KOJI - Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

4.2

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bought it in black. Was a good enough liner. However it tends to dry out very fast and the colour would fade throughout the day.

PROS
- Will not run when you put it on
- The packaging is insanely cute
- Dries quickly
- Dispenses just the right amount of product.

CONS
- Colour payoff is not so great. I can line my eyes 4/5 times and it will still be a super light black kind of colour instead of a intense black. This is the only major complain that I have as I like my eyeliners as black as sin.
- Dried out on me in 1 month. Impossible to get anything out of it. Thus it is not worth the price
- A little smudging where my eye creases at the end of the day

It's a great liner for someone who prefers a not very intense colour, or something just starting out as it is easy to use and mistakes can be wiped off with water. But otherwise, nah, give it a miss.

Cute packaging, and wonderful pen brush! Makes putting on sleek and thin lines so easy. It stays all day and washed off easily with warm water. My HG liquid eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First review!
Okay so I wanted to get into doing makeup a lot more, and I'd never had a liquid eyeliner until now. I asked a coworker what she uses and after she told me Stila's Stay All Day, I went out the next day and got it.
Ugh. Mistake.
I wanted to love it so badly but the tip dried out after the first use. I thought "huh that's weird" and got it exchanged, only for it to happen again. THEN my coworker tells me they changed the formula and it sucks now. So great.
On the upside, on the Stila eyeliner's review page, someone mentioned THIS eyeliner.
And omg
HG for me. It's super dark black, and does not come off easy. I use a heavy cream cleanser at night that usually takes off everything (LUSH's Ultrabland) and that STRUGGLES to remove it. Which is great!!
I also found it on eBay for $10 a pop plus free shipping, so if you don't need it right away, I strongly suggest checking there. I got two.
Long story short, try it out. It's so much cheaper than the Stila and works worlds better. Tip doesn't dry out, liner stays forever, cheap, and makes precise lines.
Literally what more could I ask for??

I have this in brown and also black color. Bought it for about S $23.90 which in my opinion a bit too expensive for a drugstore item.

For the black colored liner, it was relatively black but with a slight translucency to it. It doesn't really transfer but it smudge at the end of the day.

For the brown colored liner, it's also not opaque but for this, because it's brown the smudging is less obvious hence I prefer this.

I'll definitely purchase this again simply because it's easy to use.

This is the best liner I have EVER used!
As an expat living in Asia, I was quite nervous to purchase an Asian beauty product, but my friend recommended it to me and her eyeliner was always on fleeeek so I bought it! As someone with quite oily eyelids, normal eyeliner pens smudge within minutes on me! But this one stayed put, through sweating while working out and all! When I go to the UK next year for university, i"ll make sure to buy at least 10 to stock up!!

The tip of the eyeliner is super thin, and allows for a lot of control when applying, and a flawless wing is easy <3 The tip allows it to slide on easily, not dispensing too much product, and drying quickly, but not too quickly that you can't go over your line! It also doesn't irritate my (sensitive, contact wearing) eyes, which is great because some other liners have left me with sore, puffy red eyes :/

It stays put on me from the first thing in the morning when I wake up for school, to when I get home from clubbing with absolutely no smudging whatsoever! You wont end up looking like a panda, I promise <3
This only costed me the equivalent of 11 USD, which is an absolute steal, as the only liner I have ever tried that comes close to this is the Stila stay all day liner, which costed me 22 USD :0

I haven't seen this raved about outside Asia, apart from Marzia on youtube (PewDiePie's girlfriend), and her eyeliner is always AMAZING <3

The only downside to this is the packaging! If you're into cute pink packaging, then you'll love this, but it just sort of looks out of place next to my other sleek packaged makeup, but I can look past this cause my eyeliner always looks BOMB :)

Buy this, you won't be disappointed!! I will be buying this until i'm old and frail <3

