Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50

5% Zinc Oxide, 6% Titanium Dioxide. Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Nylon-12, Capylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phencythl Benzoate, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Tridecane, Dicapylyl, Carbonate, Dicapylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10-15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-9 Polydeimthcylsiloxyethnyld Iethicone, Alumina, Polyhyroxystearaic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Capylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides, PEG-8 Laurate, Disteradimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycapylylsilane, Tocopherol, Propylenen Carbonate, Artemia Extract, Benzoic Acid, C9-15 Flouroalcohol Phosphate, Peg-9, D46941/2.

Don't let the tiny bottle and simple packaging fool you- this stuff is a uva-fighting powerhouse!Housed in a very sleek, unisex bottle, the formula is runny and comes out in a very flattering, neutral beige tint. I think it would suit all skin types with the exception of the very fair. It's not as sheer as advertised. In fact, I use this instead of foundation on a daily basis. Usually, I burn very easily and within just a few hours of sun exposure. With this, there's no redness or obvious sun damage at the end of the day. Sadly, the cons of using this product outweigh the pros. For one thing, it breaks me out. The area where I break out when something is clogging my pores is along my forehead and on the sides of my nose. As luck would have it, these are exactly where spots appear when I use this sunscreen. Secondly, the price tag is too high for me to repurchase. I will use it because I love the coverage, color, application, and spf factor. However, I'd rather have clear skin and more money in my pocket.

on 4/22/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This sunscreen did not break me out, have a white cast (it's tinted)or feel greasy. The SPF 50 is also great. Unfortunately it dried out my skin whenever I wore it. I would get fine dehydration lines in places I never had them (Sort of like when your fingers get dry and crack / wrinkle up from washing too often with a strong dish soap.) and my skin would just overall look "scraggly" - almost like when you get a peel done. When I did not use it, my skin was back to normal. I also have the same reaction to Elta's sunscreen so I think the issue for me lies with using a Zinc/Titanium sunscreen that has too little added moisture to counteract the drying effects of the sunscreen ingredients. Anyone else who tends to have the same issue with sunscreens may want to take note and keep the receipt just in case.

It's a little expensive at $37 USD from my local med-spa but I don't think I would buy it again anyway.

on 4/5/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've finally found my HG sunscreen! I love that this is a physical sunscreen with no parabens. Before purchasing, I was worried that the tint was going to be too dark for my skin tone judging by the skin tones the product worked for in the other reviews, but even though I am fair it worked for me too! It's very watery when it comes out of the bottle but when you rub it on your face it becomes matte-like. The only other sunscreen I've liked is Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer and I would compare the powder-like feel of this sunscreen to that. I don't wear any face makeup but I do not mind wearing this--I look like I have a natural glow. Even though I have oily/combination skin, I put this sunscreen on over my Clarins Multi-Active Early Wrinkle Correction Cream and I do not get too oily.

To summarize: This sunscreen is physical, with no parabens, no zinc white cast, is a universal color, does not break me out, and does not make me oily! The color gives me a nice glow. The price is very reasonable, especially for Skinceutical products. Lastly, I know that Skinceuticals scientifically researches it's products before introducing them and I trust that this is adequately protecting me from the sun on a daily basis.

on 3/3/2015 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Felt a burning sensation when i applied this for the first time. I washed it off quickly, however my entire face peeled over the next few days.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So happy I discovered Skinceuticals Physical Fusion!

I've been a fan of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers for years. The formulation in perfect for my extremely dry skin. However, I've always had to layer a high SPF sunscreen underneath to get the protection my fair, sensitive skin needs. Skinceuticals has saved me a step in my morning makeup routine.

Physical Fusion is a sheer coverage tinted sunscreen with 50 SPF. It applies like Neutrogena Ultra Sheer liquid, but sets like LM tinted moisturizers. It's finish is satin/matte which make it perfect for summer and warm weather vacations. Also, with it being a physical sunscreen, it doesn't "tingle" (read: sting) my eyes the way a chemical sunscreen does.

And as others mentioned, the product does appear alarmingly greige out of the bottle, but changes color once applied to skin. Try it - you won't be disappointed!

on 8/25/2014 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- excellent 100% mineral protection
- slightly tinted (light beige) which is always better than plein white but is still light for nc25/30 complexion.
- covers minimal imperfections so can replaced foundation
- finish is satin/matte

Cons:
- i wish finish could be more matte (as far as i can remember the non tinted version had a more matte finish)
- a bit difficult to spread, it often balls up and takes a bit of time before it sinks into skin so i always put powder on top of it in order to "lock" it, because otherwise i feel like it sits on top of my skin.

Overall very good product, here in Europe it is so difficult to find 100% mineral sunscreens without being thick and greasy!

on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 PM

I hate wearing sunscreens.
They are soo important, but I always feel like they are an extra layer of something that interferes with my makeup.
But I'm allergic to chemical protectants, and is always looking for the lightest weight physical ingredient based protectors.
I have combination skin, so if something contains too much alcohol, my makeup also looks terrible.

I've heard so many good things about this product that it has been on my wishlist for a while and finally purchased them about 2 months ago.

They raised the price a few months ago. I honestly don't like $32 price tag on a sunscreen. but if its that good, I don't mind paying the price.

It does have a tint. a beige color that's too dark for my complexion, but it blends in and is almost transparent on the skin.
its very very liquidy and light weight. the first thin thin layer almost blends right in and is silky, but with second layer, it never fully sets and remains sticky..

There is nothing special about this. its just a liquidy sunscreen that has a lot of silicones in them to make them feel silky.
The tint does nothing - provides zero coverage. so there really is no point.
I might repurchase for the summer because it is one of the better titanium dioxide and zinc oxide based sunscreen,

on 8/11/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am falling in love with this sunscreen, please don't break my heart.My review is for the tinted version of this sunscreen. This sheer lotion has a pale yellow color which blends in ( NC40) on application. The finish is light and dewy without the greasy effect. Use a blush to finish off and I am good to go.This sunscreen did not give me the white/yellow cast. Hoping to God this product does not break me out after this review. So far all has been good. Have been using this product for a month without any issues. I bought this on Amazon for a good deal.
Update - Wore it to the waterpark and loved the way it felt on my skin, reapplied couple of times during the day without the greasy feeling!!!

on 6/16/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

like the packaging, sanitary, clean, simple, good for travelling
expensive for small bottle

pros: lightweight, no flashback, feels good on the skin, high spf, don't think i break out from this

cons: stinks, not sure about the tint, drying on the skin make sure to moisturize well prior putting this on (i have really dry skin)

on 5/24/2014 9:17:00 AM

This is a light lotion that sinks in nicely. I like that it uses mineral spf rather than chemical ones. I definitely need an oil serum or cream under this cream as it is not moisturising in the least. Tint is barely there, there is no coverage. I like that it is fragrance free. But I really dislike that this contains so much silicones and other chemicals. A few added antioxidants would also be desirable.