Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #13

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Really gr8 eyeliner! Idk why all the negative feedback, although I haven't gone swimming or God forbid, cried wearing it. I don't partake in either activity much but I do have to use lubricant eye drops & at times my eyes are very watery/rheumy. Also sensitive eyes w allergies & this does not burn or irritate my eyes. I really love this eyeliner. The tip is awesome it's very precise kinda like wetnwild H2O has a similar tip to me & is a dupe sort of (inferior to me but good I mean if ur on a beauty budget. I still keep one around coz I still do like it too. I am trying to build up my HE collection thou.). MUFE makes the greatest wings ever & is easily removed w Estée Lauder makeup oil free remover easily no need to be tugging all over that delicate eye skin area so arm urself w some decent eye makeup solvent. I got this in black & it's very inky super back but first off there is a small learning curve: u shake it up really good then if ur line is going a little grey merely means the applicator needs to be dipped into the ink well for some fresh ink then it will draw black again but this eyeliner I dip into the ink w this eyeliner much more often than other liquid eyeliners. Not sure if I'm using this up at a faster pace rate coz of having to dip it back frequently we will see how long this lasts in terms of months, but that's all there is to MUFE Aqua liner. It is pretty waterproof on my rheumy eyes, & resists flaking or peeling off. $19 is a lot to me in general but it was worth it to me, I usually buy either high end makeup or else the cheapest of the cheap there is no medium lol I'm the type who doesn't want to spend $10 on Loreal when I can get MUFE for only $19 + tax seems like wasting money on DS ESP since I'm likely to order the high end product anyways eventually so it's saving me money not to buy the DS one when ur just gonna order it. The Aqua lineup was designed for the Parisian Aqua ballet for being in the water for long periods of time like 5 hours and wanting their makeup to not go south. I like the liquid better than the kohl pencil for sure but the MUFE Aqua products delivers their promise. This eyeliner is my new favest, I usually am on to next latest greatest thing but I'm going to def repurchase this & I would rec'd this. I have used tons of eyeliners, I am an eyelinerophile of sorts, liquid, pencil, gels ... Many brands from DS to HE & I have the problem of my eyeliner breaking down or oxidizing from having such oily skin (eyelids), or fading & the MUFE stays until I decide to take it off; no eyeliner is perfect in my experience but the fact that this doesn't disappear or go down my cheeks when my eyes are watering, doesn't sting if I get it in my eyes from sweat, & doesn't give me pandas/run down my cheeks. I think it is a little overpriced but under my limit (I try not spend more than $20 on a single item usually unless it's really special or a palette.....$10 on an item for DS). A good black liquid liner is like a black dress u can throw on effortlessly chic & every female should own both. Black liquid waterproof eyeliner is life!! It's an essential.

on 1/9/2015 1:46:00 PM

I expected more from this product. At first the felt tip is hard and it takes a couple of uses to soften. It drys very fast while applying it, which is not horrible but if you have to apply more liner it gets clumpy/ flaky on the lid. It also drys and clumps around the opening of the jar. It is okay if you like a thin simple liner, but I personally like a thick dramatic cat eye. I would understand if the liner was getting old, but I recently bought this liner along with the blue, green, and purple. I going to assume that I will have the same problem with the color liners. And these liners are not cheap. Ill continue to use them but will not repurchase them.

on 10/4/2014 9:41:00 PM

This eyeliner has been my staple for 1 year and a half. I have hooded eyes and every liquid liner smudges on my upper lids. Except for this stuff. It has an easy to use applicator, perfect for fine lines or chunks or thick lines, dries quickly, doesn't smudge, and comes off easy. Literally my favorite eyeliner to use. It lasts (for me) 5-6 months so the $24 price tag isn't so unbearable.

