Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish lipsticks

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/28/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this at Rexall (Toronto, CA) for only about $1.49 on sale in 503C 'Will You Be With Me" a light-ish pink w/ little bit of mauve undertone which is really out of my comfort zone as I've got dark(er) skin. I'm Indian so have a light-med brown skin w/ red undertones. The receptionist at my work said she really liked it on me (she's used to me in browny-pinky nudes or maybe the odd purple), I told her I was nervous that it would look whack on me or too Nicky Minaj (hey she's beautiful but has her own style), but she thought it looked nice b/c it is so different on me if that makes any sense. My Mom liked it too, so does my BF, I like it a lot but just getting used to the look...Ok, as for wear, it's smooth, creamy, feels nice and light on the lips and lasts an amazingly long time! I feel I don't need a gloss or balm prior either. The only thing that confuses me is that it leaves a fuchsia type stain on my lips hrs after it wares off. I woke up this morning w/ pink fuchsia-eque lips yet NO lipstick actually on. Weird?! Has anyone else experienced this w/ these? The stain (color) isn't even near the color of the stick. That's the only reason I took off a lippie. Other then that, great steal & I will purchase more.

on 6/27/2014 7:40:00 PM

Most of the colors from this line are frosty, which not a lot of people tend to lean towards, but for a dollar you seriously can't beat this. I won't talk about the creme finishes since everyone knows that they're awesome.
I don't wear frosty or pearl finishes that often, but when I do my favorite from this line is fuschia with blue pearl or light beige frost. I don't mind the frost, in fact when it comes to fuschia I prefer the pearl, it just brights a different dimension to the look and lights up the color!
The only downside to this product is probably just that the packaging is pretty cheap and cuts into the product sometimes or the bullet falls out. Other than that you can't miss!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Silk Finish Lipstick in the bright red—I think it's Cherry Frost, but I'm not totally sure because everything came off when I unwrapped it, sorry—& I got it for a less than a dollar at Walgreens. This isn't a bad lipstick, but I'm glad I paid what I did because even at the small price of a dollar or two, I don't think I'd buy it again. To me, this was just your average drugstore lipstick. I'm typically never a fan of frosty cosmetics, but again, this was on sale & I felt like I'd regret it if I didn't pick one up. The lipstick is pigmented, but it isn't really opaque; I feel like I have to wear two coasts to achieve the look I want. Like another reviewer mentioned, because they're very cheap, these are good lipsticks if you're experimenting with colours you wouldn't try otherwise. In the end, I would up giving this away to my younger sister. Wet 'n' Wild usually has excellent makeup; I just wasn't impressed with this product.

on 5/10/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have several but want to talk only about Dark pink frost--i love frosty lipstick though it's not cool.. Love em and this truly beats my HE ones because it has the frosty POW and the shade really really works on me.

A soft cool rose with pale champagne shimmer. I love sparkly frosty lips on everyone and the formula of this is awesome too! Soft smooth no migrating gets along w/ lipliners.

on 2/27/2014 12:49:00 AM

This is a cheap product, a line that consists mostly of frosty colors. The cream ones, which were the only ones I go for, are extremely bright and pigmented! They are so goregeous and creamy, but I recently learned that they aren't exactly healthy for you (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/536226/Wet_%27n_Wild_Silk_Finish_Lipstick%2C_508A_Black_Orchid/)

Although they're cheap and nice, I don't want to take that risk D:

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After buying a crazy color for halloween, I was super impressed with the comfort and staying power of these. Now I own multiple Colors and i wear them all the time. It's one of the few lipsticks that doesn't dry my lips out and doesn't cost 20$ a pop. And for me, it lasts longer than all those pricey ones anyway. Lots of the colors leave a bit of stain once they do eventually fade away. You could totally use them as cream blushes in a pinch. obviously i cant speak for all the colors, but for me, hot paris pink, black orchid, and shade 522A are all pretty outstanding. And it's $0.99, so even if I hate it(I never do) I'm only out a dollar.

on 11/19/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Selected shades: black orchid (burgundy), cinnamon (red), hot paris pink (red coral), light berry frost (bright pink), nouveau pink (fuchsia pink), retro pink (lilac pink)

Pros

- pigmented
- affordable
- creamy

Cons

- packaging

Comments: Great lipsticks for the price. They're very pigmented and stay on well. The packaging is the only issue as with some of them, the tube keeps scrolling down during application.

Will repurchase.

on 11/2/2013 5:28:00 PM

I was looking for a cheap and bright red for a special occasion when I spotted this. I got the color #509A cinnamon. It was great. It's quite pigmented and feels good on. The color looked good on two of my friends and myself, and we all have different skin tones. If you put it on then blot, it stays on for a long time. If you're like me and you want to wear red everyday, but don't want to have the full color, just lightly dab it on. Plus, with the price being only 1$, there's nothing to complain about! I will definitely try some more colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was pleasantly surprised by this product! I was looking for a nice neutral lip color for Fall, and decided to give this a try in 545 (Blushing Bali). It's the perfect your-lips-but-better shade, just a tad darker than my natural lip color and applies smoothly, giving a nice wash of colour with a glossy finish and just a hint of shimmer. It's not too drying, doesn't gather in the lines of my lips, and for $1.57, it can't be beat! I will definitely be trying more colours in this line, though I will definitely be sticking with 545 for everyday wear.

on 10/3/2012 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A good, affordable way to try colors one wouldn't otherwise try. For a dollar (or less), these are great to experiment with. I have quite a few (Nouveau Pink, Blushing Bali, Hot Red, Dark Wine, Breeze, etc), and while I'm not fond of all of them, I will use them when trying to achieve certain looks.

They are moisturizing and have no offensive scent. The only problems I would say they have is that they aren't long lasting and bleed.

The packaging, of course is pure crap. Encased in a cheap, plastic tube that won't allow the bullet to fully retract (I've nicked these lipsticks more times than I can count).

Overall, I say try them. They definitely won't break the bank.

Popular Lipsticks