December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Sunscreen - Boots - Soltan Kids Hypoallergenic Suncare Lotion Extra Water Resistant SPF 50

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is on offer (buy-one-get-one-free) in Boots during the summer months. It's around 9, a bottle contains 200ml.
It's okay/ pretty decent. It doesn't dry out my skin, but it's not cosmetically elegant - it's shiny and therefore probably not suitable for oily skin. My skin is usually well-behaved so it looks okay and a bit of powder or blotting cuts the shine. It doesn't seem to exacerbate breakouts and it doesn't sting my extremely sensitive eyes or make them itch.
Not suitable for running or in extreme humidity because I'm not pale and therefore it would acquire a white cast when I sweat (the ONLY ones that hold up when I sweat are the Japanese waterproof ones). For every day use and under make up, it's fine - and I apply generously.
The only other issue I have, apart from the fact that it won't hold up well during a run, is that it's thick - bordering on a cream. The LRP Dermo-Peds which I initially hated (because I bought to wear while running and ended up looking like a clown) is more liquid and requires less rubbing in. It's fragranced, but the scent doesn't irritate my skin and it doesn't sting.
Ideally I'd wear LRP under my makeup instead of this. But given the great price and availability (Dermo-Peds is no longer stocked at my Boots) this is a good alternative. The rating reflects value for money when you BOGOF, availability and the fact that it looks okay. I tan easily and haven't noticed this happening when wearing this in the sun. I still prefer Dermo-Peds, but mainly because of consistency and habit. But until I get more of that, this will do.

I can't analyze the ingredients, but here they are, taken from the Boots website:

Aqua, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Butylene glycol, Octocrylene, Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tridecyl salicylate, C18-36 acid glycol ester, Polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, Methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol, Disodium phenyl dibenzimidazole tetrasulfonate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, Dimethicone, PVP/eicosene copolymer, Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Butyrospermum parkii butter, Diethylhexyl butamido triazone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl salicylate, Decyl glucoside, Acrylamide/ammonium acrylate copolymer, Parfum, Caprylyl glycol, Tocopheryl acetate, Potassium cetyl phosphate, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/vinyl isodecanoate crosspolymer, Xanthan gum, Vitis vinifera seed oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Dimethyl oxazolidine, Polysorbate 20, Propylene glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panax ginseng extract, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Aminomethyl propanol