October 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Foundations - Priori Coffeeberry Perfecting Minerals Foundation SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by abbyohare

I have tried so many foundations (the number is actually quite embarrassing to admit) and I have finally found my HG foundation, I absolutely love Priori mineral foundation!
Not going to lie, when I initially put this foundation on myself I was disappointed and thought I wasted my money because of the lack of coverage.
Then I began to start working the product into my skin more and pressed a little harder with my circular motions.
Before I apply, I use Dermalogica moisturiser in 'Active Moist'
I think these two products compliment each other and work perfectly hand in hand.
Definitely let your moisturiser dry a little before applying foundation otherwise this can be a little harder to apply.
When I wear this foundation I feel great knowing I'm not putting anything harsh or pore-clogging on my face. Unlike most foundations it is a light clean feeling when applied.

I have always hated mineral make up and always thought there's no point and doesn't provide any coverage, but with Priori I was proven wrong and am pleasantly surprised!
I have acne scars along my chin and cheeks and my face has quite a red tinge. Priori completely masks this.
With the Priori kabuki brush I work the product into my skin to build up the coverage.
I love the fact you can choose the type of coverage you want to achieve for the day.
If I am at work I don't tend to wear too much foundation where as if I were to go out with friends I would pump it up a little more.
Priori lasts all day and still looks flawless after even after the day has ended.
I would definitely look into buying this if you are on the hunt for a beautiful foundation that won't cause break outs.
Before you buy, get someone to test this to see if you like the feel and to make sure you're purchasing the correct colour for your skin.

Overall this foundation is perfect for me and I'm so happy I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Marlinia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth, well moisturised, and does not make me breakout. I am usually not a fan of mineral makeups, especially as they are powder based because my skin is so dry (maybe it's combination though as I do have a tendency to occasionally break out around my chin. Anyway, I think this foundation actually helps the tone and feel of my skin!

You can get a really good coverage, but you have to build it up. It also helps to apply with a good kabuki brush. The beauty therapist helped to explain how to apply the powder. She said that you need to load the tip of the brush, tap the extra powder off (into the container for future use as it is expensive!) then you work the product 'into' your skin by using firm and round brush strokes. It will oxidise, but if you work it into your skin and blend (and moisturise first) it really does go on so nicely and it doesn't go that orange...just kind of darker. Those people that don't get a good coverage, may need to work the product in more? It sounds strange, but it does appear to be light coverage but you do need to swirl the brush and it will build. I have acne scars on one side of my face and a few discolouration splotches and it hides these really well!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chippie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mineral foundation I've found. It was sold at a beauty therapist that I occasionally went to, my Mum had also purchased this and raved about it so I thought I'd give it a go. Holy cow, this products provides absolute coverage, great for blemishes and uneven skin tone. They staying power is also incredible, I did a 30 minute workout and my makeup stayed on, if anything I had a bit of a glow afterwards. This is also fast and easy to apply, perfect if you are in a rush but cannot bear to go out au natural. I believe you can actually sleep in this mineral powder too, I never have but you know maybe it's good on long haul flights? I use this on top of liquid foundation if I want a heavier coverage if I'm going out to a special event as well, blends so nicely and always looks fresh and never cakes. I paid around $80 NZD for this and it is worth it because it lasts you soooo long. I've had mine for well over a year, it never seems to end! This is always my go to product and I recommend it to all my friends, money well spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by dglazier1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mineral powder, I like the company behind it also. The product itself is very good, I find my skin gets better using it. I have tzone oily skin so I still use a primer but I find I need very little powder to get a nice natural glow:) the SPF is a bonus, definitely recommend especially for those with sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in 01, the lightest shade (Although it is not actually that light!) It does oxidise a little but not as much as other minerals do, and when it does it does not oxidise orange just slightly darker, so with this I'd purchase a shade lighter. I love it. I have minor acne scars and one layer covers them and evens out my skin, even neutralising red areas. It lasts all day and is a dream to apply, honestly, it takes me one minute. I use it with my dior full coverage powder foundation brush, and it is amazing. I find the container annoying however releasing either too much product or too little, but that is just a minor flaw. I have acne prone skin and always wash my face at night, but I did an experiment and wore this to bed several times and it did not break me out, so thats a plus! But I don't reccomend doing that. This is my hg foundation:) And considering its a foundation powder its relatively cheap (about 80 nz dollars), whereas with liquid foundation you have to buy a powder as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Baboomtish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have fair skin being a red head, they gave me the concealer to use as a foundation, but it gave my skin an unnatural pink glow, I took it back and they gave me no1. It has a golden base, but provides a healthy glow and I don't look washed out (I would usually steer clear of golden based foundation in fear of looking orange)

I use a tinted primer and it helps with the application process, but if I'm lazy I'll skip the primer and just spray the tips of the application brush lightly with water and then rub it in the minerals and apply, it gives a better coverage. if I wear it on its own, no water, no primer, it's impossible to build up to cover imperfections, so defiantly try it with a damp brush.

I have really sensitive skin and With more commercial brand my skin gets red, irritated, itchy and flakey, however with priori it really has made my skin better! Healthier and that's why I'll buy it again, a summery glow and perfect skin, looks good all day,doesn't feel thick or cakey, light weight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by pammyworld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Glominerals, Bare Escentuals and Colorescience, among other mineral powder foundations, and this one is most finely milled as far as I can tell. Allure magazine recommended this product because it has coffeeberry, which is one of the most potent antioxidants out there.

I have dry, sensitive, rosacea prone skin and it's hard to find a powder that has SPF AND doesn't make my skin look too dry. My skin feels really smooth after application. So far so good!

Color: I'm using number 2, which is recommended for Asian skin tones (I'm fairly light-skinned). Yes, I can see the orange in the color that others have mentioned, but it doesn't look like that on my skin after blending.

I'll have to keep using it to see if it has any longer-term anti-aging hydrating or redness-reducing effects, as promised.

Coverage: I like very light coverage, and this seems pretty light. They say that you can build it up if you want more though. I'm using the Priori brush, which seems to work better than other brushes I've used in the past (Kabuki brush). I tried the concealer in the store, but it looked kind of dark. There's only one color choice for concealer, so I didn't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by slickcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I initially bought this product about a year and a half ago. I still have some left! It is very light in feel, texture, yet does a decent job of covering. For any zits or dark spots I use Colorstay blemish concealer. My skin condition has improved, and I feel its due to the antioxidant coffeeberry. My pores are finer and skin looks more refined. I love the SPF, but I do wear a light sunscreen prior to putting this on for extra protection, as I am fair skinned. It is pricey, at approx $60, but I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by raceis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have used this mineral make up for over a year and I get so many complements on my skin. I love this stuff - I don't find that it enhances fine lines (but I use a fair amount of moisturizers).. it lasts me a long time too I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ShikaSmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It looks very natural which I like, I hate that cakey feeling of most foundations. It also makes my skin feel really smooth. It has a very orange tint to it I find... or maybe my dermatologist gave me the wrong shade. I'll make it work though since it's so expensive.