Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50

5% Zinc Oxide, 6% Titanium Dioxide. Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Nylon-12, Capylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phencythl Benzoate, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Tridecane, Dicapylyl, Carbonate, Dicapylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10-15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-9 Polydeimthcylsiloxyethnyld Iethicone, Alumina, Polyhyroxystearaic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Capylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides, PEG-8 Laurate, Disteradimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycapylylsilane, Tocopherol, Propylenen Carbonate, Artemia Extract, Benzoic Acid, C9-15 Flouroalcohol Phosphate, Peg-9, D46941/2.

on 6/21/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my fave facial sunscreen. I have been using it for a year now. I have dry, dehydrated skin. I am light skinned, with blue eyes, so I burn easily. I had IPL treatment on my face and décolletage this past year, so I wear sunscreen all year round (to protect my investment!). In winter, I use a vitamin c serum (currently loving Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics...also love Skinceuticals Serum 10 and C E Ferulic, but the latter is just so expensive....), a light moisturizer (LRP Toleraine Ultra or Bioderma Sensibio AR), eye cream (Algenist, currently), and finally this sunscreen. In summer, I skip the additional moisturizer (just vit c and this is enough).
I love the neutral colour and smooth, slightly runny, slightly moisturizing texture of this. Make sure to shake it well before each use, or it can come out a bit separated. I spread it all over my face, and then press my warm hands over my face to help it set. It looks like it's very sheer when it goes on, but give it a couple minutes (I will brush my teeth/do something else) to let it set, and then you see that your skin is more even looking, redness is neutralized, but it still looks like skin, just more perfected. I haven't used any other face makeup (foundation-type product) since finding this (was recommended it by my derm).
I do use concealer where needed.
As you do need to reapply sunscreen throughout the day, I carry ColorScience Sunforgetable powder with me, and dust that over my face at noon and again before heading home from work (much of my sun damage was on my left cheek - from sun coming through car window).
Even though this is expensive, I do use a generous amount. For sunscreen to work, you have to. One bottle still lasts me 6 months of daily use. And I love it so much, I'm willing to pay for it. My skin is worth it. (I just remind myself of the foundations/tinted moisturizers/BB creams that I'm saving money by not having to buy anymore, thanks to the combo of this and vitamin c.).
My mom has combinations-oily skin and she enjoys this product too, although she does add setting powder on top. She will try the matte version once we get it in Canada....

on 6/11/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! Admittedly the bottle is small, about the size of the palm of my hand. But it has a runny texture so it goes a long way. I use about 5 drops for my whole face. I have hyperpigmentation and this provides light coverage for my redness. Usually I wear this as a base and use concealer on just my problem areas. It leaves you a tad shiny but nothing a powder can't fix. Also, I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out further. I've worn this 6+ hours on a boat with no sunburn! And I've noticed my acne scars are starting to finally fade. Physical sunscreens <3 Really the only con is the price. I got mine for $27 on amazon.

Don't let the tiny bottle and simple packaging fool you- this stuff is a uva-fighting powerhouse!Housed in a very sleek, unisex bottle, the formula is runny and comes out in a very flattering, neutral beige tint. I think it would suit all skin types with the exception of the very fair. It's not as sheer as advertised. In fact, I use this instead of foundation on a daily basis. Usually, I burn very easily and within just a few hours of sun exposure. With this, there's no redness or obvious sun damage at the end of the day. Sadly, the cons of using this product outweigh the pros. For one thing, it breaks me out. The area where I break out when something is clogging my pores is along my forehead and on the sides of my nose. As luck would have it, these are exactly where spots appear when I use this sunscreen. Secondly, the price tag is too high for me to repurchase. I will use it because I love the coverage, color, application, and spf factor. However, I'd rather have clear skin and more money in my pocket.
*Update: I'm raising the rating to four lippies. I cut a few other products out of my routine, and I discovered that this actually wasn't the source of my breakouts. My only qualm with this product is the price.

on 4/22/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This sunscreen did not break me out, have a white cast (it's tinted)or feel greasy. The SPF 50 is also great. Unfortunately it dried out my skin whenever I wore it. I would get fine dehydration lines in places I never had them (Sort of like when your fingers get dry and crack / wrinkle up from washing too often with a strong dish soap.) and my skin would just overall look "scraggly" - almost like when you get a peel done. When I did not use it, my skin was back to normal. I also have the same reaction to Elta's sunscreen so I think the issue for me lies with using a Zinc/Titanium sunscreen that has too little added moisture to counteract the drying effects of the sunscreen ingredients. Anyone else who tends to have the same issue with sunscreens may want to take note and keep the receipt just in case.

