April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Highlighters - Rouge Bunny Rouge - Seas of Illuminations -Sea of Nectar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a bronzer on me! The official description of the shade is "gold-in-rose to give a pale copper luminous effect" and i completely agree with it! I find it to be by far the most universally flattering shade of the range since it can work as highlighter for medium/tan/dark skintones, without looking ashy and it can be an excellent bronzer for pale/fair/fair-medium skintones.

-------------------------------
Pros:
-------------------------------
1) Highly pigmented
2) Very blendable
3) Long-lasting
4) Multi-use (they can also be mixed with your foundation or body lotion to give a subtle glow to the face or body respectively, they can be used on the lid as a wash of colour, they can work as eyeshadow-base and you can also mix/layer them with your lip products)
5) They don't settle into pores/fine lines - i've actually notice that they provide a blurring effect rather than accentuating pores/fine lines
6) The bottle they come in has a pump which is great from a hygienic aspect
-----------------------------------
Cons:
-----------------------------------
1) You must be careful when squeezing the pump, because it can dispense a lot of product

-----------------------------------
Price/Value:
51Euro for 30mL/1.01oz
Don't be put off by the price, since one bottle will last you a long time, even if you use it daily, since you need a tiny amount of product every time considering how pigmented they are.
-----------------------------------
Overall:
-----------------------------------
One of the few products that have reached HG status for me (by the way, i have all 4) and i will keep repurchasing them for as long as they keep making them!
**For reference, i am NC17, neutral-leaning-yellow undertones with combination skin that is extremely clog & blemish- prone
Ingredients:
------------------------------------
AQUA, MICA, CYCLOMETHICONE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SQUALANE, SODIUM POLYASPARTATE, BEHENETH-30, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYL DIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOHEXADECANE, MELISSA OFFICINALIS, CARBOMER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, PARFUM, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, POLYSORBATE 80, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, XANTHAN GUM, TOCOPHEROL, CELLULOSE GUM, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, FRUCTOSE, GLUCOSE, SUCROSE, UREA, DEXTRIN, ALANINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, ASPARTIC ACID, BENZYL SALICYLATE. (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sea of Nectar
I now have all for of the illuminators. I didn't get this my first RBR order because I thought it would be too dark on my NC25-30 ish skintone. I did get a sample of it though and knew I had to have it. It looks dark and scary but it sheers out to a beautiful sun kissed peachy glow on me. Absolutely fantastic! PACKAGING: I think this lid clicks in a lot better than the other ones I have for some odd reason. But aside from that it's in a gorgeous glass (?) packaging with lovely designs. My one tiny gripe is that the pump dispenses way to much product at first, but later as you use some of it up, it's a little easier to control. PRICE POINT: I think it's waaaay expensive, but sadly I love this so I can't help but cave and buy this. I think the conversion is somewhere around 70 USD? Which IMO is insanely expensive. PRODUCT: It has a nice faint sweet slightly "plant" smell to it, but it quickly fades. It has a nice cooling feel to it somewhere between gel and liquid. It's dries somewhat fast so you need to blend quickly or else it will look a little uneven. My suggestion is start out applying a little and gradually add more. It's easier to add than to subtract! I also love to blend this into my foundation, or more often my SS/moisturizer for an all over luminous glow. This is not like any other liquid highlighter I've used, it's subtle and NOT glittery and just gives a nice, not oil slick, glow. Fantastic product, for that price this baby better last me forever, which it may as a little goes a long way!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No