April 23, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lipstick - Hourglass - Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Nocturnal

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love. And thats a lot coming from me. I struggle with lipsticks. I love the look of them but usually on other people. My lips are highly pigmented on their own, so shades often go funny on me. And I have kinda full, dry-prone lips. so colors tend to sink in and and highlight the dryness.

But not this color. I add it to the center of my mouth and bleed it out with my ring finger. Looks like a gorgeous plum stain. It also looks great in photos. Pretty good staying power, but I tend to reapply a lot because I love the color. One thing I've found with other lipsticks is the 2nd application isn't as good. But I don't have that problem with this.

I use By Terry Dolce Plum liner with it. And if my lips are dry, I'll apply Clinique Richer Raisin Chubby Stick over it to bring back the color after eating. Love, love, love this lipstick. Hourglass is a great brand. I sampled Icon lipstick today in Sephora and think I'm going to purchase that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging: It's very dense and feels like you're holding a magnet. Very sturdy, but not bulky.

Color: It's a medium/deep pink/plum. Neutral/cool.

Application: Smooth, creamy, opaque, and even. I removed 1 lipstick because I wasn't crazy about the chiseled shape of the lipstick, but that's more due to my personal tastes and application habits.

Wear: Does not budge unless you eat something greasy.

All in all, highly recommended. This is one of the highest quality lipsticks I've used. Refill cartridges are available.