It's a little expensive at $37 USD from my local med-spa but I don't think I would buy it again anyway.

Edited to add: I have been able to make this work and not be so drying by adding camelia oil to it before I put it on my face. However, I still won't be buying it again because I don't feel I should have to alter a product just to make it work.

on 4/5/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've finally found my HG sunscreen! I love that this is a physical sunscreen with no parabens. Before purchasing, I was worried that the tint was going to be too dark for my skin tone judging by the skin tones the product worked for in the other reviews, but even though I am fair it worked for me too! It's very watery when it comes out of the bottle but when you rub it on your face it becomes matte-like. The only other sunscreen I've liked is Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer and I would compare the powder-like feel of this sunscreen to that. I don't wear any face makeup but I do not mind wearing this--I look like I have a natural glow. Even though I have oily/combination skin, I put this sunscreen on over my Clarins Multi-Active Early Wrinkle Correction Cream and I do not get too oily.

To summarize: This sunscreen is physical, with no parabens, no zinc white cast, is a universal color, does not break me out, and does not make me oily! The color gives me a nice glow. The price is very reasonable, especially for Skinceutical products. Lastly, I know that Skinceuticals scientifically researches it's products before introducing them and I trust that this is adequately protecting me from the sun on a daily basis.

on 3/3/2015 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Felt a burning sensation when i applied this for the first time. I washed it off quickly, however my entire face peeled over the next few days.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So happy I discovered Skinceuticals Physical Fusion!

I've been a fan of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers for years. The formulation in perfect for my extremely dry skin. However, I've always had to layer a high SPF sunscreen underneath to get the protection my fair, sensitive skin needs. Skinceuticals has saved me a step in my morning makeup routine.

Physical Fusion is a sheer coverage tinted sunscreen with 50 SPF. It applies like Neutrogena Ultra Sheer liquid, but sets like LM tinted moisturizers. It's finish is satin/matte which make it perfect for summer and warm weather vacations. Also, with it being a physical sunscreen, it doesn't "tingle" (read: sting) my eyes the way a chemical sunscreen does.

And as others mentioned, the product does appear alarmingly greige out of the bottle, but changes color once applied to skin. Try it - you won't be disappointed!

on 8/25/2014 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- excellent 100% mineral protection
- slightly tinted (light beige) which is always better than plein white but is still light for nc25/30 complexion.
- covers minimal imperfections so can replaced foundation
- finish is satin/matte

Cons:
- i wish finish could be more matte (as far as i can remember the non tinted version had a more matte finish)
- a bit difficult to spread, it often balls up and takes a bit of time before it sinks into skin so i always put powder on top of it in order to "lock" it, because otherwise i feel like it sits on top of my skin.

Overall very good product, here in Europe it is so difficult to find 100% mineral sunscreens without being thick and greasy!

on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 PM

I hate wearing sunscreens.
They are soo important, but I always feel like they are an extra layer of something that interferes with my makeup.
But I'm allergic to chemical protectants, and is always looking for the lightest weight physical ingredient based protectors.
I have combination skin, so if something contains too much alcohol, my makeup also looks terrible.

I've heard so many good things about this product that it has been on my wishlist for a while and finally purchased them about 2 months ago.

They raised the price a few months ago. I honestly don't like $32 price tag on a sunscreen. but if its that good, I don't mind paying the price.

It does have a tint. a beige color that's too dark for my complexion, but it blends in and is almost transparent on the skin.
its very very liquidy and light weight. the first thin thin layer almost blends right in and is silky, but with second layer, it never fully sets and remains sticky..

There is nothing special about this. its just a liquidy sunscreen that has a lot of silicones in them to make them feel silky.
The tint does nothing - provides zero coverage. so there really is no point.
I might repurchase for the summer because it is one of the better titanium dioxide and zinc oxide based sunscreen,

on 8/11/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am falling in love with this sunscreen, please don't break my heart.My review is for the tinted version of this sunscreen. This sheer lotion has a pale yellow color which blends in ( NC40) on application. The finish is light and dewy without the greasy effect. Use a blush to finish off and I am good to go.This sunscreen did not give me the white/yellow cast. Hoping to God this product does not break me out after this review. So far all has been good. Have been using this product for a month without any issues. I bought this on Amazon for a good deal.
Update - Wore it to the waterpark and loved the way it felt on my skin, reapplied couple of times during the day without the greasy feeling!!!