August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Sheer Twilight

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Sheer Twilight is part of the new Caress fine frangrance elixirs. I've always loved Caress body washes. They smell so lovely and they are so inexpensive. My two favorites in this line is #1 Sheer Twilight and #2 Passionate Spell. To compare, Passionate Spell is very sweet. I find that it can get sickening if I use it daily. I would consider Passionate Spell to be a warm scent. Sheer Twilight has a bit of a calone scent to it. It is a little powdery and sharp florals. Sheer Twilight is a cool crisp scent. The scent stays on you for a long time! It doesn't wash down the drain like Philosophy body washes. The only con with most Caress body washes is that they don't lather that well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell to this body wash was an instant smell of pure disgust to my nostrils. It was too strong and it had a pungent odor that resembled rotting fruit. Wasn't worth the buy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will tell you the real, secret reason why I love this: it smells like Revlon Flex Shampoo! Now, though I am not hella old, Flex has been discontinued a long time and I never even owned it. Whenever I went swimming at the public pool as a child I would use my friend's shampoo/conditioner in the locker room afterward, because the stuff my mom bought was like some organic herbal shit that didn't make bubbles, didn't smell good, and didn't clean my hair. I was like, 'shampoo is a stupid and unpleasant thing'. So I had a secret obsession with Flex.
Now when I picked this Caress wash up at the drugstore I was enticed by its curvy bottle, deep purple color, and the promise of an 'exotic' scent experience. Plus I was hoping for a lot of lather. Sheer Twilight delivered on all of that, but the winning point was that when I closed my eyes, suddenly I was 9 years old, in my green and white striped swimsuit with the straps all twisted, back at the pool showers covered in a cloud of Flex shampoo bubbles. I am sooo happy. I am living the life of nostalgia.
Somebody please validate me! Tell me this smells like Flex to you as well, or at least is a close brush with that long-gone shampoo's amazing scent! Tell me I'm not just telling lies to soothe my soul.

My academic theory is that it's the juniper in the scent that is reminding me of the balsam in the Flex scent, because, hey, they are both either a tree or a shrub, right?

If you are not looking to recreate a childhood thing about Flex Shampoo, and maybe are just looking for a body wash that smells really good and will soap you up, I recommend this also for you.

Last thing: when trying to play it cheap and buy the generic version of any Caress soap, be wary of the Target and the Equate knockoffs: the soap inside is good, but the flippy cap is pure suck. If it is not already broke on display, it will break in the shopping bag and ruin all your stuff, or break in your shower and ruin your shower goodness.

That is all.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hm,this body wash doesnt quite lather well like the other ones.I prefer body washes to lather and you have to use a LOT of this to even get some bubbles,I probably won't buy again but I gave it 3 lippies for the lovely scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell of this shower gel & it has a lot of lather. It does everything it says it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by hhhheaven1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would really like to have a lotion and a body spray or perfume to match the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

During the fall and winter months, I switch from my usual Burberry Brit to Calvin Klein Euphoria. I find this body wash works perfect with my body chemistry for layering scents. It doesn't match exactly to my Euphoria, but it complemented it well. I get it for around 3 dollars at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by alpha8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this smells so good. lathers very well.. need a body lotion to go with it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the fragrance of this...very feminine and sexy, but subtle. It does linger on the skin well after my shower, and like other reviewers before me, I wish there was at least a matching lotion to layer with this. Also, these are always on sale, I think I got mine for $2, which is amazing for such a large bottle. Will repurchase, and am excited to try the other Caress Exotic scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by violetskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore it. The smell is intoxicating, and it lasts, which is nice. You can also get a good lather going with just a little bit. I alternate between this and Caress Evenly Gorgeous.