August 1, 2014 | 1798 users online

Highlighters - Rouge Bunny Rouge - Seas of Illuminations -Sea of Clouds

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the product for several months and I am in love! I am very pale and was worried that this product would look too shimmery on my skin. However, the shimmer is subtle and refined. It does not look like a glitter bomb hit my face and looks glowy and natural. I use this product by mixing in a pump with my sunscreen and apply it to my face that way. I know that many people like to mix this product in with their foundation and I imagine that that would work very well, too. Another plus of this product is that it does not clog my clog and breakout-prone skin. The pump dispenser makes applying the same amount of product each time easy to accomplish, is not messy, and avoids wasting product. This product is expensive but you get a lot for your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by 77pink

Beautiful!!! Love how it mixes with foundation, lotion etc. blend beautifully into my skin. Gives my skin a beautiful radiant glow! Perfect for a highlighter. A little goes a long way, and I often find the pump dispenses too much. One Lilly removed because I hate how this product still has parabens. Everything else I love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

I love the seas of illumination. They are just a gorgeous product. So far I have seas of: Clouds, Trainquility, and Showers. Clouds is my least favorite because it's a little stark on my NC25 skin. I can see this being stunning on very pale skin. The shimmer is finely milled, doesnt accentuate pores, and blends beautifully. I just prefer Seas of Trainquility, and Showers.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jet8848

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sorry to bring the rating down on this product but it didn't work out for me. It didn't blend into my skin just was very patchy. The sheen was barely visible and what was there didn't last long. Maybe Zuneta shipped me a bad bottle? I also broke out on my cheeks which I never do. I had small hard bumps. Anyone want a slightly used bottle? LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love ...... finally a highlighter that shows up as a highlighter on my pale NW 10 skintone ........ I love the look of highlighters on a woman's face and I was always so envious that I could not find a product that would work for me ...... Chanel's Luna worked nicely but unfortunately it was a LE ....... I liked Lorac's Luminizer, however, this added more of a glow, however, Sea of Clouds is perfection ...... I can add this to moisturizer if I want a glow, however, I want that highlighted effect and this works perfectly ...... I just received this and I was surprised not only how well it worked, but that it looked NATURAL ...... it blends like a dream (and I used my fingers) ..... I added a bit to my cheeks and my forhead and was so pleased ...... the only issue is that I had to order from Zuneta which is overseas (there is a store in the US that carries it but they were temporarily out of stock,) however, Zuneta shipped my product same day and I received it three days after ordering.) I am so impressed with the quality of this product, that I want to look into the rest of the Rouge Bunny Rouge line ....... I am so pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't describe how happy i am i've discovered RBR's liquid highlighters! In my opinion, they are some of the best highlighters on the market! They come in 4 shades. Sea of Clouds is a pearly white highlighter but it is the least universally flattering shade of the range since it can look ashy on deep medium/tan/dark skintones.

-------------------------------
Pros:
-------------------------------
1) Highly pigmented
2) Very blendable
3) Long-lasting
4) Multi-use (they can also be mixed with your foundation or body lotion to give a subtle glow to the face or body respectively, they can be used on the lid as a wash of colour, they can work as eyeshadow-base and you can also mix/layer them with your lip products)
5) They don't settle into pores/fine lines - i've actually notice that they provide a blurring effect rather than accentuating pores/fine lines
6) The bottle they come in has a pump which is great from a hygienic aspect

-----------------------------------
Cons:
-----------------------------------
1) You must be careful when squeezing the pump, because it can dispense a lot of product

-----------------------------------
Price/Value:
51Euro for 30mL/1.01oz

Don't be put off by the price, since one bottle will last you a long time, even if you use it daily, since you need a tiny amount of product every time considering how pigmented they are.

-----------------------------------
Overall:
-----------------------------------
One of the few products that have reached HG status for me (by the way, i have all 4) and i will keep repurchasing them for as long as they keep making them!
**For reference, i am NC17, neutral-leaning-yellow undertones with combination skin that is extremely clog & blemish- prone

Ingredients:
------------------------------------
AQUA, MICA, CYCLOMETHICONE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SQUALANE, SODIUM POLYASPARTATE, BEHENETH-30, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYL DIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOHEXADECANE, MELISSA OFFICINALIS, CARBOMER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, PARFUM, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, POLYSORBATE 80, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, XANTHAN GUM, TOCOPHEROL, CELLULOSE GUM, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, FRUCTOSE, GLUCOSE, SUCROSE, UREA, DEXTRIN, ALANINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, ASPARTIC ACID, BENZYL SALICYLATE. (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lilblacksky

I love this so much. It gives this beautiful glow-from-within to my light skin (KvD Light 42) and somehow seems to reflect light in a way that blurs my imperfections. Moonlight in a bottle! It can be used sheer for a natural subtle sheen or built up for a gorgeous glow. I rarely used highlighter before this but now I use this every day, that's how much I love what it does for my skin! It has a slight pleasant fresh cucumber-rose scent that is very faint and disappears quickly :) I've been using this for a month or two and it has not broken me out (so far).
The only thing is that a full pump will give me more than I need since a little bit goes a long way. I have to be careful and only press the pump a tiny fraction of the way, or else end up having to use the remainder on my decollete/clavicles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

After testing countless of highlighters...I finally bought this and never regretted it. I was deciding between Becca shimmering skin perfector and RBR sea of clouds. Becca is a little less pricey but the shade I wanted was out of stock for the longest time. I waited for 1 month and decided to go with a few of my fav blogger's recommendations to get RBR instead.

Yes this is a beautiful highlighter. No doubts about this. Product wise I will give it 5 lippies and would not hesitate to buy it again. Why is this product a better buying choice over becca? Firstly...Becca looks too natural on skin. Yes it looks like sparkles of diamonds on skin swatch. But when u apply it on skin its a different story. Becca looks like a layer of oily skin. yes it is nice. But it looks like sebum. Look at the mirror 4 hrs later and my face looks greasy. RBR has some beautiful shimmer in it. However the beautiful shimmer looks distinct from my oily t zone and I can still differentiate the highlighter and my cheeks. For becca I cant tell if its oil or highlighter.
Both products lasted the entire day on my extremely oily skin. Becca takes 3 times the quantity of RBR in terms of application. That means I need to apply 3 times the amount i usually do for RBR to make the highlighter visible on my skin.

In a nutshell buy RBR over becca. It can look extremely beautiful on hand swatch but what matters is how it is gonna look on your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by planetnars

Beautiful packaging and lovely texture. However, this does not blend properly when applied directly to skin. It looks obvious and not smooth as a highlighter should look. This is wonderful to mix into foundation, tinted moisturizer, and body lotion so therefore it is not completely without merit but I don't think this is by any means a star product compared to other Rouge Bunny Rouge offerings.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh goodness, I wanted to love this. I really did, and honestly, part of me still does...even though it does not agree with my skin at all. If you're looking for a beautiful, subtle pearly highlighter that can be layered for more intensity, then you might want to give this a go. In the winter, this gives my NC10 skin a beautiful luminosity. In the summer, well, it doesn't last very well on my combination/oily skin. The most disappoining thing with this product is how it breaks me out. Just an hour after wearing, my skin starts itching. The next morning, I'll wake up with one or two small, itchy pimples on my cheekbones (a lovely place for breakouts, of course). I cannot continue using the product until they disappear, because it would be silly to highlight my blemishes. If I don't get the itchy pimples, I get milia, which are even harder to get rid of. I obviously wouldn't repurchase this product because it doesn't agree with my skin or last as long as a $70 product should, but it is beautiful and definitely worth trying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No