April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Loose Powders - Australis - Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by bec96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used to use this product and still have most of it left. It did the job of setting my foundation but made me look so white, especially in photos!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mjolkchoklad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! Makes my skin look and feel velvety smooth after I apply it over my foundation, bronzer, highlighter and blush. I needed to reapply it every 5-6 hours but I haven't found a finishing powder that lasts longer than that anyway. The only downside is the awkward packaging (screw on cap so I have to listen to scrapey chalk sounds every time I open and close the container).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Starkers27

I love this product! First time i have tried a translucent powder and i love it, awesome to finish a look and makes all the imperfections blue out to nothing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by missmacmoo

Great product - gives your skin a matte finish. However after a while my foundation can transfer onto things that touch it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm genuinely surprised with this. Australis products are usually 'try hard, but don't quite get it right' for me. Well, I guess it's a cheapie brand and the products (colours, glitters and glitzes, etc.) are targeted at the youth market.

Nevertheless, last summer I was desperate to find a translucent setting powder that would control my oilies around the T-zone (I mean a genuinely translucent powder, not one of the coloured 'translucent' powder which are hit and miss for skin tones, especially when you have pale skin and have developed the sallow tones of an ageing complexion).

I can go through 5 sheets of blotting paper just to de-slick the sides of my nose, chin and just above the eyebrow line on my forehead just to get things de-gooped enough to apply a dusting of powder without it adhering to the grease. Blech! For summer, this is an all-over my face over my CC or BB cream setting powder. It seriously helps stop the oilies for a few hours. For winter, it's just for the oily areas as it's too drying and shows up every crepey line on my cheeks and around my mouth: that's where my lovely ELF translucent powder comes into the picture. Meh, so I have to use two brushes so as not to mix 'em. I can live with cleaning two brushes.

Do go carefully with applying it. You really only need a tiny amount, well tapped off your brush (my winter brush for this product is a mini kabuki brush to ensure I only powder the areas I need to). You will end up with a white tinge to your face if you overdo it, so make certain your primer, foundation or CC is properly set before you start dusting it on. Matte, but not flat (or with a frosty finish).

Yay! No more seriously toxic Ben Nye for me! Cheers, Australis, for getting this right! Now, could you please make a pressed version for touch-ups during the day?

P.S. I've only given it 4 lippies because I want perfection in a powder... but I doubt that I'll ever find one that stops the oilies AND doesn't dry out my skin in the winter.

P.S.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by berrydanaxx

oh australis! i know you are an affordable drugstore brand in australia and i do love your products but for me, this powder didn't work as well as my expectations were set. sure it did give a nice touch to my foundation and mattify my face and not look cakey, but i found that the oils of my face came to surface after a few hours. by the end of the day, my foundation oxidised and my skin was shiny. i was a clearly a greaseball
if you have oily skin / normal oily skin / combination oily skin, please make sure you wear a mattifying primer and preferably a foundation that has oil controlling features because this powder keeps oils at bay TEMPORARILY. after that, you will need to either do touch ups or blot your face.
Also, i was not a big fan of the packaging. when you open and close the lid, it leaves a small fog which can get a bit messy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I really wanted to like this based on the great reviews here, but this powder seems very average. It doesn't mattify very well (I get greasy on the nose in an hour) and I don't feel like it prolongs the wear of my makeup either. It also has this chalky consistency for a loose powder that is oddly reminiscent of corn starch :s Additionally, as others have mentioned, don't even think of wearing this powder if you're going to be in flash photography because it will give you the dreaded ghostly look.

On the plus side though, it is an inexpensive product so there's not much of a loss if you want to try it. If you live in the US (which I don't, unfortunately), the Lucy Minerals calcium carbonate translucent finishing powder does a much better job in my opinion...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for setting foundation/bb cream when you don't want it to look obvious or powdery, just really natural and not too shiny.

As a loose powder, it can be a bit messy, but it's not hard to apply, just tap off the excess product and pat onto the face with a fluffy powder brush. It lasts for a good while on my normal/combo skin, I just touch up my T-zone after about 5ish hours which is fine with me!

However, you do need to use this VERY sparingly, otherwise it leaves your face looking a little bit pale and ashy, which is a shame. Not a big deal in some ways, but something to be aware of, and something which shouldn't be an issue with a truly translucent powder!

I really like the effect this gives, but I think that there are other powders out there that truly live up to their translucent claim. However, I'll give it four lippies overall, as it's an affordable option that (when used sparingly) looks great on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by blushhour

Amazing setting powder. This is a true translucent powder and will add no coverage so don't expect it to. It will however mat gift your makeup and set it to last for pretty much all day. I love it to set my concealer under my eyes and maturity my t zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my first setting powder, really nice stays on for the whole day and not much is needed to do the job. The packaging is a little average but for the price it outweighs expectation. The white color is slightly transferable but not enough to put me off. Would definitely buy this again but still looking to advance to the Ben nye translucent powder