April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Silk Stockings Solid Body Tint

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

This might work for some people but it just wasn't the right color for me which is why I will not repurchase. That said I like the shininess and feeling of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by yousraelhankouri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale because i wanted to try it out for a long time.

Pros:
- It's a hard balm but when it comes in contact with skin it melts perfectly, I think this is because it's made out of Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter
- Its metallic/frosty and does not contain any big glitter particles, it gives my skin a beautiful sheen/glow.
- Conditioning and moisturizing
- It smells like rose, jasmine and cocoa.
- Many uses.

Cons:
- I don't like the smell of cocoa.
- while applying the balm, it melts on your hands because of the packaging so wash your hands afterwards or you might get stains on your clothes.

How i use it:
- My favorite way of using it is on my lips! looks and feels amazing on my lips. Feels exactly like a lipbalm but looks like a lipstick or a lipgloss.
- As a highlighter or a blush, it looks amazing!
- On my legs and arms

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sally Hansen airbrush legs in the lightest shade is my favourite way to make my stupidly white legs look less frightening. But it can be messy and time consuming to apply, so this is for when I don't have the time/patience. It adds a pinky-gold sheen to the skin which just softens the whiteness by adding some warmth and vibrancy. I do wish it was a little more pigmented thoughm because smells really strongly floral, to the point where I feel it's overbearing if I put it on heavily. Saying that, Burberry Brit is the heaviest perfume I feel comfortable wearing (which I;ve heard described as light vanilla), so it's probably just my chemisty rather than the product. It looks lovely on the collarbones and arms too, and I'm going to try it as a blush as a reviewer suggested before me. If you are pale and feel a tan is just going to be too much but you still want something to make your skin look like it's "glowing' try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an interesting product that can be used in a few different ways. It can be used as a regular massage/moisturising bar, as a body tint to even skin tone, or as a cream blush.

I love using it on my face to give a subtle glow to my cheeks. it doesn't clog or break me out. The smell is a light vanillary scent that isn't at all overwhelming.

I find as a body tint it doesn't last very long or absorb very well.

I probably won't buy this again, but it's a good product with a bit of novelty value.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I like Lush products, but I do need to be careful when purchasing them because many of their scents can be overpowering and give me a headache. I love Silk Stockings. It goes on smoothly, and give me soft, dewy skin. I'm not pale, but neither am I tan so this product is amazing just because it gives my skin some dimension with the shimmer without going overboard. Also, the smell is light and not overpowering at all.

Word of caution, it does melt easily, so keep it out of the sun or anywhere warm. This product is expensive, but it does last quite a while. I just wish the packaging was better. Lush sells most of their products "naturally", and then they put them in a little bag for you to take home. If you want a tin to keep things in, you have to pay about 3 extra dollars. It just causes more of a mess if you don't buy a tin (especially with the bar shampoos because water will break them up). Just for the amount you pay for this, though, I feel they should package it in a way that is user and eco-friendly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LUSH likes to make products without packaging, since all that junk uses up limited resources and plugs up landfills. This product has no package - but if you buy two massage bars or body butters you get a nice little reusable oval tin free, and that's where i keep this.

Silk Stockings is a cute 3-D heart shaped multipurpose bar. First, it is chock full of cocoa butter and shea butter to moisturize and soothe your skin. Second, it adds a hint of warm pinky color to pale pasty skin - doesn't look tan, but at least my legs are no longer fish belly white. It also has a subtle shimmer to add dimension. And third, it smells lovely, with rose and jasmine absolutes, and sandalwood oil.

To use, just carefully hold the sculptured bar between your fingers and gently rub along your skin. Then put the bar down and massage the moisturizing butters into your skin. If you do want to look tanner or you are naturally more deeply colored, there's the similar but darker Black Stockings Solid Body Tint (listed here in MUA as Black Stockings). Neither is a permanent or semipermanent color, and will wash off with your next bath.

One has to be a bit careful with this: it is primarily a chunk of cocoa and shea butters, so it can melt in hot weather. In that event, keep it in a naturally cool dark spot, or in the fridge - i know that people often keep other skin care products in there in the summer.