September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Liner - 13 Mat Black

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Alesssandra

Black matt: When I tried it at the store on my hand it looked really thick and nice. On my eyes though, the color was not so thick , but a little waterry. The good thing is that it stays in place the whole day, the bad thing is that if you wear it on the beach/pool, pieces tend to fall out. nice result on the eye, but tricky..Also, packaging problem: near the opening of the package it dries and its hard to open. You cant even clean it. It was ok, but I wouldnt buy again.I ll prefer the one I used before, Mac liquid eyeliner.
Diamond blue: I bought those two eyeliners together. The black one was ok...but the Diamond blue shade...really awful!! It was water with a bit of color. No matter how much I shake it, its so waterry that you cant tell I m wearing it. Not even with 2 layers. Pricy too. I wont be buying again, dissapointment compared to other products of MUF.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've got extremely oily lids and this is the only eyeliner that I've ever used that is truly waterproof, smudgeproof and literally lasts all day. I don't even need to apply eyeshadow primer 1st. But washing off may need a little effort.

The packaging is a bit of a problem. The liner dries and crusts near the top so it doesn't screw well and i once spilled the contents out. Also, the colour black is not very dark as some ladies would like, but still it's ok with me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by lovebomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Definitely waterproof: it survived pool parties, music festivals, etc
- Long-lasting: I've had 18+ hour days and at the end of the night, it looked exactly like how I applied it earlier in the morning
- Edited to add: Easy to remove despite it being waterproof (came off with my face wash and water, no makeup remover needed)

Cons:
- Flakey: if you rub your eyes or scratch the eyelid if you're itchy, it will come off in flakes
- Coats your eyelashes: when I tried to use this to get in between the roots of my eyelashes, it would also get on my eyelashes. Not sure if people mind this, but I definitely did as it made my eyelashes look really clumpy when I put on makeup
- Inconsistent: towards the end of the eyeliner's lifespan, the formula got REALLY watery and the pigment only came out in flakes... so basically instead of solid black, I was getting murky brown/black water with specks of black here and there. Yuck.
- Edited to add: Don't leave this sitting around for a long time, because it will dry up around the opening and you'll pull out huge lumps of eyeliner at a time

Unlike others, I wasn't bothered by the non-matte finish of the eyeliner. It doesn't end up looking glossy on my eyes, so I don't have any complaints about that.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by qnvicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Read many good reviews and decided to give it a try. Not worth it! The liner is streaky if you don't shake it and requires two or three layers to get the look black enough...waste of time. The felt tip brish is hard to control, i prefer the pointed bristle brush types better. The bottle is hard to open and a lot of product dries up around the opening so I ended up pulling chunks of dried up liner and throwing it away. So the bottle only lasted me 1 month max. Overall a disappointment. I have switched to Maybelline Ultra waterproof liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The one I bought was #7 the sparkly black and it was not worth the money. The color was gorgeous and comes out nice and pigmented if its shaken well (this takes quite a while) but it flakes very badly if I do not prime and powder to set. That being said for tight lining its just amazing, with primer and powder of course. However for it's price I really do think it should be better quality; although this is the first eyeliner that had stayed on me relatively well (save for a bit of flaking) tightlined for the duration of school. I would repurchase if the Mac liquidlast does not work but a liner of this price should've stayed on me without the primer and powder or at least without flaking . All in all it's good, very good, but not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The formula of this eyeliner is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liner. The main difference is the applicator. The tip of this applicator is pretty stiff which is easier to use compared to the super bendy UD liner but something in between would be ideal. Being waterproof, it does tend to flake after several hours but does not smudge. The black does dry to a glossy finish rather than the matte black that the #13 is supposed to be. Not a big deal for me though. While I do love the concept of a waterproof eyeliner, I would rather get a very smudgeproof regular eyeliner compared to a waterproof one that has the risk of flaking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by gracieelouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner applies very well - I actually like the fact that it has a semi-glossy finish and not a matte one which is misleading since the name of it is "Mat Black."

The reason I'm giving this a 3 is because if you do rub over it once or twice, the dried eyeliner does tend to flake off. I'd rather it smudge than flake so I won't be buying this eyeliner again. Another complaint I have is that the applicator tip isn't flexible so it's kind of hard for me to apply thick lines, though it's perfect when winging for a thin line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner has incredible staying power. It dries almost instantly, and does not smudge or smear. You can rub at it right after you apply it, and it won't smudge at all. It has far more lasting power than most other liquid eye liners I've tried.

The applicator tip is soft and flexible - easy to use. Packaging is pretty standard.

There's no funky smell, and it did not irritate my eyes at all, which has happened to me when I've tried liquid liners from other brands. My eyes tend to get very red when I use liquid liner, but this did not happen with the MUF liner.

My negative take on this product is that it does not dry to a matte finish. It dries to a glossy finish, which is common in waterproof liquid eye liners. However, the name of the liner itself leads you to think it is matte, but it's not (Color 13 Mat Black).

Despite the incredible staying power, I can't get over the glossy finish it leaves behind, so I won't be repurchasing it. Disappointing for such an expensive and well-formulated product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Bumboo

Disappointing....I tried the #7, (a plum black colour with sparkles) I was very excited when I tried it on my hand. I was looking for a waterproof liner for a vacation to a hot and humid climate where I would mostly be on the beach. The most disappointing part of this product is the fact that you need to apply at least 2 layers to get the look just right because it is streaky. But want really did it for me was trying to get it off. I'm all about removing all of my makeup before bed and would never dare skip doing so. Needless to say, it took me 4 cotton pads (for each eye) with an eye-makeup remover to get it off. I don't like to excessively rub my eyes when removeing makeup, however becasue this product comes off in a flaky way you almost have to scratch your lid to get it off. Not enjoyable. Though the selection of colours are gorgeous I prefer using the Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof which is long lasting with a waxy texture and comes in this amzing Jade #50 colour. I'll be taking that to the beach instead. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hotmetalchicky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I do kind of like this liner, but it is not my favourite by a long shot and it has plenty of drawbacks. It doesn't set instantly, so sometimes it smears close to the inner eye just from my eye moving whilst I go about doing the rest of my make up. It is extremely hard to clean up as it smears everywhere, ruining my eye shadow. If you aren't super confident with liner, this is not for you as clean up is a nightmare. It also sometimes flakes off in places, particularly the outer corner of my eye. When I go to use my lash curler it often removes a chunk of the liner, so I have to be careful, my other liners don't do that. I always get a little on my lashes (I have tons of them and they're very long, so get in the way), it ends up making my mascara so clumpy that I've had to use a cotton swap and waterproof remover to sort my lashes out, it doesn't comb out easily at all. I prefer a tiny bit more flex in my nib, this is precise but I wish it flexed more. I sometimes struggle to open it and more often than not, the neck that stops all the product from coming out, pulls off with the lid. It can take me a good few tries to get it to go back in. Tbf though, my GOSH one does this too.

On the plus side, it is very pigmented and waterproof. I prefer GOSH's liner to this and it's more user friendly. The only real USP of the Aqua Liners is they come in a huge colour range. I'd buy other colours, simply because the only come in this range, but I wont purchase the black. For what it's worth, I paid trade, but they still aren't cheap.