October 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cavernclub

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PLEASE....DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Unless you enjoy being ripped off. This mascara says RIGHT THERE ON THE BOX "won't smudge." Well, guess what? It smudges. Big time. Being not too pleased at being taken for the tune of thirty plus dollars, I tried to get a refund. The store refused. So I turned to the company itself. I phoned their head office - located in San Francisco - and asked for the name of their head of customer service so I could write a letter (yes, a letter because I was getting nowhere playing email tag with a number of "Customer Care" people). The person who answered the phone refused to give me this person's name. What kind of company operates like this? Who am I calling here? The CIA?!! Obviously this is one company that doesn't give a you-know-what about their customers or doesn't stand behind their products.

I was asked in an email if I still had the receipt. No, I replied. I came home, very angry at the store and threw it away. But I still had the box. I scanned this to her and she wrote back that I should mail the mascara, in the box and they would offer me, not a refund, but another product. I was very tempted to tell her exactly what she could do with her products, but instead, when I found out that they have an office here in Toronto, not far from where I live, I offered to drop it off. No, she came back with. We're not "equipped to accept refunds this way." So now on top of everything else, you want me to pay postage for this? Wow!! You people have some nerve, I'll say that!! Now because I didn't have the bill but had the box, was she implying that I didn't pay for it and therefore was denying me a refund? I don't know. All I know is, lady? If I was going to shoplift, it sure wouldn't be a stupid tube of mascara.....a mascara that doesn't even live up to it's promises that are right there on the box.

Benefit? You are one the most appalling examples of how a company should NOT treat customers. Your mascara sucks and so does your policies. If I could give them a sub-zero rating, I would.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by JessicaIsCool15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do not enjoy this mascara - It made my thin, brittle lashes feeling dry, clumpy and gives me no volume whatsoever.

When I first bought this product I had high hopes that maybe it would make my thin lashes looks more full and voluminous as had been promised to me by the lady at Sephora... she made the mascara sound like some sort of magical wand that's going to give me my dream lashes and that it's one of their best mascaras for years.

Lies, lies, lies! It was just awful. Clumpy and brittle.

Only reason I'm giving it 2/5 is because I can see why the mascara may be better suited for someone with thicker lashes... but really it's just a clumpy mess - does not do what it promises at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by asianchick101

I have straight, thin asian lashes, so if you are in this category do not spend 21$ on this product. All it did was give me some length and definition, (which many other drugstore mascaras can do) my curl completely vanished, I got no volume, and on top of everything it started to smudge! Maybe I had a bad tube? The packaging is a bit bulky for my taste as well. On to the next one...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

This was an awful mascara for me, didnt make lashes look full and spidery long like alot of the cheaper ones can do.pritty sure im allergic to it also. Hated the brush

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by candyA23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the way this mascara made my lashes look at first & it seemed to last mostly throughout an 8-hour work day. But after using it for a while, I noticed that it tends to smear mid-day when my t-zone gets oily. I would think if you're paying this much for a mascara, then it shouldn't do that? Also the more I thought about it, the results really aren't much different than what I get out of my traditional CoverGirl mascara. It may not clump or dry out as much, but I don't see what the hype is about with this product.

Will most likely not be repurchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Misssspiggy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Frankly I don't know what the fuss is about. This clumps and looks like Tammy Faye Bakker eyes. I get better results and compliments using the Bourjois mascaras and they are half the price. Give it a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Shelbylea

I wanted to try a mascara that would lengthen my lashes as much as possible so I decided to try this, it truly does give you amazing length but I find that it doesn't make your lashes full just long and stringy. It stays on all day so at the end of the night it's not the easiest to take off but I don't mind that to much, overall this is a good mascara don't think I'd purchase again but if you're looking for length this is a great mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this mascara. It lengthens very effectively, however it does really bizarre things to my lashes. It leaves my lashes in really wonky directions. Some lashes will stick straight out, some straight up, some will point downward, etc, despite curling them. This has never happened to me with any other mascara as my lashes typically curl very easily and look very cohesive, except when I use They're Real. I have long trashed this but I continue to be disappointed...I finally stopped buying Sephora's holiday mascara sampler kits because they have added this mascara for the past few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlley123456789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so basically I've been using this mascara for the past few months and love it. Most mascaras make my lashes fall out and my lashes are very prone to that, but this thing is amazing. And honestly I have pretty short eyelashes, but with this mascara, they look extremely long, I've been getting positive comments on my eye-lashes all the time, since I've started using this mascara. I love it and recommend it to everyone, the best mascara I've used so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Xoashhleyrose

I actually used to reallly lovee this mascara. It used to do wonders for me, i recommended it to everyone even though its pricey i still thought it was worth it. But as of recently i got this product again after running out months ago and finally getting a chance to go to sephora again for the best mascara I was really disappointed. I can't believe this is the mascara, I think they changed the brush it looked smaller and idk what else they did but it was notthhingg compared to what it used to be. I'm so disappointed because I loved this mascara it was my favorite and now I absolutely hate it. I don't even use it, it was a total waste of money and is not even being touched. Such a shame and for the price they charge they should have a greatt mascara. But do yourself a favor and don't waste your money, if your looking for a good mascara Mac has a great mascara which i use now and its soo fantastic. And if your on a budget you can go to rite aid and get maybelline mascara. I use lash stilleto and the rocket. Don't waste your money!