April 24, 2014 | 1964 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nesti Dante Emozioni in Toscana Thermal Water Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love solid soaps, I love using them, smelling them and even seeing them makes me happy when I open my drawers. This soap leathers nice and has a fantastic smell , fresh and flowery. It has a complex and unique smell, it smells like a mastic in some notes, the one you chew. I like the clean smell of mastic very much, we put it in our deserts, ice cream, Turkish coffee and also make mastic liqueurs in my country. It has a chunky size and a great designed package. I normally never keep packages but I keep this and sniff it.

Before buying this soap, I've never heard of Nesti Dante soaps. After buying it, I googled it and found that it is a well known soap maker company in Italy. They make soaps in traditional way which I believe is the best way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't usually use bar soap, as it's too drying, but after getting a Beautyhabit catalog with this soap and the description, I had to have it, It didn't really have a good scent description, just something about ancient Rome and thermal waters. You get a very large (250g) bar in a beautiful heavy paper wrapping with gorgeous art (would make a great gift). This has to be the creamiest richest soap of any kind I've ever used. It's almost like holding a bar of solid cold cream in the shower. I found it to be very moisturizing, and only needed to moisturize those pesky places you always need lotion on, The scent was unusual...not the average floral/citrus that most Italian soaps have-maybe it was my imagination, but it almost smelled mineral based...like sparkling mineral water..unusual but refreshing. I'd love to try more of their soaps, but this bar, although creamy, seems like it will last a long time, For $9, this would make an elegant gift that looks and feels better than soaps triple the price. I thought Santa Maria Novella was good, but this beats that hands down for a fraction of the price.