Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream

3.8

Water, Butylene Glycol, betaine, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Trisiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Beta-Glucan, Magensium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Cocamid Mipa, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, C12-16 Alcohols, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCL, Mannitol, Menthoxpropanediol, Behenyl Alcohol, Serine, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, VP/VA Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Calcium Citrate, Threonine, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, MEA-laureth-6 carboxylate, PPG-5-laureth-5, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Histidine HCL, Triethanol amine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Frangrance/.

on 7/26/2015 6:11:00 AM

Good moisturizer, but not exciting. Rich, dries down ok.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It seems thick but once in apply it the gel just sinks right in. If you have very dry skin i probably wouldn't suggest this since it is for combo skin. I have very oily skin and this does not exacerbate it. If anything my skin might be slightly less oily. I feel like my makeup goes on well after this. The smell is very light, definitely not perfume-y, and only lasts for a super short while. I really don't like that it comes in a little tub because i always prefer a pump, but i can deal! Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have really dry skin in the winter. So clinique's dramatically dramatizing moisturizing gel isn't enough for me. I came across this and I do think this is superior in terms of how moisturizing the gel is compared to the clinique's.

However, it does have a sticky texture and a fragrance which people may be turned off to. I was bothered by both initially but realized after application, both does go away, so I was fine with it. I don't like how little there is and I don't like how the packaging is shaped. It's hard to reach to get all the creams at the end! I wish it was shaped just like the clinique's. I also realized this cream has a bit of a cooling effect on my skin for me. Whenever I applied this and HOURS later, I touched my skin, my skin would be cold. I actually liked that because it made me feel more hydrated for some reason?

But this is my favorite gel cream at the moment. I don't know if I will go back to it for the summer because it does feel a bit heavier than the clinique's, but still, I would recommend it for people who are looking for a gel cream a little bit more moisturizing than the clinique's but dislike creamy-textured moisturizers.

on 8/14/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this after reading so many positive reviews on MA and was glad to find that it lives up to its effectiveness. Highly recommend!

Having developed dry skin over winter and finding that many higher-end gel based hydration moisturizers (from samples) failed to give results, I opted to just live with my dry skin for the rest of the winter until I came across the Water Bank Gel Cream. Seeing so many positive reviews in MA, I opted to give it a go. Honestly I was skeptical at first as many products with positive MA reviews failed to impress me. However, having used the product was 2 weeks, my skin is no longer dry and instead smoother than it has ever been. I didn't even realise that my skin could be this smooth as I usually do not use hydrating moisturisers as I have oily/combo skin.

Packaging is really classy for the AUS$35 that I paid, and is comparable to higher-end packaging. Mine came with a spatula so no hygiene problems there, although I do find that with the spatula I end up using more product than necessary. Smell is really nice fresh scent and gel glides on smoothly with quick absorption thus no-stickiness after application like you would with heavy creams.

on 6/11/2014 3:55:00 AM

In terms of moisture, it is quite moisturizing and works well to keep the skin hydrated and plump. I have dry skin in the winter, and when I used this cream during those cold, dry months, it successfully prevented my skin from usual dryness. Thumbs up for moisture.

Thumbs up for texture (and scent). Light, fluffy, and creamy. The scent is a lovely floral, but fragrance (listed last on the ingredient list) is never a good thing to have. I never got a bad reaction from it, and my skin is pretty sensitive, but for those who usually react to fragrance, please use with caution.

Packing is cute and sturdy, though definitely not hygienic. Thumbs down for packaging.

Price is pretty steep ($32 @ Target) for the quality of this cream. It's too basic and would make more sense if it was priced at $20. For $32, there should be more beneficial ingredients.

I would not repurchase this, unless the cost changes or the packaging and the ingredient list improves.

on 5/8/2014 9:12:00 AM

Love the Laneige Water Bank line it is keeping my skin clear and hydrated. This is my last step in my skincare or sometimes at night I throw on the Water Sleeping Mask. As a combo girl these products have been amazing on my skin! This is like putting hydration back into your skin as well as plumping my skin up. I will sometimes just put some extra on my smile lines and it just plumps them up. Before I go out at night I will use the sleeping mask then rinse use my Laneige serum and Balancing emulsion then this and my skin is so clear and even toned. I read on the site that the water line helps with skin turnover and redness too.Also the site has everything backed with scientific results I kinda dig that.

