Dickinson's - Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner

Witch Hazel (all natural), Natural Grain Alcohol (14%), Witch Hazel Flower Extract

on 3/7/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It is an ok toner, but it doesn't drastically refines my pores.

It doesn't dries out my skin.

Although it does contain alcohol, but it's a natural kind, it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

The smell is strange. Perhaps it's just how witch hazel smells like?

It also came with a free sample of Refreshingly Clean Towelettes. It's the same smell as the toner, but since it's condensed into a little package, the smell is so strong, it's unbearable. But besides that, it does a good job of refreshing and cleaning my skin.

Great price, the bottle is huge.

I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I used to have the most gross and oilest skin. I actually suffered from a type of acne called comedomes from the clogged pores from my own oils. They look like tiny, skin colored bumps. It looks fine in some lightning, but in others it was gross. I got so irritated that I tried to pop them (bad idea), and they were angry and swallon like you could ever imagine.

I started reading online about witch hazel's benefits. I was researching and found this at walmart. I wasn't going to spend more than $7 on a toner. I'm on a tight budget. I believe I got this for $3 which was an amazing price for the amount you get. When I got home, I used a cotton round and used this. It kind of smells like wood in a way. It doesn't even sting your face and it's very calming. I applied it 2 times a day for 4 days straight and then I noticed a difference in the oils of my skin. The red and swallon zits were almost completely gone.

I usually remove my makeup in the shower with a makeup removing soap. I got out of the shower and used this on a cotton round, and to my surprise, I found TONS of leftover foundation that I couldn't ever tell was on my face. No wonder my pores were clogged.

I can't live without this product it's a lifesaver and it made me so much more confident in my own skin again. Even my mother, with the dryest skin, uses this and she loves it. My whole family uses this and now I'm half way out and I need more!! Lol, good thing it's so cheap!

on 1/31/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't usually use this on my face, prefer rosewater for that, but I always keep this around to clean the rims of my sunglasses. I kept getting breakouts right over the bridge of my nose and could not figure out why, then I took some toner on a cotton ball over the contact points on my sunglasses and YUCK. Breakout mystery solved! Now every time I wear my sunglasses I wipe them down with witch-hazel alcohol toner and I have stopped breaking out there.

on 12/16/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My HG product! I could not live without this toner. I have sensitive, dry yet acne prone skin. Basically, the worst of both worlds. My skin sucks. This toner 1) does not irritate my skin in any way, 2) does not dry me out, 3) does not cause break outs and 4) leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and rejuvinated. Like...wow. That is a huge first for me. I use it twice daily, once when I wake up and once before sleeping. I have trouble finding it here in Canada, so I have to order it off Amazon from the States- whatever, it's worth it. It has calmed my acne down and balanced out my skin. This is my fave product that I own.

on 12/5/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is efficient and budget friendly. It works wonders on acne-prone, oily skin and I enjoyed using it. Give this a try if you are having problems with pimples, blackheads and general oiliness. It stinks, though lol but who cares if it works, right? :)

I won't be repurcchasing this because now that I am on retinoids for hyperpigmentation, this is too strong for me. I prefer toners to be moisturizing and/or have nutrients in it.

on 10/22/2014 11:05:00 AM

This product help me a lot at cleaning and reduce roots of my face. I was thought that a toner with alcohol won't do nothing much, but after using a month, a had realized my roots around nose area was really reduce! AMAZING!!! The only problem is smell of alcohol and the package so easy to pour water out if the botle fall.

on 9/27/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing skin toner. It feels gentle on skin, non drying and helped my acne prone and oily skin a lot. I have my acne for almost 20 years now but this toner calmed my skin and I had never been this clear. I will definitely buy this again. It's a must try and also an affordable one. I'm so thankful I did the research.

on 8/25/2014 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used this product for more than 1 year. It helps on some acne but really never resolve other types of iflamatory acne. This works best mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar.

The smell you will grow to love.

on 7/3/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love it! I've seen good results within the 3 years I've been using this. My pores are smaller and my skin looks refreshed you must try it.

I can't explain what it is about this product that keeps my acne at bay but it works. I know this because every single time I switch back to my expensive kheil's calendula toner to finish the last bit of the bottle I break out. Using this Dickinson's pore perfecting toner after I wash my face both morning and evening is a must. You get a huge bottle for $4.99 at wal-mart. I mean, c'mon! It smells like witch hazel which I love. If you dislike the smell get over it and let your skin reap the benefits of the magical powers of 100% natural witch hazel! HG!