October 20, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lipstick - Burberry - Natural Sheer in "Lip Mist"

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I own Field Rose and it's a muted rose, not over the top pink. The formula is more on the hydrating side, it does not cling to dry patches but helps hide them. The wear time is a bit short like all hydrating lipsticks, it lasts an hour or two if you're not eating or drinking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ddd1898

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Lip Mist in Blueberry at Nordstrom, and after a very long search have found my HG lipstick, it is a great texture and color. Will definitely repurchase, it is worth the price because I actually use it instead of throwing it in the back of the make up drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by visee

I have this in Copper Mist, but didn't find it worth the price. Although its one of the most popular shades, I find Copper Mist too brown and dull on my skin. It is also really pricey for just a sheer lipstick. In humid climates, the lipstick breaks off at the bottom within the first few uses, and you do have to be careful not to leave it in a warm place else it'll melt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Burberry Lip Mists are by far my favorite lipsticks. I like the look of gloss but don't like how they're often sticky and wear off quickly. I'm not a fan of heavy, non-moisturizing lipsticks that settle into lip lines. Therefore, I tend to gravitate towards lipsticks that offer some moisture along with a sheerer and somewhat glossy finish. Prior to Burberry Lip Mists being available, I purchased a few Chanel Rouge Coco Shines as I liked how they offered sheer color with some moisture and glossiness. However, I much prefer Burberry Lip Mists to the Rouge Coco Shines given that they last longer, are much more moisturizing, and feel much more comfortable on the lips. These Lip Mists also do not settle into my lip lines, unlike some other lipsticks such as the Coco Shines. Like many of the reviewers have said, these lipsticks glide on so smoothly on the lips -- almost like a gel finish. I have these Lip Mists in Field Rose (#213) and Pink Heather (#210), and both look like "my lips but better" on my NC30/NARS Punjab Sheer Glow/NARS Alaska Tinted Moisturizer/MUFE #120 skintone. I also purchased the Lip Mists in Feather Pink for my Mom, and Copper for my sister, and both love how these lipsticks look and feel on their lips. Highly recommended -- the only downside is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Little1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this lipstick. I bought Blueberry, #206. Very nice shade of burgundy. I usually can not wear burgundy tones because of my fair skin, but this one works. Perfect for fall. It's a sheer, but has lots of color for a sheer lipstick. It wears pretty long for a sheer. I love the container. It closes using a magnet. I can't wait to try more colors. Only downside is the price. 30 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

I bought this online in the color Brown Sugar from Nordstroms. I was hesitant to buy online since I couldn't really see the colors but it was pretty accurate. I love this color. Sort of a reddish brown and very natural looking on. This stays on for a long time. It could be a little more moisturizing but still pretty good. The case has a magnetic catch on it that doesn't always catch. Also, case is big and square so hard to throw in back pocket. Overall, pretty good product that I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by golightly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Blueberry (206) and I like the lip mist formula much, much more than the lip cover formulation. Both are slightly slippy and highly pigmented, which is great for my occasionally dry-ish, dark-mauve lips. This formula, in comparison with the lip cover, has a cushy base that seems to include gel which gives me extremely lush, moisturized, and plump-looking lips. It's glossier than Guerlain's Rouge Automatique but not shiny, and applies smoothly and accurately, unlike full-on gel formulations that slide all over and outside the lines. The color is beautiful on my olive-pinky NC25 skin, a purply tint with a bit of red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

LOVE! I bought this in #209 Feather Pink, and it is SO PRETTY! It feels somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss, yet with unbelievable staying power. One coat gives a nice stained look and two coats a rich, moist kiss of color with a bit of shine. This particular shade is incredibly flattering for my pale complexion, but I can imagine it working well for a variety of skin tones. It's a warm-toned, springy pinkóclose to my natural lip color but with a hint of a melon/papaya hue to it. This is one of colors worn by Cara Delevinge in the Spring 2012 campaign. I also purchased two of the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows, "Rosewood" and "Midnight Brown" and I'll be reviewing those after I've had a chance to play around with them a bit.

There's no need to spend $30 to get a great lip color, but if you're looking for a very enjoyable, luxurious, fun lip product, this is heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell4

I bought this in Rosy Red 05 on a recommendation in a magazine and it's now my favourite lipstick. Gorgeous colour, either one layer for a natural effect or two for deeper colour - very flattering and not drying at all. After looking online I also bought Blueberry 06 and like that very much too, although agree that with that shade it's better to use lip balm first as the colour is more concentrated. Packaging is super-luxurious, love the magnet - my ONLY gripe is that when I ordered one online from the Burberry site it came in a huge box (bigger than a shoebox) inside which was a carrier bag with the lipstick and the receipt in an A5 folder - so wasteful! But the lipsticks themselves are my new favourites. I may throw away all my others!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lip Mists are quickly becoming a dangerous habit -- they are lightweight, glossy and incredibly smooth (...and pricey). My favorite is definitely Copper, a gorgeous nude (and not at all metallic, as its name suggests). Blueberry is a cool, sheer berry shade (which is definitely buildable for more dramatic color) -- the color settles into lip lines a bit more than the other shades, since it is deeper, but this is resolved by using balm beforehand. Like the rest of the line, the packaging is luxurious -- the case is substantial and has a magnetic lid.

NW5-10; NARS Siberia.