April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to be honest, I switch eyeliners ALOT, I try different kinds and decide which is my favorite, use that one then switch when its gone. I'm currently using this, and I really really like it. My eyes are a dark green around the edges and lighter green on the inside around the pupils. This shade is perfect for me, because its a dark purple with light shimmer, but not chunky glitter. The consistency is good too, I'm not a big fan of thick eyeliner, especially when drawn with pencils, so this is a really good consistency for a thin line on the outer 3/4 on the eye lid. One time I applied too thick of a line and tried to smudge it out because it was uneven, this think was not about to budge, so if you're into smudging out your eyeliner, this is not a good option for you! One thing I also noticed is that once in a blue moon will I wear eyeliner on my waterline, and this is definitely not the eyeliner to wear there haha. It loses pigment and fades off in a matter of minutes. But all in all this is a good product if you wear light eyeliner

*EDIT* I wanted to add, I have hooded eyes, and a lot of eyeliners transfer to my eyelids, this has yet to happen with this,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite eyeliner of all time! After a TERRIBLE experience with Maybelline's Define-a-Line eyeliner (which took me on a trip to smudge central), I was skeptical to try their other eyeliners. I'm so glad that I took a chance on this because it offered me all of the smoothness of the application of the Define-a-Line while lasting longer and not giving me the raccoon effect! The only thing I hate is that the Black color of this seems to be the first to go in the stores. It took me a month to find in Walmart because they were always out of stock! I guess I'm not the only one who loves this product! Definitely worth the try. Sells for a little of $6 in Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the other people's reviews, and I do have to say that the packaging of this is bad. It does swivel up however, just takes a while and a whole lot of twists. The actual product is amazing for me. I have it in Bold Brown, Purple Punch, and Stormy Navy. It glides right on and stays exactly where it is, with just a teeny bit of color fading after eight hours of me napping and rubbing my eyes. The shimmer in this is also appealing. This formula might not be for everyone, but it definitely works on my oily lids with no primer or anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was incredibly difficult to work with, and smudged constantly. It's so creamy that it is impossible to get a good line. It irritated my eyes and caused them to water up for hours after. By the end of a few hours, I looked like I'd been crying at a funeral. What a mess! I bought this because Emily Noel had been raving about it for years, but this formula just isn't right for me. I prefer a dryer liner that I can control better, and I don't need it to set if it went on properly to begin with. Oddly enough, it takes a massive amount of effort to actually remove the product thoroughly. So it is both impossible to get this stuff to stay where you put it, but refuses to go away when you're done with it. Great.

If you like very creamy liners, then maybe this would work for you. But really, I'd call this a pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to review this eyeliner for the simple fact that the review below mine. I thought it was that I received a defective liner but went and bought another and YET it still won't swivel up. SO UPSET, what a waste. I have it in bold brown and midnight master swivels right up. The actual product works well, nothing spectacular but okay. Makes me angry that maybelline is getting away with selling products that are obviously defective.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by kelmcl84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is honestly the worst eyeliner I have ever used.

I bought it once just for a change but it didn't twist up so thinking it was defective I bought it again & the same, it isn't twisting up. It smudges & doesn't come off easily.

Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

got this in bold brown, its a nice medium brown w/some golden shimmer. twist up but takes a long time twisiting up. after you use it for the first time it gets blunt & you don't get that fine line anymore. i have oily lids & it smudges, even when i use primer, so i wont be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by christiangela

Well, its great when you're on a budget, and the packaging looks nice, so I was automatically attracted to the price and package. Its got a great pigmentation on it, I have the black one. It doesn't retract back down for me, idk if I got a defect piece or not but it does retract up slow and, the fact that it doesn't go back down erks me. And it doesn't have a sharpener, so once that first tip is gone you're stuck with a bulky tip. It smudges like hell. Hard to come off. Would not buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

****This review is for the color Bold Brown ONLY, as I haven't tried any of the others.

I'm a brown eyeliner kind of girl and my favorite kind are twist-up pencils. So when my L'Oreal Infallible started to run low, I decided to give this one a try.

The first thing I noticed is that it DRAGS tremendously and I have to apply lots of pressure just to line my upper lash line. I also have to go over the line twice or three times just to get the color to really be a "bold brown."

This doesn't hold up very well throughout the day. When I get home from work, I notice fading and smudging in my inner and outer corners. I've tried setting this with a dark brown eyeshadow and it seems to hold up better, but with an ideal eyeliner I wouldn't even have to do this. If this is happening during the winter time when I'm not even oily or sweating, I don't even want to know what it would be like in hot or humid weather. I won't be sticking with this product to find out.

The main thing that makes this product a miss for me is that it DOESN'T show up on my waterline. At all.

It should also be noted that this doesn't twist up very well. I literally feel like I had to FIGHT it just to get the tip to advance...and then it was impossible to twist it down when I was finished using it.

I will finish this up since I did find a use for it: lining the outer corners of my upper lash line and then going over it with a dark brown eyeshadow and pencil brush to create that "smudged" liner effect.

If you're not expecting a rich, pigmented brown liner and aren't worried about staying power, then this may work for you. But if you're looking for a nice dark brown with staying power that works on your upper lash line AND waterline, I'd suggest L'Oreal Infallible 16HR Never Fail Eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by PeterBelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like this eyeliner at all. Admittedly I am not the best at applying it, but still. It drags terribly, it's impossible to get off, it flakes and smudges, it doesn't create a thin or exact line, it irritates my eyes, the colour pay-off isn't great at all, the list goes on and on and on...
I would never use this again, let alone buy it.