Sigma E25 Blending (was SS217)

4.3

on 12/24/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for the full size Sigma E25 I purchased off Amazon.

I had heard a lot of good things about this for blending eyeshadow, but unfortunately I found it on the scratchy side for my eyelids and prone to splaying out after washing. I need to use a lot more care with this brush than my other ones (using a brush guard, being more gentle when washing it) and it doesn't perform any better. I'll stick with the base shadow brush from the Real Techniques eye set which is slightly smaller and therefore more precise, and is about the same price but comes with 4 other brushes.

For me this is an average eyeshadow blending brush. It gets the job done but cheaper options I've used perform just as well, and require less maintenance.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the regular size Sigma E25 before I bought the MAC 217. At first it was okay, then after three washings it completely lost its shape, the bristles splayed and the top of the brush looks as if there is a hole in it. It's useless now. I recently found a travel size version if the Sigma E25 for $4.00 and it is of bette quality than the full size. I've washed it several times and it returned to it's shape. I still bought two MAC 217 brushes, but I use the travel size E25. I wouldn't purchase the regular size Sigma E25 again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was always one of those people that lacked skill in applying eyeshadow. I would often just wear eyeliner or if I did want to wear eyeshadow, I would just apply one color all over the lid. I could NOT grasp the art of applying eyeshadow. Of course, I would just use those little padded brushes that come in the palettes or my fingers *shudders*.

Then one day I was on Sigma's website buying foundation brushes (because your girl wasn't even about to browse the eye brushes) and I was sent the E25 as a free gift. And let me tell you, this brush is miraculous. It does all the blending for you. It is a blending genius.

If you do not have this, you need it.

on 5/20/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this brush, amazing for blending shadow, and crease work. If you are a beginner and are worried about over doing a smokey eye, this is the best brush for you. Perfect for building up color in the outer corner where the darkest shadow goes. Amazing quality. I recently purchased a bdellium brush for my bare minerals well rested for under-eyes and it is an amazing quality brush. And they have a similar brush to this one, so before I go and buy another sigma E25 blending brush I definetly will try out the ones by bdellium, I think itís around 7-9$. So in the long run if I replace buying only sigma brushes with bdellium, I will save a lot. But that doesnít take away the quality of this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a free gift,and although it's great for blending I don't really use it because I find it scratchy (other people have said they're soft... maybe I got a dud?).

VMV

on 1/25/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got these as free gifts. I love it! I use it to blend colors together and to smooth harsh lines.

on 12/31/2013 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

loooove it. this brush is nice and soft. It's my one and only sigma, my friend let me pick out my xmas gift and this is what I got! I normally use an assortment of super cheap eye brushes from target but this practically replaces them all! you can use it to apply a wash of color over the whole lid, then just wipe it off and apply your crease color with it as well and then blend blend blend! I've used it every day since I got it! It definitely makes me want to check out more sigma brushes. I haven't noticed any shedding at all either. this is a must have!

on 10/4/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've just got this as a free gift. - I'll update later :)

on 9/30/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a no fail blending brush sent from the makeup Gods.... I used a 10% off coupon and got it for $9 and was sent a travel size E25 as a free gift!! The bristles are soft, non scratchy. It applies eye color true to shade and blends the product effortlessly. Amazing brush, no shed, weight is balanced, just all around excellent. Blends like a boss!

on 3/19/2013 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really great blending brush, and although I haven't had more expensive blending brushes before have heard that it is comparable to the MAC blending brush. It buffs out eyeshadow seamlessly and is also really good for use in the crease. The bristles are soft but not too soft - you still need a little bit of roughness to help stubborn eyeshadow to blend. One thing I don't like about the brush is that it wears out quickly after a couple of months use and become a little rough and hard to clean. I guess you should expect this with a cheaper priced brush! But if you can't afford a high end blending brush, this is definitely the best affordable option out there. Also, no fall out!

Popular Makeup Brushes