I suffer from redness and being seriously prone to breakouts with this line I do not have to worry. Even with the scent which I really like it does not irritate my sensitive skin. It was amazing because once my skin became properly hydrated all my skin problems started to go away! I think being Combo and being so dry this winter it really did a number on my skin. This moisturizer is helping to bring it back. I do use aha serums like Mandelic acid so I don't always use the Laneige serum. I do however always use this moisturizer and it is amazing after peels! It's so cooling and soothing! Plus after peels my skin can get so dry this really helps with the peeling.

If you have combo to dry skin this is a great line in general to try out. I get it at my local Target which, makes it more pricey but I don't have to worry about shipping overseas. I also like the ease of being able to pick up a product when I need it. If you are like me and have combination skin give this a shot because once your skin is balanced mine at least behaves so much better. It's not a miracle worker, but is an excellent moisturizer for combination skin. I do not like the jar but al least it comes with a spatula.

The packaging is very pretty but not travel friendly at all...bummer.:( They do have travel size sets and I will get one because this line is making my skin so happy. I do switch up my skincare, because I find for me like shampoo and conditioner if you use it for too long, it doesn't work as well. At least this is my case so I use other products to but mainly this because I know it works for me. You only need the smallest amount so this will last for quite a while. This is a great product and if you need balance and good hydration this is something to try. It has even helped my acne prone skin! If you are curious about Laniege it's a great line of skincare that I most definitely say give it a try. Recommended:)

on 4/14/2014 11:25:00 PM

After this reading good reviews about this product, I came to Laneige store and bought a jar of it. I use it twice a week during winter and reduce to once a week in summer. I apply a thick layer of this gel cream and leave it there for a night. It's not too sticky or smelly. You can find it sticky for the first few minutes you apply the cream onto your face, but that's normal for that large amount of gel on your face. It will soon absorb into your skin in about 10 or 15 minutes. You wake up the next day feeling your skin energized and moisturized. I love it. Would definitely repurchase!

on 2/4/2014 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

On the 3rd jar, my daily routine, great moisturizer. Does not leave the cheeks & forehead oily. Feels light & smells really good. Product works well with other water bank products.

Power essential skin refiner (fancy name for toner) > Balancing emulsion > Water bank essence > Water bank gel cream

Laneige products are kind of on the high, starting from SGD40. But it's worth every penny.

UPDATE 11/9/2014

Been using the new dark blue packaging, formula changed, isn't as great as moisturizing as the previous light blue jars. I personally feel the new formula is great for those who have oily skin or those with combination skin towards the oily side, as the gel cream is less oily as the previous formula, less shine after application, & absorbs very well into skin. I might not repurchase this after finishing the new jar. I really hope laneige didn't reformulate it & am I able to find a suitable moisturizer? Sigh.

on 12/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

One jar of this water bank gel cream lasted me for about 4 months, day and night use. A small amount goes a long way. It is moisturizing and cooling unlike some other gel moisturizers I used which lean towards the sticky/oily side. In the morning when you wake up, you wouldn't find your face greasy.

Results do show after using this moisturizer. At one point of time, I had small flakes and dry skin which can only be seen when applying foundation with sponge. After using this moisturizer, obvious result can be seen the next day. After using for 1 week, my partner commented that my face feels smoother. :)

The only bad point about its packaging the the shape at the neck of the jar. It is quite difficult to scoop out else, unhygienic if finger is used. Price wise, I feel it is at an average to expensive range.

on 7/30/2013 10:41:00 AM

I liked this gel-cream very much. It felt really thick but absorbed super quickly. I used this as a nightcream but would've worked well during the days too. The scent is mild. I could totally buy another one but unfortunately i have another cream i have to use first. Didn't break me out.

Popular Moisturizers