July 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rose Deshabille #260

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I thought this was a beautiful color at Sephora, and there is no denying the texture is lovely. Since I never spend a lot on lipsticks (normally I will splurge on glosses) I decided to splurge on this lipstick. But then I got home, opened the tube and was shocked at how TINY of an amount of lipstick is in this tube. I also realized that I love my Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting just as much (its a lighter pink for sure, but nice to tone down my pigmented lips) I actually like the Revlon pink sugar color better and the texture can actually compete with the Dior. Please note that I dont like any other drugstore lipsticks/glosses ever!. I honestly think if my Revlon lip butter was in the Dior tube, people would worship the Revlon. So I couldnt justify keeping the Dior for a slightly softer formula and beautiful tube. Back to Sephora it went. But if I had money flowing everywhere, this is still a pretty color and soft formula. Cant complain about either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm shocked at the poor reviews! Please read mine and reconsider Rose Deshabille before writing it off completely!

This is a brilliant "My Lips But Better" lipstick for my NW15 skin and naturally soft-pink lip shade. The formula is excellent; it's jelly-like and balmy, but substantial. There's slip, but it's not overly done. Basically, Dior Addict is a wonderful fusion of lipstick and gloss. It hydrates and moisturizes my chronically dry lips while adding a touch of beautiful shine and cool-toned pinkiness that makes my pout look plumper. It's a very hard color to over-do; the texture is sheer, but you can absolutely layer it on and build up the color to a gorgeous shimmering gloss of ballet slipper pink. This color is deceptive; it seems quite simple in the tube and even in swatches, but on the skin, it's much more complex. Lovely is the perfect word.

What I love about the Dior Addict lipsticks is that on top of a wonderful formula and a wide range of colors, the packaging is beautifully done. The iridescent, geometric tube with sleek silver bullet complete with a "CD" engraved bell is utterly feminine, modern, and sophisticated.

I bought this at the beginning of 2012 and I'm already more than halfway done with the tube - I've NEVER gone through a lipstick quite this fast! Rose Deshabille has become one of my signature lip shades, which is saying a lot for a girl that loves fuchsia and lilac lipsticks that catch the eye! I feel so comfortable wearing this shade everywhere and anywhere: school, job interviews, coffee with friends, dinner dates, etc. It looks beautiful with everything from "no-makeup makeup" looks to smoky eyes and catliner. I will 100%, without a doubt, be purchasing a second shade soon. After a year of searching for the best MLBB shade for me, I've found it thanks to Dior.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Remy2106

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

rose deshabille is a nice muted pink, it doesnt lighten up my face but perfect for a casual sophisticated look. as for all hydrating lipsticks the colour is quite sheer that it doesnt really cover my original lip colour. if you don't mind reapplying lipsticks frequently this is a good choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

I didn't like this lipstick. It's not moisturising at makes my lips irritated and dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by fabulyss

There's a picture of Kate Moss wearing this color in My Pictures file if you're interested - that's the only reason I bought the lipstick!. Admittedly, it's a 'your lips but better color'. It's very pretty though, a subtle amount of shimmer and a sheer wash of pink definitely enhance my lips without calling too much attention to them. Initially I was disappointed by the color payoff because this is SUCH an expensive lipstick, but I'm in love with the packaging and to be honest I use this like a lip balm (at least 4 times a day), whereas I've only used my Chanel lacque in Dragon (the greatest red in the world!) about 3 times in the past 6 months. There's a lot to be said for barely there color! If you layer this on thicker it will look more like the Kate Moss photo (a milkier pink) though, which is nice too.