

on 7/9/2012 10:48:00 PM

Looks gorgeous in the bottle and just as lovely applied. This is my foolproof go to nail polish. It's the easiest to apply and the formulation masks any ridges or bumps my nails may have. The color is a charcoal silver with multifaceted micro glitter that flashes silver, gold, and even a touch of green to my eye. It's a showy and beautiful polish, but not over the top at all. This is now the front runner for my wedding day manicure.

on 5/17/2012 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A nice metallic silver, with flecks of gold rather than being straight silver. It is quite glittery, and depending on how you apply polish, you may need several coats.

I picked this up on a whim after hearing about it on the boards, in duty free, and I didn't have a base or top coat (gasp) for once in my life. Usually polishes last for a week or two without chipping when I'm at home, but surprisingly, without any base or topcoat, this hasn't chipped on me at all for the week I've been travelling around and lugging around bags and whatnot.

Quite impressed!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has to be my favorite nail color from every brand in the world! It looks so nice - its grey in normal lightning but at the same time its still very glittery. I just love it! I have been wearing at every party since I got it for christmas. Amazing!

Popular Polishes