Sigma E25 Blending (was SS217)

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I find this hard to use for blending as it becomes patchy on my eyes. maybe because I'm a beginner in makeup and I'm not accustomed to using it but I find RT's base shadow brush (part of eye starter set) better at blending. Sigma is also softer to the eyes but both brushes doesn't hurt the eye. It's just that E25's bristles are, I think a bit thinner. I noticed as well that the starter set 1's a bit fluffier than the starter set 2.0 limited edition base shadow brush–which is closer to the E25. I suggest trying Real Techniques first as you get more than what you've bargained for. though I still want to try other Sigma brushes.

I would upload a photo for better comparison but I don't know how. :-P

I had and loved the MAC 217. Still do. But I wanted more of them, and didn't want to shell out $25 for each. So I picked up 2 of these babies (they are normally $14 each but I got them on sale). And I love them almost as much. The MAC brush is ever so slightly softer and bushier, but I don't think this subtle difference is worth the not so subtle price difference.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the Sigma E25 brush off of NailPolishCanada.com for $20 CAD. I needed a good blending brush, but wasn't quite sure that the MAC 217 would live up to the hype.

This brush is fantastic for blending into the crease or creating a false crease. I use very subtle and neutral eyeshadow colours, and it gives me the perfect finish every time. The long handle is really great for controlling the placement and distribution of the eyeshadow, but I have found this brush can do washes of colour pretty well too. The bristles are not the softest, but are soft enough not to irritate my sensitive eye area.

It washes fairly easily, but I wish it came with a brush guard of some kind as it tends to lose its shape a bit. Overall I think this blending brush is good for the price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for the full size Sigma E25 I purchased off Amazon.

I had heard a lot of good things about this for blending eyeshadow, but unfortunately I found it on the scratchy side for my eyelids and prone to splaying out after washing. I need to use a lot more care with this brush than my other ones (using a brush guard, being more gentle when washing it) and it doesn't perform any better. I'll stick with the base shadow brush from the Real Techniques eye set which is slightly smaller and therefore more precise, and is about the same price but comes with 4 other brushes.

For me this is an average eyeshadow blending brush. It gets the job done but cheaper options I've used perform just as well, and require less maintenance.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the regular size Sigma E25 before I bought the MAC 217. At first it was okay, then after three washings it completely lost its shape, the bristles splayed and the top of the brush looks as if there is a hole in it. It's useless now. I recently found a travel size version if the Sigma E25 for $4.00 and it is of bette quality than the full size. I've washed it several times and it returned to it's shape. I still bought two MAC 217 brushes, but I use the travel size E25. I wouldn't purchase the regular size Sigma E25 again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was always one of those people that lacked skill in applying eyeshadow. I would often just wear eyeliner or if I did want to wear eyeshadow, I would just apply one color all over the lid. I could NOT grasp the art of applying eyeshadow. Of course, I would just use those little padded brushes that come in the palettes or my fingers *shudders*.

Then one day I was on Sigma's website buying foundation brushes (because your girl wasn't even about to browse the eye brushes) and I was sent the E25 as a free gift. And let me tell you, this brush is miraculous. It does all the blending for you. It is a blending genius.

If you do not have this, you need it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this brush, amazing for blending shadow, and crease work. If you are a beginner and are worried about over doing a smokey eye, this is the best brush for you. Perfect for building up color in the outer corner where the darkest shadow goes. Amazing quality. I recently purchased a bdellium brush for my bare minerals well rested for under-eyes and it is an amazing quality brush. And they have a similar brush to this one, so before I go and buy another sigma E25 blending brush I definetly will try out the ones by bdellium, I think it’s around 7-9$. So in the long run if I replace buying only sigma brushes with bdellium, I will save a lot. But that doesn’t take away the quality of this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a free gift,and although it's great for blending I don't really use it because I find it scratchy (other people have said they're soft... maybe I got a dud?).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got these as free gifts. I love it! I use it to blend colors together and to smooth harsh lines.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

loooove it. this brush is nice and soft. It's my one and only sigma, my friend let me pick out my xmas gift and this is what I got! I normally use an assortment of super cheap eye brushes from target but this practically replaces them all! you can use it to apply a wash of color over the whole lid, then just wipe it off and apply your crease color with it as well and then blend blend blend! I've used it every day since I got it! It definitely makes me want to check out more sigma brushes. I haven't noticed any shedding at all either. this is a must have!

Popular Makeup Brushes