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I wore this at an outdoor day wedding in 97 degree heat and (probably) equal humidity. Applied in the morning, sweated, partied, sweated, danced, dabbed at my face, sweated, was eaten alive by mosquitoes, sweated, got home around midnight, looked in the mirror and IT HAD NOT BUDGED. I also have problems w/ most eyeliners and mascaras making my eyes burn and I didn't have that problem w/ Dolly Wink. Also, the thin brush-tip applicator didn't scratch and I found it fairly easy to use--and I am by *no* means an eyeliner expert. It *is* pricier at around $20 w/ tax, but I am willing to pay for the dark black color, staying power and [my] eye-friendly formula. YMMV, of course. A note: if you're looking for this in the store or online, the pen now looks a bit different from the photo listed above--the black liner pen is pink w/ gold script writing and a black cap. I think the brown shade is lavender/purple. No more polka dots.

I have this in the brown version, and it's seriously the best liquid liner I've ever used (and I've been through many brands!!!). Dolly Wink's liner smudges very minimally compared to others on the market, and it does not make me look like a panda no matter how long I've been out in the sun. Trust me, I wore this every day over the past year while I lived in humid Hong Kong and survived!

I opted for brown because I just think black always looks too harsh on me. Brown works great - enhances and opens up my eyes while looking pretty and soft. Give this eyeliner a try guys! :) I'm on my third one already!

Pros:
- Long-lasting
- Smudges very very minimally (because there are no 100% smudge-proof liners out there)
- One eyeliner can last six months for me (daily use!)
- Easily removable

Cons:
- Not easily accessible outside Asia
- Price isn't exactly cheap

I bought this, hoping for a cheaper alternative to my HG K-Palette 24h Real Lasting Eyeliner from Sasa KL. But sadly, it just didn't work as well.

At RM36.90, I picked up two colours – black and brown – as I mostly favour a non-graphic eyeliner look. Lining between the lashes / tightlining is the way to go for me, and on my oily lids and frequently teary eyes, a longlasting, non-smudging eyeliner is something I really need.

At first swatch, the liquid eyeliner appeared to be a tad watery, and the Brown shade swatched a tad too light – think diluted. I waved the pen in the air a couple of times to hopefully dry the eyeliner out a little. It did dry the eyeliner out a bit, but the colour payoff was still poor.

The Black eyeliner fared slightly better. It has better pigmentation than the brown eyeliner, but the watery problem remained, and I really struggled to draw a thin line on my eye without having the product spread all over the place.

It didn't help that the product really stung my eyes. +____+

Simply put, I just couldn't get this product to work, and if you are keen on trying a Japanese-made liquid eyeliner, please give the K-Palette one a go, and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Pros of DollyWink:
-Small brush tip
-Easy to wash off
-Different shades (Brown and Black)
-Can draw varying line size
-Doesn’t smear

Cons of Dollywink:
-Frayed Brush
-Hard to find in certain parts of the US
-Fades (Without primer, it’s nearly gone after 8 hours. After over 8 hours of wear with a -primer, it faded a bit)
-Not waterproof
-Pricey
-Soft tip offers less control
-Dries out very fast in container
-Dries out if you apply your eyeliner too slow
-Bleeds/feathers out in the tiny lines around your eye

It's overall a decent eyeliner. Sadly, all of eyeliners I've bought have faded without primer, even if they're waterproof. I would've given it a 4/5 if it weren't for the tip. Perhaps I just got a defective one where the tip was weird? It's expensive, so I won't buy it again to find out of that was the case. There are many other eyeliners that are cheaper and have a better tip, so I won't be repurchasing this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I completely don't understand the hype for these eyeliners tbh. It's not waterproof as claimed. I may have oily lids, but I always wore primer before any eyelining and this seems to drop off from a teeny tiny touch of water and that's not what I want in a liquid liner.

I bought this in brown because I like brown eyeliners more. I do enjoy the fact that it's a brush tip eyeliner (I don't really like felt tip liners) and it doesn't take much effort to line the eyes. I do wear this frequently despite it's not waterproof and it has decent lasting power as long as I don't touch it.

I would still repurchase it because it's one of the brands that offers a brown eyeliner.