January 31, 2015 | 1426 users online

Eyeliner - KOJI - Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:51:00 PM More reviews by nattynatnat

This eyeliner is not completely bad but one aspect of it makes it hardly usable.

I heard so many good things about this eyeliner so i finally decided to order it. The packaging is cute and the first time I used it I absolutely loved it. It went on so smoothly and stayed on all day despite any condition. It even stayed perfectly on my waterline. I really loved it and thought I found the perfect liquid liner.

The downfall was my second use. The tip was dry no matter how much I tried to apply. I shook it violently and it still didn't do much for me. I thought it was just a bad day and used it again the next day. It only got worse.

The eyeliner doesn't even come out from the tip anymore. There is only product on the side. I literally sat there for one and a half hours trying to apply eyeliner and let me tell you I am not bad at eyeliner by any means. I have pretty much mastered all types of eyeliner looks. Usually it takes me like 10 minutes to create any eyeliner look. But this product had me sitting there doing it for one and a half hours because it wouldn't go on smoothly. It was streaky and every time you try to fill in inconsistent gaps it creates, it erases the line you tried so hard to draw with this crappy product like a dry erase marker.

It only got worse and worse days after until I now consider this product almost absolute trash. Although I really hate it, it is a good eyeliner. The staying power is really amazing and the line looks super precise-- that is if you can get it on your eye.

I don't recommend this product because of how hard it is to apply. It's an absolute waste of money and time. It's a great formula but horrible product.

I will never understand the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

Cute packaging, super black and lasts all day. I have very watery eyes, especially if it's windy outside but this baby doesn't smear. Additionally, my super oily monolids doesn't even make the eyeliner smudge! I'm done finding my HG eyeliner. Mission accomplished.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 8:56:00 PM More reviews by eguo0124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand the hype behind this product.

I purchased this product from a Sasa in Hong Kong. Swatching it in the store, it seemed a little bit watery but I bought it anyways, simply because the internet raves about it.

Pros:
The eyeliner has a brush tip applicator, which is more precise than a felt tip and doesn't fray. It also doesn't smudge on the back of my hand.

Cons:
This liner is way too watery. It does not go on intense or solid black, so I end up having to go over it again. However, this is also the type of eyeliner that comes off when you go over it (similar to a dry erase marker). I've also noticed that it transfers to my upper lid (I have monolids).

Overall, I love the precision of the tip but the formulation simply makes application too difficult and affects the lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Quite possibly my HG eyeliner. Wore this with the Too Faced eyelid primer and this eyeliner has lasted through a nap, artificial tears (I have dry eyes), general day-to-day blinking and going about my business. Stayed on all day with no smudge. YES! Have tried Maybelline, MAC, Bobbi Brown, another Koji one which was a pencil type gel liner. This Dolly Wink one is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

This eyeliner is so good! The fine tip makes application easy, eyeliner dries fast, doesn't irritate eyes (works well with contacts). I purchased in Jpn for 1100 yen (~$11 US). You can choose to make a fine or thick line.

Unfortunately, it's 2x the price in the US. I don't think I would pay $20 for it, out of the principle knowing it's 2x the price. But I would definitely ask any friends going to Jpn to buy me a bunch of them lol.

If you decide to purchase while in Jpn, please note that drugstores tend to price differently. I shopped at several Jpnse drug stores, and I noticed Matsumoto-Kiyoshi had cheapest prices (there's a bunch everywhere, but one store is right at the famous Shibuya crossing. I recommend purchasing there bc they have a large selection of makeup, you can see a famous Japanese landmark AND run an errand. plus the store really wasn't busy considering at an incredibly busy intersection, so a nice break from the crowds).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by EriSays

Easy to use with a glossy black finish. I really like how straight the lines are when you use this product! I find that it lasts me 8+ hours without melting away from sweat/heat. Though I do agree that at times it tends to crumble near my inner corners. However, my wings never crumble! My first Dolly Wink pen lasted me over a year until it finally dried out. Sometimes I use the liner as a base to define my lines/wings before filling in with Estee Lauder's black gel creme liner. Depends on my mood that day! Overall, would recommend despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MewaC

This is my favorite eyeliner! Its so easy to put on- the tip is very flexible and gives you a really pretty line.

The bad thing is that the color wont be suepr black all day long. It lasts around 5 hours and then it beggins to fade. But you will still have product on at the end of the day tho.

The packaging is suuper cute, so is the product.

The price is pretty high in my opinion since there are eyeliners out there at 5-10$ that work fine. But this is the only one that easily gives me a perfect line.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by t0g3th3r

Seriously I don't know why people go crazy about this liner. I got one and it hardly worked. It's easy to use and it doesn't smudge (even when I have oily lid) but it fades out so fast. I was in my room, my AC was on and still, it faded out after about 3 hours. The only thing I like about it is the packaging. It sucks since I raise high hope for this and I really thought that it would be my HG eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second pen of this, about to buy my third. It's simply the best liquid eyeliner I've found, perfect in every way. The felt pen is the perfect size for precise lines and the liner flows well. It dries fairly quickly and is totally smudge proof in my experience (I say this having just gone through a full day + a sweaty 5k in the Texas summer with it still looking perfect). I use a mineral oil based oil cleanser and it washes away cleanly. I kind of wish the packaging was a bit more mature now that I'm growing older, but I'm okay with that. Total HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think I got a dupe of this from EBay... It costed $1 but it says Dolly Wink and the packaging is the same nonetheless!
And OMG, this is an HG product! This tiny felt tip pen is PERFECT for creating the most precise identical top liner looks every time. You can create the smallest, simplest winged eyeliner with this or the thickest and boldest look easily without getting sloppy at all! This formula dries fast, it is jet black, and doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day. I've literally done my makeup some days at 6 am and at 9 noon all my face looks a mess except for my winged eyeliner look! Oh, and did I mention this liquid liner is waterproof? You'll have trouble taking this baby off for sure. This is just amazing and I will repurchase for sure.