February 1, 2015 | 2073 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:29:00 AM More reviews by PollyRH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that this is quite a good eyeliner, even more for the price, that stays put a reasonable amount of time and has a great pigmentation. On the other hand, there are a few features that could be improved.

Pros:
-very good pigmentation, intense black.
-smooth texture, glides on easily.
-can be used as an opaque base for eyeshadow, but with primer underneath
-it doesnīt irritate my eyes (mine are really sensitive and get red and itchy easily)
-price (probably the best for the quality it offers)
-its not difficult to remove

"Cons":
When I tighline with it my upper waterline, it transfers a little bit on the outer corners and the outer part of my bottom waterline, so itīs not so waterproof... Nothing dramatic, thought. Anyway, it stays put for a good while.
(Anyway, since my eyes are so sensitive, maybe a much permanent product would be harder to remove, therefore, more irritating).

Have to be said, I donīt "set" it with powder, but nor do I think that people usually do that... right?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:25:00 AM More reviews by cutieblakcat

I got this in bold brown, and it's pretty good! Because of my crease, my eyeliner always creases, no matter what I use. This is super creamy and not bad! not recommended for wings though, the end is quite thick and blunt which I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have come to this conclusion that liquid eyeliner is not for me. Although I admire those who have a good handle of liquid or gel liners, I am not and will not be one of them. Having said that, I was looking for a very pigmented black liner and the Midnight shade was just what I wanted. The best thing about this eyeliner is that it does not bother my sensitive eyes. It is very smooth. It is not hard to remove it with Maybelline Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. I love this and highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got Bold Brown.

Didn't last in my oily lids, not asking for the hole day or such, just after an hour did migrate; even irritated my eyes.
Really creamy and has some glitter on it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I wish I could give this eyeliner a higher rating, lately Maybelline has been disappointing me w other products too, but anyways. I got this in black (Midnight Master), it held the promise of everything I wanted (waterproof, good price, good availability, twist up, black, opthamologist tested/sensitive eyes, etc), & it was a major let down! It smudges a ton on my oily lids & transfers all over the place. You cannot get a nice precise line, it's impossible to retract once you advance the lead, it's hard to even advance the lead anyways, & the quality is awful, I would rather use a WnW 99 cent Color Icon pencil w a sharpener & a cigarette lighter than this, it would have better staying power & I could buy 8 WnW pencils for this overpriced horrible liner!! I hate to give negative reviews, I really do, but I must be truthful. This is very similar to the Define-A-Line, or CG Perfect Point, those 2 are actually better than this I must amend. I am soooo disappointed! I have no use for something that makes me look like a panda after about 15 mins. I have tried to make this work!! I will def not be repurchasing this, nor could I recommend this to anybody unless you like the raccoon eyes effect. Sorry ladies!! ;/ Maybelline used to be a DS brand I could trust but lately like I mentioned a few other products have been major let downs too.. [i hate paying $20 for an eyeliner]....Maybelline has poorly executed their eyeliner pencils & they had such an opportunity to do better. Lotsa room for improvements here.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by AnnaVirk

I am absolutely obsessed with this eyeliner and its honestly so perfect for me! It's super creamy and easy to apply and its very true to its color. When applying this to my waterline, it barely smudges or runs throughout the day. The color does not fade at all during the day. The only thing I would say is that when applying to the top lid, you need to be super careful because since its very creamy, its easily smudged on your actual eyelid. But besides that I love the price, packaging, color and just the overall product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a quick drugstore run to pick up a few products before traveling, and I picked this eyeliner, knowing nothing about it. Looks like I should have checked out some reviews first!

To be fair, Master Drama isn't all bad. I picked it up in black, and I will say that the pigmentation is very good. It's very, very black. I'm also surprised by how creamy the liner is. I've noticed a couple of people had difficulty with this product skipping when applying, but I didn't encounter that. For me, it applied pretty smoothly.

Having said that, the biggest problem that I encountered was that it smudged and transferred noticeably. I would apply this liner and a few minutes later I could tell that it had rubbed off in the crease. It would also smudge around the corners of my eyes throughout the day, even over primer and even when I set it with a black eyeshadow. I was very surprised to see in some of the reviews that it stays on the waterline well for some people. It definitely didn't for me.

Lastly, the packaging is just as much of a pain as everyone here has said it is! It takes a LOT of twisting for the liner to appear, and it is not retractable. I thought mine was broken initially and was set on returning it. Hopefully I held onto the receipt, because I'll be doing that anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner sucks. I used it a total of 5 times and now it won't twist up. I won't buy it again. I only owned it for a week. I'm going to find the receipt and try and return it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this a few times, this stuff is pretty darn good. As a girl with a lot of eye lid I like a nice thick eyeliner and that is this. I also like that it's very black and creamy, it's easy to apply. This isn't the kind of eyeliner to wear if you like rubbing your eyes or have oily skin, I can see it easily smudging. I even get smudges sometimes in the inner corners and I'm very careful not to rub my eyes. If you don't rub the line though it stays put all day long. Just maybe a touch up mid day for the inner corners.
I did an entire eye lined look with a few times, it was very easy to achieve that goth/emo look if that's what you're into. Totally can be dramatic just like the label claims. I never tug my eyes with this stuff which makes me happy.
Overall I really like it and will keep on repurchasing, I always get midnight master.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to be honest, I switch eyeliners ALOT, I try different kinds and decide which is my favorite, use that one then switch when its gone. I'm currently using this, and I really really like it. My eyes are a dark green around the edges and lighter green on the inside around the pupils. This shade is perfect for me, because its a dark purple with light shimmer, but not chunky glitter. The consistency is good too, I'm not a big fan of thick eyeliner, especially when drawn with pencils, so this is a really good consistency for a thin line on the outer 3/4 on the eye lid. One time I applied too thick of a line and tried to smudge it out because it was uneven, this think was not about to budge, so if you're into smudging out your eyeliner, this is not a good option for you! One thing I also noticed is that once in a blue moon will I wear eyeliner on my waterline, and this is definitely not the eyeliner to wear there haha. It loses pigment and fades off in a matter of minutes. But all in all this is a good product if you wear light eyeliner

*EDIT* I wanted to add, I have hooded eyes, and a lot of eyeliners transfer to my eyelids, this has yet to happen with this,