Dickinson's - Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner

Witch Hazel (all natural), Natural Grain Alcohol (14%), Witch Hazel Flower Extract

on 7/27/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using which hazel as my toner for a couple years now. I love how it is natural and soothing to the skin. This is the first time I have used this brand but I will definitely repurchase. It comes in a huge bottle so I bought a travel size mini bottle and I refill it with the Dickinson's toner. It does have a scent but it smells like witch hazel, personally I don't mind the scent it smells natural and earthy to me but I know the scent isn't for everyone. The toner itself leaves my skin smooth, calmed, prepped, and ready for bed. I only use it at night before I go to sleep and then use whatever moisturize I have over it. Also it helps depuff the eyes in the morning if you have that problem, I personally don't but my sister does and she enjoys it for that reason. Over all would definitely recommend for those in need of a natural good for the skin toner. Love love it.

on 7/20/2015 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just bought this yesterday because I read a lot of great reviews and wanted to add a toner to my beauty routine. I am SO GLAD I got this!! It makes such a huge difference after cleansing to clean and tones your pores while also restoring your skin to its proper pH. My face does indeed feel soft and smooth. It's amazing what cheap, simple things like this can do for your skin without spending so much money on department store products!

on 7/7/2015 10:06:00 PM

This is some good ish. Not only does it control oil but it continues cleaning after you wash your face and it feels really nice on skin. It's refreshing. It lasts awhile. I got my fiancée hooked as well. Must have!

on 7/7/2015 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a couple months ago to try since I had heard good things about it.It controls oil on my forehead as well as make pores smaller.It also makes my moisturizer absorb better and my skin feels extra clean when used after cleanser. It didn't dry my skin out,but I just use on my oily t zone.It's not the best toner but it's a great cheap alternative at 2.99 on sale at CVS.

on 5/31/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is one of the many products I've tried to control oil and breakouts, but it is not effective for that. It does cleanse gently, but with my skin, I need the big guns. If I use this, I add tea tree oil to augment it.

Broke me out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have recently done a complete overhaul of my skin care routine and have been using natural alternatives and, let me tell you, it's soo worth it. I can't say that I just don't get breakouts anymore because I mainly have struggles with hormonal acne (I'm starting to take Vitamin A, Zinc, and Vitamin B6 supplements to help with this) but using this witch hazel has (not drastically but significantly) reduced my pore size and I have far fewer blackheads. Another thing I like about this toner is that it doesn't have as strong a witch hazel scent as other brands I have tried (and I'm not a big fan of the smell so this is a definite plus). The price is perfect ($5 most places) and I like the packaging—it's simple and it has a nice dispenser so you don't end up dumping way too much on your cotton pad (you do need to get the hang of it at first but it is very easy to get the amount you want—I completely SOAK the pad to avoid pulling and rubbing at my skin too much). I use 2-3 times per day (and if I'm lazy replace my initial cleansing and just use this prior to moisturizing) for about a month (maybe a month and a half) and I've used about a quarter of it so it's extremely cost effective.
I would definitely buy this again but I actually am planning on trying out Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (Alcohol-Free) to use facially and using this one on my legs/unmentionables after I shave (helps SOOO much with razor bumps/burn) so I don't just waste the rest of this bottle. I'm not sure if that one will be better but I wanted to add Aloe into my routine for acne scars and I know rose water is great for acne so: here's hoping! I'll post a review on that after I've been using it for a month or so.

I didn't like the Thayers Rose Petal/Aloe Witch Hazel (I've done a full review if you wanna check it out), going to be making my own next: http://bodyunburdened.com/diy-all-natural-pore-perfecting-rose-facial-toner/)

on 3/7/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is an ok toner, but it doesn't drastically refines my pores.

It doesn't dries out my skin.

Although it does contain alcohol, but it's a natural kind, it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

The smell is strange. Perhaps it's just how witch hazel smells like?

It also came with a free sample of Refreshingly Clean Towelettes. It's the same smell as the toner, but since it's condensed into a little package, the smell is so strong, it's unbearable. But besides that, it does a good job of refreshing and cleaning my skin.

Great price, the bottle is huge.

I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I used to have the most gross and oilest skin. I actually suffered from a type of acne called comedomes from the clogged pores from my own oils. They look like tiny, skin colored bumps. It looks fine in some lightning, but in others it was gross. I got so irritated that I tried to pop them (bad idea), and they were angry and swallon like you could ever imagine.

I started reading online about witch hazel's benefits. I was researching and found this at walmart. I wasn't going to spend more than $7 on a toner. I'm on a tight budget. I believe I got this for $3 which was an amazing price for the amount you get. When I got home, I used a cotton round and used this. It kind of smells like wood in a way. It doesn't even sting your face and it's very calming. I applied it 2 times a day for 4 days straight and then I noticed a difference in the oils of my skin. The red and swallon zits were almost completely gone.

I usually remove my makeup in the shower with a makeup removing soap. I got out of the shower and used this on a cotton round, and to my surprise, I found TONS of leftover foundation that I couldn't ever tell was on my face. No wonder my pores were clogged.

I can't live without this product it's a lifesaver and it made me so much more confident in my own skin again. Even my mother, with the dryest skin, uses this and she loves it. My whole family uses this and now I'm half way out and I need more!! Lol, good thing it's so cheap!

on 1/31/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't usually use this on my face, prefer rosewater for that, but I always keep this around to clean the rims of my sunglasses. I kept getting breakouts right over the bridge of my nose and could not figure out why, then I took some toner on a cotton ball over the contact points on my sunglasses and YUCK. Breakout mystery solved! Now every time I wear my sunglasses I wipe them down with witch-hazel alcohol toner and I have stopped breaking out there.