MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Tranquil

Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Zostera Marina (Sea Grass) Extract, Eriobotyra Japonica (Loquat) Leaf Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Water / Aqua / Eau, Citros Junus Peel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Gevuina Avellana Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Squalane, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Bisabolol, Alcohol, Pentasodium Pentetate

on 9/30/2014 11:40:00 PM

This cleansing oil is great at removing sunscreen and waterproof/long-wear foundation. I have combination super sensitive acne prone skin that gets dehydrated dry flaky easily. The consistency is very runny and messy can get into you hair run down your arms. You have to use quite a lot like 3-5 pumps. After you rinse if off it leaves a slight residue. I double cleanse anyways. I notice that when I use this my skin breakouts out in tiny pumps and becomes unbalanced for about 2 weeks than as I continue to use this my skin gets better less clog pores and breakouts but still dry. Once I stop using it for a couple of weeks or months and use it again it breaks out and become unbalanced again.

on 6/1/2014 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This cleansing oil works amazingly well. I usually use Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil but picked this up in a travel size for $10 to try out. It definitely removes EVERYTHING from my face in mere seconds. My skin is oily and acne prone and this does not irritate my pores or clog them. It removes my makeup better & faster than Softymo. The only thing I don't like is the price. I admittedly am cheap, but you need like 15 pumps of this to remove a full face of makeup. 1 pump distributes only a tiny drizzle of oil. I don't know how fast I will really get through the travel size but other than that it's an amazing product.

on 4/15/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

HOLY GRAIL MAKEUP REMOVER!!!!

Up until recently my makeup removing routine took me about 20 minutes. It consisted of cold cream, baby wipes, an eye makeup remover, olay cleansing cloths, cleanser and toner. By the time I got to the toner my face was dying from all the scrubbing and chemicals but I had to get all the makeup out of my pores or else i'd horribly break out! (I still ended up breaking out from all the scrubbing I put my poor face through)

I recently got a full-time job finally which meant that I'd have to be going through this routine daily so I decided to order this cleansing oil off the nordstrom website, I purchased the "mini" bottle for ten dollars (the cool part about nordstrom is that you get free shipping and samples!).

Anyway, I've been using this for about three weeks now and HOLY CRAP does it make a difference. You pump a few squirts and rub it on your face (dry hands, full face of makeup) and start rubbing. You can rub for as long as you'd like and a lot of the time you can literally see the makeup disintegrating. It doesn't leave your face feeling dry or tight and it seriously gets EVERYTHING off. So after you're finished massaging your face, you wet your hands and your face and go a little longer to fully break down the makeup. I doubt you have to spend this much time massaging your face but I love this stuff so much that I tend to overdo it.

Like I said, I've been using it for three weeks and I've totally noticed a difference in my skin in the sense that it's much less irritated. Not to mention this cuts my makeup removal by like 80% because this really only takes me 10 minutes tops and that's including using a regular cleanser, toner, and moisturizer in those same 10 minutes. I've only used about half the container (it's 1oz for the mini) and I use a looooot because I tend to use makeup on my neck too so I use this on my neck.

If you're oily, don't be afraid to try this out!!!! This formula as opposed to the regular cleanse-off oil is formulated for sensitive skin SO ladies with sensitive skin should also check this out. I should also mention I have very sensitive dry acne prone skin that pretty much freaks out and breaks out in contact dermatitis at the mere thought of any harsh fragrances, sulfates, and silicones.

I highly recommend it!

on 1/26/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Takes off makeup amazingly. My HG product for sure. I have oily/combination skin and it helps to actually control my oils. Leaves skin soft and radiant

on 10/15/2013 6:25:00 PM

I love this, it dissolves makeup in one pump, (standard size), rinse with warm water! It gets rid of all makeup up easy without rubbing hard at your skin. And you can be certain that you have nothing left on your face. I use it in morning and at night, doesn't cause break outs, don't be scared of it because it's oil, it doesn't make skin greasy

on 8/5/2013 7:11:00 PM

This is a very effective cleansing oil. I have oily/combination skin, so of course "oils" make me a little nervous, but it did not make me break out. It removed tough, long wearing makeup, but was nice and gentle around my eyes. However, I think next time I'll repurchase the plain one. The smell of the Tranquil one is a little unusual, and it would be a much more enjoyable experience if it had less of a fragrance.

on 7/30/2013 1:55:00 PM

I like this cleanse off oil but I prefer my go-to Boscia make-up break-up cleanse off oil. This is the only contender against it though.
- I do love the fact that it comes in a travel size. I bought my first bottle of it in the travel size which I was happy about because I didn't wanna spend $30 on a full bottle
- the packaging is great and sleek. it has an actual open/close clicker for traveling which is essential.
- I've been using it everyday for the past 2 weeks and not yet a quarter is gone. I need at least 5 pumps each time I use it.
- It's not as gentle on my eyes as my Boscia one which is a factor for me. I guess it's not meant for people with sensitive eyes but I'll continue to use it if it doesnt cause any further irritation.

on 2/26/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I prefer this to the regular Cleanse off oil, only because of the smell. This is heavenly!
Takes off any longwearing makeup, and leaves a nice feel to the skin .

on 2/3/2013 9:22:00 PM

I really enjoy using this product (which is SO strange to me to type, because I typically don't trust makeup lines to do skincare very well...). I bought it to give the oil cleansing method a try, forgot about it for awhile, and then brought it out to try to start using up the massive catalogue of products that I own. I have been very pleasantly surprised with how much I like this. I use a couple of pumps in my hand, put a few drops of water in it to make it in to a creamy, milky substance, and rub that on my face - and it dissolves ALL of my makeup. It even gets deep in to the root of my lashes, where my eye makeup remover misses. It has not broken me out, it smells really nice (but not an overwhelming scent whatsoever), and it is free of mineral oil. This is a really great oil cleanser from MAC, and if I weren't wanting to try the Shu Uemura Ultim8 Cleansing Oil after I finish this, I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/4/2012 12:39:00 AM

I don't normally write reviews but this cleansing oil is the worst. Good thing I only bought the small travel size. I will continue to stick with my shu uemura. Just an advice don't bother to buy this.
It made me break-out, I did not like the consistency when I use on my face. It was not harsh and I tried it for 3 nights just to give it a chance and unfortunately, my skin suffered but nothing major, just a lot of tiny bumps.