Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipsticks

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/27/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got a couple of these for 30c each may be with coupon at walgreens.I wanted to try new colors and didnt want to spend a lot,which was good because most colors i got were frosty or had shimmer and i hate both finishes.
The only color i saved is mink brown.It is very pigmented&creamy.I might get few more but only after confirming which shades are cream finishes or hop to the megalast ones.

on 7/27/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

As the MUAer Blueberryfrost noted, Wet n Wild revamped their Silk Finish lipstick line. The tubes are currently black. Wet N Wild recently released a few new shades. My only gripe about WnW is they don't make many "pale-friendly" lippies. Also....shimmer. Nobody needs their granny lips highlighted.

Maybe when I have a spray tan on I could use the other shades. But for the time being, I found 2 shades acceptable for my pale skin.

A Short Affair - Very light mauve. It is a pink with a purple undertone but not quite lilac. I *LOVE* this color! The only con is it has shimmer in it. I will say that the shimmer doesn't completely ruin the color for me as the particles are quite small. The pigmentation is somewhat sheerer than the rest of the WnW lippies I've tried. To be fair though, it is a very light color. WnW may have made it sheer in order to avoid that dreaded chalk effect some pale colors give.

Will You Be Mine? - Medium mauve. This is a gorgeous color, although it's at my limit for how dark/bright I will go with a lip color. I'm sure on the average light-medium skintone this would come off as a light mauve. This is a creme formula with 0 shimmer. The pigmentation in this one was wonderful!

Last power was pretty great on these. Both formulas were very balmy and moisturizing. I have chronic dry lips and found these up to par with some of my higher end moisturizing lippies. In the past I have avoided lipsticks after a few dried my lips out further. But I've found that is completely dependent on the formula.

I will repurchase.

Wet n Wild recently revamped their Silk Finish lipsticks, gone are the silver tubes and they are now replaced with black plastic tubes. I have used Silk Finish for years so I was curious to see if the formula changed as well.

It did.

The old ones had a very slick texture, very creamy and glossy. Kind of like Revlon Shine lipsticks. The lasting power on the old Silk Finish wasn't so great because of the slick, light texture, although I love how moisturizing they were.

The new ones feel more like your standard lipstick, thicker and more substantial. Because of that, the lasting power is way better now. I'm really impressed that a 99cent lipstick lasts as long as a more expensive lipstick. They last a few hours now. They still have the faint berry scent the old ones did, I like it but it fades quickly.

Okay, so the shades I have of the revamped line are:

Blind Date - gorgeous purple berry. This is one of the new colors. Reminds me sorta of the Sugar Plum Fairy shade in the megalast line.

Blushing Bali - peachy pink. Slight shimmer. Super pretty and wearable for every day.

Light Berry Frost - bright raspberry pink frost. This shade is so fun and reminds me of the 80s in the best way.

Will You Be With Me? - nude baby pink. What a weird name for a lipstick lol. It reminds me of Mac Angel in a way, I hesitate to call it a dupe but it has the same pale pink feel to it.

And I have a ton of the older line, most of these I think are still around: Dark Pink Frost (my favorite! Mauve pink with gorgeous gold frost), Dark Wine (gorgeous berry wine creme), Light Beige Frost (similar to Blushing Bali, great everyday peachy pink shade), Nouveau Pink (hot pink creme), Pink Ice (frosty pink), Retro Pink (pepto bismol pink), Sunset Peach (shimmery peach). I'm pretty sure I have more but that's all I can remember.

Anyway, yeah, these 99cents lipsticks are great. You can't beat them for that price, especially since they often go on sale for around 69-89 cents. What can you even buy for 69 cents anymore these days?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this in the very pretty shade Sunset Peach yesterday,but it's a very greasy formula and it's really more like a lip gloss than a lipstick.LA Colors makes a much better 1 $ lipstick that has vitamin E and aloe and it does get slightly drying after an hour but it says on for hours and isn't greasy and thinner like Silk Finish lipstick.

on 5/12/2015 12:36:00 AM

I love love these lipsticks. At least, in the new sleek black packaging...Im not sure if the formula is also different but I feel like it lasts much longer on my lips than the lippies in the old packaging. These leave a slight stain behind so they wear very evenly and don't leave a huge ring around the outside of my lips like some lipsticks do.