on 9/28/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Black matt: When I tried it at the store on my hand it looked really thick and nice. On my eyes though, the color was not so thick , but a little waterry. The good thing is that it stays in place the whole day, the bad thing is that if you wear it on the beach/pool, pieces tend to fall out. nice result on the eye, but tricky..Also, packaging problem: near the opening of the package it dries and its hard to open. You cant even clean it. It was ok, but I wouldnt buy again.I ll prefer the one I used before, Mac liquid eyeliner.
Diamond blue: I bought those two eyeliners together. The black one was ok...but the Diamond blue shade...really awful!! It was water with a bit of color. No matter how much I shake it, its so waterry that you cant tell I m wearing it. Not even with 2 layers. Pricy too. I wont be buying again, dissapointment compared to other products of MUF.

on 8/22/2014 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've got extremely oily lids and this is the only eyeliner that I've ever used that is truly waterproof, smudgeproof and literally lasts all day. I don't even need to apply eyeshadow primer 1st. But washing off may need a little effort.

The packaging is a bit of a problem. The liner dries and crusts near the top so it doesn't screw well and i once spilled the contents out. Also, the colour black is not very dark as some ladies would like, but still it's ok with me.

on 8/12/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- Definitely waterproof: it survived pool parties, music festivals, etc
- Long-lasting: I've had 18+ hour days and at the end of the night, it looked exactly like how I applied it earlier in the morning
- Edited to add: Easy to remove despite it being waterproof (came off with my face wash and water, no makeup remover needed)

Cons:
- Flakey: if you rub your eyes or scratch the eyelid if you're itchy, it will come off in flakes
- Coats your eyelashes: when I tried to use this to get in between the roots of my eyelashes, it would also get on my eyelashes. Not sure if people mind this, but I definitely did as it made my eyelashes look really clumpy when I put on makeup
- Inconsistent: towards the end of the eyeliner's lifespan, the formula got REALLY watery and the pigment only came out in flakes... so basically instead of solid black, I was getting murky brown/black water with specks of black here and there. Yuck.
- Edited to add: Don't leave this sitting around for a long time, because it will dry up around the opening and you'll pull out huge lumps of eyeliner at a time

Unlike others, I wasn't bothered by the non-matte finish of the eyeliner. It doesn't end up looking glossy on my eyes, so I don't have any complaints about that.

on 8/31/2013 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Read many good reviews and decided to give it a try. Not worth it! The liner is streaky if you don't shake it and requires two or three layers to get the look black enough...waste of time. The felt tip brish is hard to control, i prefer the pointed bristle brush types better. The bottle is hard to open and a lot of product dries up around the opening so I ended up pulling chunks of dried up liner and throwing it away. So the bottle only lasted me 1 month max. Overall a disappointment. I have switched to Maybelline Ultra waterproof liner!

on 7/31/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The one I bought was #7 the sparkly black and it was not worth the money. The color was gorgeous and comes out nice and pigmented if its shaken well (this takes quite a while) but it flakes very badly if I do not prime and powder to set. That being said for tight lining its just amazing, with primer and powder of course. However for it's price I really do think it should be better quality; although this is the first eyeliner that had stayed on me relatively well (save for a bit of flaking) tightlined for the duration of school. I would repurchase if the Mac liquidlast does not work but a liner of this price should've stayed on me without the primer and powder or at least without flaking . All in all it's good, very good, but not worth the price.

on 5/26/2013 2:37:00 AM

The formula of this eyeliner is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liner. The main difference is the applicator. The tip of this applicator is pretty stiff which is easier to use compared to the super bendy UD liner but something in between would be ideal. Being waterproof, it does tend to flake after several hours but does not smudge. The black does dry to a glossy finish rather than the matte black that the #13 is supposed to be. Not a big deal for me though. While I do love the concept of a waterproof eyeliner, I would rather get a very smudgeproof regular eyeliner compared to a waterproof one that has the risk of flaking.

on 4/30/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This eyeliner applies very well - I actually like the fact that it has a semi-glossy finish and not a matte one which is misleading since the name of it is "Mat Black."

The reason I'm giving this a 3 is because if you do rub over it once or twice, the dried eyeliner does tend to flake off. I'd rather it smudge than flake so I won't be buying this eyeliner again. Another complaint I have is that the applicator tip isn't flexible so it's kind of hard for me to apply thick lines, though it's perfect when winging for a thin line.