April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

Edit: Its not really the right cream for me!

It makes me skin oily and dark...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

For someone with sensitive skin this product has been an absolute skin saviour. I find I can't use the 'Simple' range of products as bizarrely my skin really reacts to them, but so far I've yet to find any of the products in Boots' Simply Sensitive range that my skin has reacted badly to.

This is a pretty amazing cream for the price (2.79GBP) - it has a lovely consistency, no fragrance, no colour, is hypo-allergenic and dermatologically tested. And to top it off it even has SPF 15 - what more could a girl ask for?!

I apply this every morning after showering and find it really moisturises my skin without making it feel oily or greasy. It's reasonably good at moisturising the drier parts of my face (mostly my cheeks), but I find the best thing to do with this is apply a good layer first off and then reapply a little more on the bits you think need it once the first application has sunk in.

In terms of how my skin looks and feels after using this for a period of time (about 2 months at the time of writing this) I would say the main thing I've noticed is that the drier parts of my face aren't as dry as they were. This doesn't make me break out and so far I've had no adverse reactions so as far as I'm concerned this could easily become a main staple of my facial skincare routine. Well done Boots for making another top-notch product at a low price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by pastel7lover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

overall, i have no major complaints but then i also have no amazing things to say. my mum bought this for me when i ran out of moisturiser so i didnt have anything else to use! i used this in the winter when i had very dry patches of skin on the tops of my cheeks and in the morning, this product didnt soften them- but other areas of my face felt very nice. but saying this, the product isnt exactly designed for 'dry skin'! i have reused it now in the spring and summer and it worked nicely but as a winter moisturiser, i wouldnt recommend it. using it, my skin felt very smooth but it did feel quite greasy and tacky afterwards- i looked like a greaseball mess! it turns out, i was using far too much and needed to lower the amount i squeezed out.
i do like the product but, again, nothing too special, nothing too bad :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Love this product! It works well under makeup, as it absorbs clear and leaves no white residue. Very gentle and subtle, pleasant scent. I don't break out with it at all with it, and I have combination skin.

The product is also an amazing value. You don't need to use a lot of product. I have used the same bottle on a near-daily basis, and it has lasted over six months. Purchased in the UK, so no idea how I will find it in the states. Womp :(.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I hate this product on my skin as it makes it tremendously itchy and uncomfortable. It does not soak in and leaves my skin tacky for hours. On top of this, makes my face very shiny yet it really isn't that moisturizing. Evade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been a really great find for me, pretty much the only moisturiser in the store that didn't have either mineral oil or silicones, both of which I try to avoid (Mineral oil tends to sit on the surface of my skin and silicones always seem to clog my pores in the long run)
It has spf so great for daytime, although I have actually been using it twice a day simply because it has been working so well for me. It is fragrance free and actually a great alternative to the Cetaphil lotion I was using, which can get greasy (I always have to dilute it, also it contains dimethicone)
Very inexpensive, but the packaging is not great, would be better in a tube or at least with a pump top. Overall though one of my favourite finds in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally use Simple Replenishing Rich moisturiser because that is the ONLY thing that I can tolerate at the moment. However I found that my skin has begun to look quite dull - Not sure why? Also I was still getting some dry patches even though I was using the richer version.

This beauty is cheap - less then 3 and contains no suspect ingredients and does not contain mineral oil like Simple's version. It is Fragrance free and SPF15.

The texture is quite rich so only a small amount is required really. I agree with the previous reviewer in that it is similar to Oilatum but I found that clogged my pores and left me shiny (Nothing against Oilatum just didn't work for me).

I am impressed and I like this very much - well done Boots!. They offer a richer version (without SPF) and a night one. I have not tried these but they are probably worth a go considering the price.

The one thing I didn't like was that the gentle face wash in this range contains SLS which I avoid at all costs.

29/11/12 - This hasn't worked for me since being pregnant as I went SUPER dry but I have a pot ready for if my skin changes back after birth. Currently using Liz Earle Skin Repair in Dry/Sensitive which isn't as pocket friendly, sadly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

I have oily/combo skin that can break out to certain products, i tend to go for oil free light moisturizers but dont find them that great, they tend to be thin and a bottle of nothing...i then started using the oilatum face repair cream and loved it, its thick and rich but didn't break me out at all....loved it but found that under my makeup it could sometimes make me a little shiny...then i saw this in boots and for the price 2.79 i thought i'd give it a go....its amazing, its oil free but thick and rich and doesn't irritate my skin or break me out...its just a little less shiny but with all the benefits of the oilatum..and cheeper. x