I have a few colors but the one I like most is "will you be with me?" In the tube it looks like a medium nudish pink but on my lips its a pretty medium blue toned-fushia pink (its hard to describe, Im not the best at it!) I like it but it is a lot brighter than I was expecting it to be, (definitely not nude)!

I really wish wet n wild could make prettier, more modern shades in this line because I would wear them religiously if they did...I feel like pretty much all of the shades are very 80s looking (bright or really frosty and not very natural or wearable for every day) and the "will you be with me?" shade is the most wearable modern color I could find.

Please WnW make more wearable shades in these, especially in the pinks!!!!!!

Pros
-great color pay off
-non drying on my lips
-lasts a long time (even through eating/drinking)
-wears evenly

cons
-not a very good color selection for every day wearable shades
- the fragrance is a little meh, not great if you are sensitive to perfumes in makeup. I would prefer unscented...

on 3/28/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this at Rexall (Toronto, CA) for only about $1.49 on sale in 503C 'Will You Be With Me" a light-ish pink w/ little bit of mauve undertone which is really out of my comfort zone as I've got dark(er) skin. I'm Indian so have a light-med brown skin w/ red undertones. The receptionist at my work said she really liked it on me (she's used to me in browny-pinky nudes or maybe the odd purple), I told her I was nervous that it would look whack on me or too Nicky Minaj (hey she's beautiful but has her own style), but she thought it looked nice b/c it is so different on me if that makes any sense. My Mom liked it too, so does my BF, I like it a lot but just getting used to the look...Ok, as for wear, it's smooth, creamy, feels nice and light on the lips and lasts an amazingly long time! I feel I don't need a gloss or balm prior either. The only thing that confuses me is that it leaves a fuchsia type stain on my lips hrs after it wares off. I woke up this morning w/ pink fuchsia-eque lips yet NO lipstick actually on. Weird?! Has anyone else experienced this w/ these? The stain (color) isn't even near the color of the stick. That's the only reason I took off a lippie. Other then that, great steal & I will purchase more.

on 6/27/2014 7:40:00 PM

Most of the colors from this line are frosty, which not a lot of people tend to lean towards, but for a dollar you seriously can't beat this. I won't talk about the creme finishes since everyone knows that they're awesome.
I don't wear frosty or pearl finishes that often, but when I do my favorite from this line is fuschia with blue pearl or light beige frost. I don't mind the frost, in fact when it comes to fuschia I prefer the pearl, it just brights a different dimension to the look and lights up the color!
The only downside to this product is probably just that the packaging is pretty cheap and cuts into the product sometimes or the bullet falls out. Other than that you can't miss!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Silk Finish Lipstick in the bright red—I think it's Cherry Frost, but I'm not totally sure because everything came off when I unwrapped it, sorry—& I got it for a less than a dollar at Walgreens. This isn't a bad lipstick, but I'm glad I paid what I did because even at the small price of a dollar or two, I don't think I'd buy it again. To me, this was just your average drugstore lipstick. I'm typically never a fan of frosty cosmetics, but again, this was on sale & I felt like I'd regret it if I didn't pick one up. The lipstick is pigmented, but it isn't really opaque; I feel like I have to wear two coasts to achieve the look I want. Like another reviewer mentioned, because they're very cheap, these are good lipsticks if you're experimenting with colours you wouldn't try otherwise. In the end, I would up giving this away to my younger sister. Wet 'n' Wild usually has excellent makeup; I just wasn't impressed with this product.

on 5/10/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have several but want to talk only about Dark pink frost--i love frosty lipstick though it's not cool.. Love em and this truly beats my HE ones because it has the frosty POW and the shade really really works on me.

A soft cool rose with pale champagne shimmer. I love sparkly frosty lips on everyone and the formula of this is awesome too! Soft smooth no migrating gets along w/ lipliners.

on 2/27/2014 12:49:00 AM

This is a cheap product, a line that consists mostly of frosty colors. The cream ones, which were the only ones I go for, are extremely bright and pigmented! They are so goregeous and creamy, but I recently learned that they aren't exactly healthy for you (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/536226/Wet_%27n_Wild_Silk_Finish_Lipstick%2C_508A_Black_Orchid/)

Although they're cheap and nice, I don't want to take that risk D:

Popular Lipsticks