July 25, 2014 | 1998 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

This mascara can be a hit and miss. I'm not a fan of the brush. Doesn't really separate or define my lashes. Some days this will apply evenly and other days my lashes look clumpy or sticky or like spider legs! I reach for it sometimes, but Diorshow is still my HG and Too Faced Better than Sex mascara is a close second.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I’m generally a Maybelline falsies girl but was given this mascara as a gift and loved it! This mascara lives up to its name and gives you a ‘false lash effect’. The biggest strength of this product in my opinion is the brush. Not only does it allow you to comb the product through without clumping your lashes, it also has a great little spikey ball on the end that helps you reach lash corners and inner lashes that would usually be a headache with other mascara wands. You need to work quickly with this product, it dries to an almost waterproof mascara type feeling and is difficult to build if you wait too long in between, but, if applied properly it delivers a really gorgeous result. This personally transfers a little on me but will not stop me purchasing it again. Any downfalls? It’s pretty pricey for a mascara but worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

I love this product. The genius of it is the brush, with the spikey applicator ball at the end, which enables you to get every single lash, even at the corners of your eyes. If I end up buying a different mascara, I'll be saving the brush to use with it.

The formula itself is good too. I didn't find it to be too wet, as some other reviewers thought. It doesn't flake or melt either, and I have VERY watery eyes, so that's great! It loses one point for not being quite as voluminous and dramatic as I expected, but still a great purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I didn't like this mascara at all. Formula is too wet, didn't do anything for my lashes. Good thing I didn't buy it, as it was just a sample. I'll probably give it away or throw it out. I really don't like it! My lashes were a black, wet, clumpy mess! Do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have Asian lashes, this is NOT the mascara for you. In fact, run far, far away. The too-thin formula and too-defining brush merely color the lashes black--- which is great for Western folks who just want to "enhance" their already-lush eyelashes--- but not for Asians who need serious volume and payoff.

The first thing you'll notice is that the brush doesnt "grab" onto the lashes--it just glides through with zero friction, so there's very little mascara deposit onto the lash. The formula is very thin, which makes it hard to build up volume and length. Me, i like to "feel" the brush "Grabbing" onto the lashes and lifting them up. this one feels like nothing.

Because of the thin formula characteristic, Benefit realized this and marketed the ball-like tip of the wand as the volume depositor. Just hold it vertically onto the ends, and dab onto the needed areas, they say, and you get more va-va-voom! HA. HA.

Instead, it just deposits globs of product that you then have to comb out to distribute. it's messy and not accurate. Why do i need to build lush lashes in 2 steps, especially when i have spent 10-15 strokes already trying to get some payoff, and THEN i need to hold the wand vertically and add more globs to build body + volume? that i then have to frantically comb thru to even out? Forget it.

Please don't get suckered in by the marketing and "top selling" status at Sephora. If you have short, sparse, Asian-type lashes and need volume, this is a waste of your hard-earned cash.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by HOLLY182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth the money! I've used this a few times and have ended up removing it multiple times as it does not give me any kind of results I'd expect.
1. My lashes look clumped
2. No lift to my lashes
and
3. My lashes end up a wet mess!
Would not pay £19.50 when I gain better results using Boots Natural Collection mascara for just £1.99!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used a lot of mascaras and this is my favorite. It makes my lashes look fuller without clumps. Easy to apply. For me it has been easy to take out. The others mascaras I have not seen much difference in my lashes. I use heavy makeup and this is the one to go when you want to look va va boom. Great quality, and I alwsys throw away mascaras after 6 to 7 months because they start to clump on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Georgiawalterxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had always used the benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara, and after running out I went back to purchase a new one and was almost bullied into buying this one. Im very funny with my mascaras and I'm a creature of habit, but the girl at the shop basically took my money straight out of my hand before I had made up my mind ! When I took it home I was expecting it to be amazing after all the fuss the lady made about me buying this one instead of my Bad Gal Lash.. At first I found this product to be very 'wet' and was really bummed about spending a lot of money on a product that I wasn't sure about. but after a while it did make my lashes look lovely! I really like the brush and how it separates every lash!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

I have a love hate relationship with this mascara. For my ho hum eyelashes, it really delivers an amazing false lash look. I have thin lashes, and this thickened them with out clumps. Or making them look like spider legs. The brush, I love. It's perfect for getting the roots and lower lashes.

The con, and it's a doozey, is how hard this stuff is to remove. I'm all for a mascara that doesn't smudge or flake, but could it be a little less like cement? And don't forget to take your makeup off, one night after a cocktail (or two) too many I fell asleep without removing this stuff. Oh the heartbreak of having lashes break off... it was horrible.

Simply because I don't always feel like fighting with this stuff at night, it isn't my every day mascara. But it's wonderful when I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

Best mascara out there! I'm so glad I found this stuff because it really is magnificent:) The formula is a little clumpy, but with a good eye makeup remover, it shouldn't bother you. Once it dried up, I added a few drops of water to the bottle, shook it up, and it's now as good as new. Really great formula!