August 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Styling Products - DermOrganic - Firm Hold Volume Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by north76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mega volume, super- happy with it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I really do like using this from DermOrganic. The first time I used it, I was a little taken aback, not knowing what to expect, and was so surprised at my huge head of hair that appeared in the mirror when I was finished blow-drying. That's the only way I can put it so others can understand how this product worked for me.
I've used volumizing products before and I've had results that have made my hair "bigger", yes. But with the "larger" hair I also had stickiness that I knew I had to wash out the next day or the "larger" hair would flatten out too quickly or just very hard hair. Not so with DermOrganic Volume Foam.
My hair is fine but thick and chin length. I use about 5 pumps and comb it through while damp, then blow dry. I start upside down then finish off with a wide round brush. My hair is huge! But here's the best part for me. I can brush it again, and my hair is still huge, still has a shine, is not sticky at all and I still style it into whatever shape I want. The look is very natural and doesn't appear as if I've added anything to my hair. What more could I ask?
The product does make my hair feel a little harder, if that makes sense. But not a hard like feel a hair spray would make my hair feel like. Just a thickening hard I would call it. It's still soft enough to run my fingers through it.
To add more shine I add a few drops of an oil such as apricot kernel/coconut/shea butter etc., or you can add a glossing hair creme for the same effect.
With this product I find I don't have to wash the next day. Before I go to bed, I brush my hair well and run a few drops of oil through it again to nourish it. In the morning, my hair is still on the thick side, manageable and has a good shine. I have two options then. I can just put some conditioner in it, rinse out and re-blow-dry or just dampen it and finger-style it. I don't notice any particular scent to it that would interfere either with a scent that I'm wearing. It doesn't have one of those heavy hair product scents at all. It's a nice light foam that I simply comb through.
This is my first bottle so I don't know how long it will last yet. I love DermOrganic shampoo and the Masque which I also use on a regular basis. Since I've become a fan of this line, I'm adding the foam now. Since I've begun using DermOrganics my hair has certainly improved, I can definitely say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Before I discovered DevaCurl Styling Cream, I would have said this stuff is the bomb! But now I prefer the styling cream. However, this does a really, really good job and is $10 less than DevaCurl. The Deva will make it more "shiny". But this foam gave me wild, full, sexy hair (almost beach hair, but I had more curl). Wild is the best way to describe it. I have fine wavy to curly hair. Here is how I would break this down:
Pros:
*Great Volume all over - I might keep just to use at the crown
*Full wild/sexy hair (Think ChrisIssack "Wicked Thing" video)
*$10 less than DevaCurl products
*Fairly decent frizz control
*Can be used by itself

Cons:
*Dirty Feeling - You will probably want to wash your hair the next day...it will feel a bit dirty.
*Decent frizz control, but my hair wasn't as shiny as with the DevaCurl Foam, this left it more beachy

I think this is definitely worth a try. If you have really thick coarse hair, this may not be what you want. It seems like something more suited to plump up fine hair. I am currently deciding if I am going to keep it or not. I don't need it now that I am using the cream, but it is pretty darn good, not sure I am ready to part with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm amazed at how well this works in my hair. I wash at night, apply Dermorganic leave-in, then flip my head over and scrunch about five pumps of this through my damp, shoulder-length, fine, straight hair. I let it dry overnight and I wake up with bodified, touchable, non-crunchy hair that HOLDS A CURL! I would not call this a firm hold product--more like medium, but that's exactly what's want. The smell is faint and pleasant and I can't say enough about how silky and bouncy my hair has been looking since I've been using this whole line of products. Thickeners/volumizers are usually misses for me, but this is a direct hit!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I bought this because I love the DermOrganic oil and I had high hopes for the foam. It doesn't really give my fine hair any volume but doesn't make it sticky either. I have to wash my hair the next day because it feels very dirty though. I bought it online and couldn't return it anymore so I just threw it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No